• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's THE BOYS GEN V series (TBD)
1 1

51 posts in this topic

Almost through Season 2.

Great series.

Karl Urban’s brilliant, as is the narcissistic, psychopathic Homelander. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

Ticking a few social justice boxes there eh?

Disappointing that stuff has hit The Boys Universe.

On 7/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, Beige said:

Ticking a few social justice boxes there eh?

Disappointing that stuff has hit The Boys Universe.

It has been in the series almost the entire time unfortunately.  They didn't kill off Maeve because she's gay.......seriously they admitted that.  

On 7/25/2023 at 8:50 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

It has been in the series almost the entire time unfortunately.  They didn't kill off Maeve because she's gay.......seriously they admitted that.  

She is bi not gay. :nyah:

Regardless, I do really enjoy the Boys, and have high hopes for this. There are traces of what you are referring too, but there are also lines and scenes that seem that at least hint to a little balance. Like, I saw multiple ways to read the line, "Girls get it done," and they shied away from the modern trope that all girls instantly like one another, are friends, and are automatically the best. 

The promise of a spin-off from The Boys raises as many questions as it answers: will a show that purports to satirize the superhero genre fall into its greatest trap? Will this new series build on The Boys’ criticisms of the superhero industrial complex, or entirely prioritize its internal lore? What is The Boys without the characters we’ve spent years following? With all of these questions in mind, I went into Gen V unsure of what to expect, or even what I wanted. And to much surprise, the most consistent feeling coming out of the show’s first 6 episodes is confidence. Gen V is incredibly sure of what it is, where it stands in a broader context, and more importantly, what it has to offer.

The new Prime Video original series, created by Craig Rosenberg, Evan Goldberg, and Eric Kripke, follows young superhuman Marie Moreau (Jaz Sinclair) as she is accepted to the prestigious Godolkin University, an establishment run by Vought known for producing some of the biggest superheroes in the world of The Boys. Having been raised in care due to the explosive manifestation of her superpowers, she is desperate to prove herself and stay out of trouble but is soon sucked into a conspiracy that upends everything she knows about being a hero. It’s a simple setup, and it’s not hard to see the work it’s doing for the grander story of The Boys proper, but within this narrative, it is also the perfect catalyst for the relationships that the show is really interested in, namely that of Marie and her new classmates.

On 15/07/2022 at 18:57, kimik said:

Excelente!

Agora eles só precisam adicionar um terceiro show centrado em Solider Boy, Stormfront e todos os super-heróis mais antigos da época. :Desejo sorte: O show "histórico" poderia ser usado para dar início ao enredo de The Boys e Varsity.

They will probably only release it next year

On 7/25/2023 at 7:00 PM, drotto said:

She is bi not gay. :nyah:

Regardless, I do really enjoy the Boys, and have high hopes for this. There are traces of what you are referring too, but there are also lines and scenes that seem that at least hint to a little balance. Like, I saw multiple ways to read the line, "Girls get it done," and they shied away from the modern trope that all girls instantly like one another, are friends, and are automatically the best. 

I didn’t think there was anyway to read the line, “girls get it done,” except as mocking it within the context of the season and the characters. It was making fun of Marvel and focus group check marks. 

For me, the first three episodes were a good introduction to this new part of The Boys franchise.

There's definitely a dark atmosphere throughout the school and it is clear if you don't bring the power you are beneath the rest.

Looking forward to the next episode.