• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OA stream of consciousness thread

244 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2021 at 7:24 AM, RBerman said:

It's my anniversary! The one year anniverary of joining this board, that is. I came here originally to get counsel on a sketch I had bought at auction and found a whole lot of helpful, knowledgeable people. I had bought my first piece in early 2019 from an artist's web site, then got some commissions fulfilled at a convention (remember those?) in late 2019. While at the convention, I saw a dealer with bins of original art pages for sale; I didn't realize that was a thing. That led to discovering the various online auction houses, artist agents, and resale dealers operating online. And to CAF, which is a lovely resource for the whole hobby.

There's a lot of big fish swimming in this ocean. As a reader whose heyday was the early 80s, I'm drawn nostalgically to some of the most contested material. But on the upside, I find that I care more about the "talking pages" than the big splash fights. So my collection is decidedly "C-List," but I'm OK with that. I don't see myself entering five figure territory; even four will be a rare stretch. But as they say, it's always fun to window shop.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!

artists.thumb.jpg.e5cd8b88a0ed67ca49e013aca298f285.jpg

Someone drew my attention to this post again today; the new tally is below. I forgot about this a few weeks ago when it was the second anniversary of my participation in this forum. 2021 turned out to be another good art year for me, getting some long-desired artists and learning about some new ones too. Thanks for everyone here! You all teach me so much.

1094069099_no1.jpg.a3286ff5943c8696833ffa69a1fda5ef.jpg1257885610_No2.jpg.c52d4a1bca55387aaa715c8bb78189c7.jpg

Edited by RBerman