• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
4 4

606 posts in this topic

Are those indices worth anything? I have a handful (from Marvel and other company that did them for a while) and I always assumed they were inherently without value because there was no original content (aside from the covers, I guess)

49 minutes ago, TappanZee said:

Are those indices worth anything? I have a handful (from Marvel and other company that did them for a while) and I always assumed they were inherently without value because there was no original content (aside from the covers, I guess)

Sorry but I don’t think they’d be worth much unless they were graded 9.8’s with white pages.  I love em’ though.  That may be why I tend to be a completionist when it comes to collecting.

6 minutes ago, TappanZee said:

Oh, no worries. I had no expectations of them. Mostly just curious.

Speaking of completionists, I'm working on a complete FF collection. I've spent 30 years on it and I imagine I may spend another 30 before I'm done.

Super cool.  I almost have a complete run of Tales to Astonish through the most recent issue of Hulk.  I’m only missing Hulk #180 and #181.  I better stop buying junk and saving up for them before they’re out of reach.  Ha ha

1 minute ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Super cool.  I almost have a complete run of Tales to Astonish through the most recent issue of Hulk.  I’m only missing Hulk #180 and #181.  I better stop buying junk and saving up for them before they’re out of reach.  Ha ha

Wow. You're a lot farther along then I am.  I'm now in the Lee/Kirby's and starting to realize I may need to liquidate some of my other titles if I'm going to realistically complete the collection.