• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Population Report Tool
3 3

222 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Stop spreading misinformation like you did in the other thread. No one knows when its getting released.

I'm not spreading misinformation.. everyone knows they announce things on thursday but who knows which thursday no one knows.. i come bc i love pokemon and u spread hate.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, Mike Davies said:

All this sense of entitlement and demanding....

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comment, but I think you misunderstood what I said. I'm not complaining about there being no pop report...I'm saying that there is a person accused of directly manipulating the graded video game market while at WATA who is working for CGC. He (allegedly) did this by exploiting WATA's lack of pop report. The snake that bit someone in the grass over there is in this tall grass we're all standing in (so to speak).

Maybe have a read through what I've written, if you disagree, great! Regardless I'd be interested in what you think. Be it for or against what I've raised, I think its important to be discussed.

And just on the development time you raised, I only raise this because

1. They already have a database, thus a search query of this database is a few lines of code. Yes there is a user interface that needs to be developed, but this is not a 2 year job in my opinion. You also don't use graders to develop code, its completely independent of the number of submissions, doubly so because is a database (more entries in a database doesnt affect a competently written search query)

2. The person involved. (Previously mentioned)

3. Saying your going to release a pop report is not actually releasing a pop report. The same exploitation tactics can, and likely are being used. I hope that putting a little bit of pressure on cgc to release a pop report has the potential to minimise damage to people paying very high prices for things that they wouldn't have if they had known the actual rarity.

CGC, to there credit have not removed my posts...so who knows, maybe I've got this all wrong.

Edited by _Jut_

On 9/12/2021 at 7:23 AM, _Jut_ said:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comment, but I think you misunderstood what I said. I'm not complaining about there being no pop report...I'm saying that there is a person accused of directly manipulating the graded video game market while at WATA who is working for CGC. He (allegedly) did this by exploiting WATA's lack of pop report. The snake that bit someone in the grass over there is in this tall grass we're all standing in (so to speak).

Maybe have a read through what I've written, if you disagree, great! Regardless I'd be interested in what you think. Be it for or against what I've raised, I think its important to be discussed.

And just on the development time you raised, I only raise this because

1. They already have a database, thus a search query of this database is a few lines of code. Yes there is a user interface that needs to be developed, but this is not a 2 year job in my opinion. You also don't use graders to develop code, its completely independent of the number of submissions, doubly so because is a database (more entries in a database doesnt affect a competently written search query)

2. The person involved. (Previously mentioned)

3. Saying your going to release a pop report is not actually releasing a pop report. The same exploitation tactics can, and likely are being used. I hope that putting a little bit of pressure on cgc to release a pop report has the potential to minimise damage to people paying very high prices for things that they wouldn't have if they had known the actual rarity.

CGC, to there credit have not removed my posts...so who knows, maybe I've got this all wrong.

Totally agree with you here. It would not take one person that long to code out a POP report for TCG. They already have a POP report for comics. Why can't they just copy and paste it over to TCG and then clean up the code loose ends?

The longer they take to do this, the more they dig themselves in a hole. For all we know, people at CGC are trying to rig prices on their slabs. (Could be true, could is false) CGC has already built a bad reputation on customer service as they can't even give proper answers to simple questions and are trained to use a copy and paste method to answer questions...

I'm just glad I get to grade my old cards for fun with my son. But after I get my belongings back, I will not be returning to any grading company because this whole experience dealing with cgc, psa etc is just completely ridiculous from TAT, bad customer service, no pop report and the card grading community seems to be a bunch of money hungry freaks trying to flip cards for cash. If that's what people want to do, that's fine with me. I'm just not going down that rabbit hole.

Either CGC doesn't want a TCG pop report so they can manipulate prices when selling, or they have made enough money from customers that they just don't give a damn anymore. Because from my experience with customer service, damaged slabs in shipping and mislabeled slabs, they don't really care about the customer that has made them rich. It's hard to trust ANYTHING they say.... Good luck to everyone and I hope you all get your cards back in good condition with no errors.... 

• Administrator
On 9/16/2021 at 11:14 AM, Gold3nRyu said:

Any updates regarding the progress of the population report? I understand a lot of changes are happening within the company and was just wondering how much progress has been made. Thank you!

It is still being worked on, but progress is definitely being made. It will not be a simple query tool, it will be a full-fledged pop report similar to the one on ngccoin.com.

Thank you,

Paul

• Administrator
On 10/4/2021 at 3:45 PM, michaelpett24 said:

@PaulS. can we expect an official announcement from CGC about the pop report tool in 2021 or is it expected to launch in 2022? 

Edited: Likely to be early 2022, sorry for the delay!

Thank you (and everyone else) for your patience!

Paul

On 10/28/2021 at 4:10 PM, Charly Sandoval said:

Pretty much November and still nothing 😢

he said "relatively soon" IN OCTOBER.  I think if he knew it was gonna in the same month, he would have said "THIS MONTH".  Based on the context clue and the previous question Paul was answering, it seems reasonable to expect it before 2022, probably late November or sometime in December, or possibly a literal New Year's launch.  I assume they would also have an announcement about the launch date first, maybe build some hype.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:45 PM, michaelpett24 said:

@PaulS. can we expect an official announcement from CGC about the pop report tool in 2021 or is it expected to launch in 2022? 

On 10/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, PaulS. said:

I just spoke with the team leader on this, and it should be this year. It's October already, so it should be coming relatively soon!

Thank you (and everyone else) for your patience!

Paul

On 9/16/2021 at 3:23 PM, PaulS. said:

It is still being worked on, but progress is definitely being made. It will not be a simple query tool, it will be a full-fledged pop report similar to the one on ngccoin.com.

Thank you,

Paul

Any update on the pop report release? cheers!

• Administrator
On 11/1/2021 at 6:32 PM, con1357 said:

Any update on the pop report release? cheers!

Unfortunately it has been delayed a bit, but we are throwing more resources at the project to try to get it launched sooner. Probably looking at early in 2022.  

Paul

On 12/3/2021 at 12:13 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

At this point, I dont think they will ever release a pop report let alone give us a proper update besides "a few more months", "early next year" etc. It's sad really

:screwy: Of course they will.