• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Population Report Tool
3 3

222 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 4/22/2021 at 1:59 AM, Satch24 said:

Will the Population report include previously graded cards? Or only cards graded after the roll out of the report?

All cards graded so far from day 1. 

Hey CGC team / Paul,

I think the community would be satisfied with a table published at a very low frequency (not live) at this point. Really, anything. 

I can see why this may be a challenge to host, and set up a live view. But, assuming there is some aggregate-able data here, a group by then count in some static form would suffice.

It’s been hard to value 9.5’s and 9s on some of these vintage cards. I imagine pop reports would settle some investor/collector concerns or worries about scarcity. I can only see releasing this data soon as a positive for the value of a cgc slab - especially since competitors are opening their doors again in the coming weeks.

-a committed CGC fan

🙏 please

On 6/12/2021 at 7:05 PM, Aman619 said:

just let Valiantman sort it out as he does for comics census.  He'll have it up on his site in a week because he is familiar with the CGC database protocols already

He just pulls the data from the Census and presents it in a different way. If the data isn't publicly available (which the card stuff is obviously not), he has nothing to work with.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:30 AM, PaulS. said:

We are still working on this. It is coming, I promise. 

Any update on a timeframe for this Paul? This tool will be invaluable to everyone and I’m really hopeful it can be implemented before the end of this summer, at the absolute worst before the end of 2021. 

I’m sure you can’t say, but I’m also curious if there will be a mobile app so we can keep track of our collections?

Good Morning PaulS,

I know you are probably slammed with the amount of work coming into cgc right now. Was hoping you could help me get a solid date for the population report. I have been pushing cgc to my community on Twitch, Twitter, and Insta about the high standards of grading at cgc. I have been promoting and pushing that the value of cgc prestine 10s and perfect 10s will dramatically increase once the population reports have been set. The implementation of the pop. report i believe will send cgc light years beyond PSA into the realm of competing with BGS. I firmly believe you are working hardest to get this implemented but hoping you can give us a firm data and some hope. Everyone that is investing in the CGC brand is counting on this to get our card value to where they rightly deserve to be. 

Thank you for you time,

RBKMUSTANGSALLY

Paul S, I am a big CGC guy and have defended your promise for over a month now however, I believe you are letting me down. Can you provide any assurances the pop report will be completed soon so I can clap back at the haters.

• Administrator

There is no solid date for the pop report. It is coming though, and is actively being worked on.

Thank you,

Paul

Folks, this thread has been open for almost a year when the question was first asked.  You can keep asking and the answer is going to always be that they are working on it, until they actually do produce it, which could be tomorrow, or it could be 2 years from now.

They obviously already have this report for comics, so they know how to do it, and they also obviously have an internal database of every card they have ever graded.

Whatever the reason is that they aren't making it public is their decision and they will publish it when they are ready.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:19 PM, Holku said:

Folks, this thread has been open for almost a year when the question was first asked.  You can keep asking and the answer is going to always be that they are working on it, until they actually do produce it, which could be tomorrow, or it could be 2 years from now.

They obviously already have this report for comics, so they know how to do it, and they also obviously have an internal database of every card they have ever graded.

Whatever the reason is that they aren't making it public is their decision and they will publish it when they are ready.

But for those of us trying to side with cgc and their grading standards. We are hoping their prices comp with psa and without this pop report I don’t believe they will stand apart and surpass psa. I send a lot of cards into cgc monthly cause I believe in them but I believe the lack of any type of pop report showing the rarity of 9.5 and 10s does an injustice to everyone that is investing in the cgc Brand. A pop report before psa and Beckett open back up I believe will have the biggest impact and allow for bigger draw of people to the rarity of cgc graded 10 cards but without this once they open back up cgc will go back to where it started on the ladder. I firmly believe cgc could take over the big 2 if they put in the time to drop the pop report and show how few perfect 10s actually exist.