• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Population Report Tool
3 3

222 posts in this topic

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Ferniepaz said:

Has the Population report come out yet? I feel a pop report would really solidify CGC and make people more comfortable sending in cards.

It has not, but we are working on it!

Paul

48 minutes ago, Sanin_Sagemode said:

Hey Paul, Will Graded Cards now be in the population report or Not sure if your slabs now have a pop number.

I am not Paul, but given that you can look up existing cert by number, all the graded cards are already in the database, and be easily queried.

I am surprised to learn that this is task will take months.  It should be 2 queries, one match the set, card number, and grade.  one match the set, card, number and graded higher.  And 2 lines in the UI to expose the result is already there since the cert lookup share entry point with comics.

So excited about this - even to just know its in the works. Obviously something like this isn't easy - so whether its released this month or next year; its exciting to hear it WILL be released. I look forward to it! 

Population tool being added right now would be the absolute perfect timing! PSA has closed their incoming submissions and it could be the perfect time for a take over by CGC. Just one feature that would level each grading service, though I will always be team CGC :P

On 3/24/2021 at 3:03 PM, C Boyd said:

Do we have a monthly update on this Paul?

Probably not. He only talks about it when asked, and even then he does it sparingly meaning there’s not much to talk about. 

I’m thinking his answer will probably stay the same until we get a press release announcing it out of the blue one day. 

This is absolutely nuts. Considering all of us spend thousands for them to look at some cards, slap it in a case and ship it back to us that we pay for. We as customers need this tool for many reasona that you already know answers to. This is our investment we are trusting you guys with. Its more than just hobby! Surely they can make this a priority for a few weeks and have it released within the next month. Saying its a priority and making it priority are 2 different things

Edited by GuiltyWaiver

I am, patiently, excited for this. I don't think most people realize they are not likely to just slap on some search feature to their database.

It's very likely the entire site is getting a complete overhaul, maybe from scratch even.

I also suspect they are going to add features they do not wish to share about yet as well as place some foundation for the future such as a Mobile App.

That takes ALOT of work. It's not that easy. 

On 4/3/2021 at 6:11 PM, Toybot said:

I am, patiently, excited for this. I don't think most people realize they are not likely to just slap on some search feature to their database.

It's very likely the entire site is getting a complete overhaul, maybe from scratch even.

I also suspect they are going to add features they do not wish to share about yet as well as place some foundation for the future such as a Mobile App.

That takes ALOT of work. It's not that easy. 

^^ Thank you for saying this. All too often these moose knuckles are screaming at the top of their lungs like the spoiled children that they are for something they have no comprehension of what's required to make. Coding a website is one thing, data compilation, accessibility, hosting, etc... And if I was them, I would make sure they had a phone app right off the bat as well, to appease the inevitable cry babies that will whine about that.

It's almost like people couldn't get cards graded prior to things like pop reports.....oh wait 9_9

• Administrator
On 3/23/2021 at 1:18 AM, Sanin_Sagemode said:

Hey Paul, Will Graded Cards now be in the population report or Not sure if your slabs now have a pop number.

Of course. We have the pop report file internally already which includes every card we've graded so far. We are just working on updating the website so that this information is easy to peruse.

Paul