• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
4 4

606 posts in this topic

I put together Byrne's FF run a few years ago but haven't sat down to read it.  I was able to do it for dirt cheap which was nice because some of the issues seemed to have started an upward tend.  I surprisingly didn't read much of the FF from the copper age outside of a few issues that tied in with The Thing solo series or other crossovers.  Reading through this thread, I think I need to move the Byrne run closer to the top of my read list.  

On 8/2/2021 at 7:33 PM, mec3437 said:

I put together Byrne's FF run a few years ago but haven't sat down to read it.  I was able to do it for dirt cheap which was nice because some of the issues seemed to have started an upward tend.  I surprisingly didn't read much of the FF from the copper age outside of a few issues that tied in with The Thing solo series or other crossovers.  Reading through this thread, I think I need to move the Byrne run closer to the top of my read list.  

When the Byrne issues were coming out, i loved them so much I bought 4 copies of each.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:57 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

When the Byrne issues were coming out, i loved them so much I bought 4 copies of each.

I was pretty upset when Byrne left the X-Men. (at the time, I had no idea about the behind-the-scenes friction as to why he left)

BUT - I was super stoked when he took over the FF! I bought 2 copies of 232 and 236 (I wish I'd bought 4 of all of them!)
FF 236 is still a big-time favorite. The Inhumans & Black Panther in 240/241 were cool, and then 242/243/244 and Doom in 246/247.
I enjoyed all of Byrne's Doom issues.
(also a big fan of Byrne's original 209-221 work too)

Either I never had a clue or I'm experiencing the onset of dementia. I was checking out Monday's  auction closings on CL and came across this listing...

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D41%23Item_1550203&id=1550203&itemType=0

WTH? I always thought she was Ben's girl?

On 3/26/2022 at 8:20 AM, Gaard said:

Either I never had a clue or I'm experiencing the onset of dementia. I was checking out Monday's  auction closings on CL and came across this listing...

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D41%23Item_1550203&id=1550203&itemType=0

WTH? I always thought she was Ben's girl?

That story starts with the Secret Wars and ends with an egg. :shiftyeyes: