• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Population Report Tool
3 3

222 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2022 at 12:10 AM, PokemanDude90 said:

Okay so rather than go the CSG route and explicitly overhaul their grading scale, CGC appears to be actually using their existing grading scale like they should have been from the beginning, and are giving out much more 10’s right now. 

I’m seeing a ton of vintage english CGC 10 cards on EBay with the new gradient label, meaning they were graded recently, which supports the theory. It’s a smart play by CGC to give people what they are want (10’s) but this should have been done a year ago, better late than never I suppose. Better late than never to actually use the two 10’s on your grading scale rather than cap most cards at a 9.5. Makes sense to actually use the scale CGC themselves invented…. 

Wonder how many of my 9.5’s would get 10’s now. Hmm. 

I'm still holding out hope that CGC goes the CSG route. It's a humungous mistake not to make the gem mint grade exclusively 10, IMO. It's what the market wants. It seems easy enough -- legacy Gem Mint 9.5s can be reslabbed (for a fee) as gem mint 10s, and everything else would remain the same.

Also, where are the vintage English CGC 10s on eBay? I'm seeing almost none being listed. Hell, I'm not even seeing that many 9.5s (outside of non-holos).

On 4/3/2022 at 1:18 PM, zorloth said:

I'm still holding out hope that CGC goes the CSG route. It's a humungous mistake not to make the gem mint grade exclusively 10, IMO. It's what the market wants. It seems easy enough -- legacy Gem Mint 9.5s can be reslabbed (for a fee) as gem mint 10s, and everything else would remain the same.

Also, where are the vintage English CGC 10s on eBay? I'm seeing almost none being listed. Hell, I'm not even seeing that many 9.5s (outside of non-holos).

Personally I think it is as more of a need for the sports market. Cgc has set their own standard which many people now prefer over PSA. Plus that scale cheapens Pristine 10s into the lower gem 10 category 

On 4/4/2022 at 3:35 PM, DonLaGreca said:

Its officially April 2022. Its been nearly TWO YEARS and you guys have yet to supply your paying customers with possibly the most basic feature that every single reputable grading company offers. At this point it is almost pathetic how this has not been completed. With the amount of money you guys are making, I find it truly impressive that you have failed to hire a competent engineering team to develop a simple website that displays a god damn excel sheet for chirsts sake. We aren't talking brain surgery here. Stop with the excuses and be transparent with your customers and your community. 

If they were going to be transparent they’d have to admit that the pop report has been ready for some time but that it’s been held back while they implement a change to their grading standards. 

Take a look at their recent Instagram post of the pristine 10 Skyrdige Charizard. Looks to me like they’ve gone from being one of the toughest graders to one of the most forgiving.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, DonLaGreca said:

Its officially April 2022. Its been nearly TWO YEARS and you guys have yet to supply your paying customers with possibly the most basic feature that every single reputable grading company offers. At this point it is almost pathetic how this has not been completed. With the amount of money you guys are making, I find it truly impressive that you have failed to hire a competent engineering team to develop a simple website that displays a god damn excel sheet for chirsts sake. We aren't talking brain surgery here. Stop with the excuses and be transparent with your customers and your community. 

It's not almost pathetic -- it is pathetic. CGC had so much potential to really revolutionize the TCG grading space, and they totally squandered it.

It's such a shame because the product CGC puts out is good (if not great). The slabs have exceptional clarity and provide an overall superior viewing experience. There are some issues with grading consistency, but that's (to some extent) inevitable with human grading. But not releasing a pop report for two+ years? There's no good excuse for that.

As I see it, there are two possible explanations (neither of which are good excuses):

1. CGC is profoundly mismanaged.

or

2. The release of the pop report was intentionally delayed (for what reason I'm not sure).

On 4/3/2022 at 10:18 AM, zorloth said:

Check their Instagram right now (Crystal Zard 10, Gyarados Skyridge Holo 10, Neo Destiny Zard 1st Ed. 10 etc. that’s just the heavy hitters, lots of Pristine 10 WOTC non holos hitting ebay but check sold listings too as people might be gobbling those up.

With the unofficial change in grading scale, I’m now considering sending in another bulk submission, after not sending in anything the last 6 months. Hopefully someone at CGC sees this and smiles knowing they’re making the right moves to turn the ship around right now. 

On 4/6/2022 at 4:20 AM, PokemanDude90 said:

Check their Instagram right now (Crystal Zard 10, Gyarados Skyridge Holo 10, Neo Destiny Zard 1st Ed. 10 etc. that’s just the heavy hitters, lots of Pristine 10 WOTC non holos hitting ebay but check sold listings too as people might be gobbling those up.

With the unofficial change in grading scale, I’m now considering sending in another bulk submission, after not sending in anything the last 6 months. Hopefully someone at CGC sees this and smiles knowing they’re making the right moves to turn the ship around right now. 

This makes me so disappointed when I've been an early adopter of the service and have been burnt on many mint vintage cards.

Ive seen those vintage 10s and alot of my mint 9s are as good as those cards.

Both frustrating and disappointing...

I'm enjoying the pop report already. Looks great and easy to use. I already noticed some questionable stuff. How did this 1 and only base set unlimited Chansey get a pristine 10 grade with 2 9.5 sub grades? Anyone care to explain?

Screenshot_20220406-095009_Chrome.jpg

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1

• Administrator
On 4/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I'm enjoying the pop report already. Looks great and easy to use. I already noticed some questionable stuff. How did this 1 and only base set unlimited Chansey get a pristine 10 grade with 2 9.5 sub grades? Anyone care to explain?

Screenshot_20220406-095009_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for bringing this one to our attention. It is a 9.5 which has been corrected. It should update sometime today. 

Paul

Better late than never lol. Seems to function well, overall. Is there a way to report cards that have been cracked out of slabs and/or lost/damaged in transit?

Edited by zorloth

• Administrator
On 4/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I have another question. Are some error cards not listed on the pop report specifically printer hickey errors?

Only repeating errors that are done as variants are listed right now. The other cards are there, just not broken out by error. We will be adding that functionality in at a later date. 

Paul

looks pretty good/  I don't submit Magic or Pokemon, so maybe I don't understand.  But poking around, I see a 1 in the grade ( 1 card) but when I click on the 1 I see 2 cards graded.  is this a glitch?

this card for example...

#135 Scavenging Ooze Promo

• Administrator
On 4/6/2022 at 12:44 PM, Aman619 said:

here's screenshots of what I see...

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 12.44.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 12.44.08 PM.png

Thanks, we are investigating this error.

Paul