• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Hunt!
1 1

15 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

I know there’s at least one on #310. Lower right.

Probably start at #303 if you want to find them all.

Did he start this earlier?  I also noticed at least 1 in #307, hidden on Chameleon's left wrist, but it doesn't look like he started including the number until #311?    I checked all the covers starting at #298, and this was the first issue that seemed to included a number next to his signature banner to denote how many 'hidden' spiders are intentionally included on the cover? 

And I like the joke in 'Spider-Man' #1, where he just put a question mark since there were so many spiders drawn into the web lol.

If he did this on an earlier book then PLEASE add it to the thread! AFAIK, I don't think he did it again until #313?:

ASM_313_Spiders.jpg

Edited by StreetPreacher

On 9/26/2020 at 5:12 AM, StreetPreacher said:

Did he start this earlier?  I also noticed at least 1 in #307, hidden on Chameleon's left wrist, but it doesn't look like he started including the number until #311?    I checked all the covers starting at #298, and this was the first issue that seemed to included a number next to his signature banner to denote how many 'hidden' spiders are intentionally included on the cover? 

And I like the joke in 'Spider-Man' #1, where he just put a question mark since there were so many spiders drawn into the web lol.

If he did this on an earlier book then PLEASE add it to the thread! AFAIK, I don't think he did it again until #313?:

Apparently the number was included when there was more than one.  The first I remembered was #303.  A guy at the shop brought this up and we spent some time looking over a bunch of covers to find the “spiders”.  I think it’s a neat piece of trivia.

18 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

And I think the earliest McASM’s contained at least one panel with Felix the Cat!

Yeah, Felix was another fun character to look for in the background of McFarlane panels! 

I don't remember all of the Felix appearances, but I know he can be seen sticking out of a background garbage can on the ASM #320 cover :)

asm320.jpg

EDIT: Is there NO WAY TO DELETE a message?  Somehow I ended up posting the picture in a 2nd comment, when 1 comment would have sufficed.  However I don't see any option to completely delete a message?  Is deleting not possible, or am I overlooking the option?

Edited by StreetPreacher

1 hour ago, StreetPreacher said:

Yeah, Felix was another fun character to look for in the background of McFarlane panels! 

I don't remember all of the Felix appearances, but I know he can be seen sticking out of a background garbage can on the ASM #320 cover :)

EDIT: Is there NO WAY TO DELETE a message?  Somehow I ended up posting the picture in a 2nd comment, when 1 comment would have sufficed.  However I don't see any option to completely delete a message?  Is deleting not possible, or am I overlooking the option?

There is no reason to delete, but to show you where it is:

On your post, at the bottom on the leftish side, there is an "options" button, click it, then hit the "hide" button, this "deletes" it :foryou: 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is no reason to delete, but to show you where it is:

On your post, at the bottom on the leftish side, there is an "options" button, click it, then hit the "hide" button, this "deletes" it :foryou: 

54 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

I see "Quote" "Edit" & "Options", but the only option appears to be "Hide"...  I guess that's essentially the same as delete?

well lol it's what I said that hide was the delete lol but give it a shot! :makepoint: 

edit but yes "hide" essentially hides or deletes from everyone, I can see how that can be confusing :) to just hide it you don't know if it does it for everyone, but yes it does

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

well lol it's what I said that hide was the delete lol but give it a shot! :makepoint: 

Hey, I'm 42 and just started reading comics again, so obviously I'm not so bright!  I must have gotten distracted before I finished reading your reply...  And when I saw 'hide' I assume that would only HIDE the post from MY STREAM.. Sort of as a way to 'hide' any posts that might offend you...

6 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Hey, I'm 42 and just started reading comics again, so obviously I'm not so bright!  I must have gotten distracted before I finished reading your reply...  And when I saw 'hide' I assume that would only HIDE the post from MY STREAM.. Sort of as a way to 'hide' any posts that might offend you...

I wasn't offended, sorry if I seemed kurt, I was only joshing! No hard feelings I hope ;) 

I edited my reply as I caught on to your meaning, that hide might only be where you could no longer see it, no worries mate!

I sucks at this.  I meant that I assumed 'hide' was a way for users to 'hide' any posts THEY found offensive, so they could safely read the thread again without being forced to see the 'offensive' post again...

Anyway, no hard feeling, and this is already way too many posts covering something pointless :) lol.

Thanks for the tip, I'll use the 'hide' option next time I accidentally post a stupid message..  So my message count might soon decrease significantly ;)

On 9/28/2020 at 10:48 AM, StreetPreacher said:

asm320.jpg

You should post this over at Adventures In The Litter Box!  :wink: