Population Report Tool
16 16

213 posts in this topic

So started working on a scraping solution. Does anyone know the science behind the the Cert numbers?? I think it would be helpful on how they come up with these Cert numbers. It doesn't seem to just be in order. Also CGC blocks you from the Verify page after a few searches. So compiling all the data would take fooooooorever without using a Proxy server that changes every so amount of searches :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, kreativemente said:

So started working on a scraping solution. Does anyone know the science behind the the Cert numbers?? I think it would be helpful on how they come up with these Cert numbers. It doesn't seem to just be in order. Also CGC blocks you from the Verify page after a few searches. So compiling all the data would take fooooooorever without using a Proxy server that changes every so amount of searches :/

It’s your submission number followed by line number

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 10:56 PM, GhostyToasty said:

It’s your submission number followed by line number

Ugh. That is going to be terrible to guess unless we know the very first submission number. Will constantly hit roadblocks and errors or getting blocked from searching too much. 🤔

Thanks so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a joke. I will say I am a fan of CGC and if any of you folks work at a tech company or know someone that does - this “project” literally is something that could be banged out within a reasonable timeframe (six months to design and code a couple others to test). You don’t use graders to code, you use them to assist in the design/build and testing of the solution. You don’t have the resources internally? You outsource it to the bajillion consulting firms out there. From launch of the trading card service to now I would say is a enough time to do this twice over. Say what you want about PSA and their shenanigans, but CGC has been the worst with customer service. I mean bottom feeders like HGA have a pop tool and will answer literally every question you throw out at them at a fraction of the resources CGC has. CGC - get your act together!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2021 at 2:09 PM, ABones90s said:

This is a joke. I will say I am a fan of CGC and if any of you folks work at a tech company or know someone that does - this “project” literally is something that could be banged out within a reasonable timeframe (six months to design and code a couple others to test). You don’t use graders to code, you use them to assist in the design/build and testing of the solution. You don’t have the resources internally? You outsource it to the bajillion consulting firms out there. From launch of the trading card service to now I would say is a enough time to do this twice over. Say what you want about PSA and their shenanigans, but CGC has been the worst with customer service. I mean bottom feeders like HGA have a pop tool and will answer literally every question you throw out at them at a fraction of the resources CGC has. CGC - get your act together!

They already have a POP report for comics. So why can't they just use that for TCGs? It's been well over a year now since they started grading cards. They gotta have a internal pop report. So why not have a public pop report? Seems like to me employees are controlling the CGC 10 market by doing this. Yes they say they have rules in place for stuff like this but who says it not just a front?

We can't even get an answer too if centering is graded by machine or human. A lot of stuff CGC is hiding from us...

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1
Loading...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2021 at 2:09 PM, ABones90s said:

This is a joke. I will say I am a fan of CGC and if any of you folks work at a tech company or know someone that does - this “project” literally is something that could be banged out within a reasonable timeframe (six months to design and code a couple others to test). You don’t use graders to code, you use them to assist in the design/build and testing of the solution. You don’t have the resources internally? You outsource it to the bajillion consulting firms out there. From launch of the trading card service to now I would say is a enough time to do this twice over. Say what you want about PSA and their shenanigans, but CGC has been the worst with customer service. I mean bottom feeders like HGA have a pop tool and will answer literally every question you throw out at them at a fraction of the resources CGC has. CGC - get your act together!

Six months? We're talking about a pop report tool, not an MMORPG lol. A lone competent programmer could set it up in less than a week. I'm a huge fan of CGC, but the fact that they haven't released one yet is pathetic and inexcusable. It's genuinely confounding that an otherwise competent company hasn't put any priority whatsoever on something as important as this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2021 at 7:42 PM, zorloth said:

Six months? We're talking about a pop report tool, not an MMORPG lol.

I’m giving them some benefit of doubt here as it is customer facing and needs to get out to their website which can take more time then some jamoke slapping some ish together. They’re not Amazon… but yeah the point is it should have been done long ago and it’s ridiculous. 

Edited by ABones90s
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2021 at 5:42 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

We can't even get an answer too if centering is graded by machine or human.

Haha. My favorite CGC ironic (moronic) take is the always off-centered sticker rating on the label. Like we shouldn’t be surprised with the centering grades doled out given these jokers couldn’t get their freaking labels centered for the longest time. Though in fairness the new labels fix this and it looks great. Now I have a bunch of graded cards with the horrible looking miscentered sticker mashed with the new labels - so is CGC’s suggestion to fix this to submit for reholder, giving them even more money for their shoddy work here? Probably better for a separate topic though…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 12/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, BKennedy79 said:

Hey.  Checking to see if you all are closer on having a population report?  Enjoy the service but itvis hard to guage value without knowing CGC pops.  Understand it takes time so just checking to see if we are getting closer.  Thanks.

Yes, we are definitely getting close. The new CGC Online Submission Form and the CSG Pop Report should be launching within the next couple weeks or so. The next thing on the docket is the CGC Trading Cards Pop Report, which I am told will be done by early February at the latest. This pop report will not simply be a copy of the CGC Comics Pop Report, which is much older in style and function. Rather, it will be much more modern and easy to use. It will work almost exactly the same as the CSG one coming in the next week, so please check that out when it launches to get a good idea of what the CGC TC one will look like. I think you will all be very happy with how it looks and works.

Please note, we only have our one team of programmers that need to do work for NGC, NCS, PMG, CGC, CGC TC, CSG, ASG, and CCG. There is only so much bandwidth to go around. I too wish the CGC TC pop report had come out sooner, but it is coming within the next month or two, and I promise we are (and have been) working as fast as we can. 

 

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, PaulS. said:

Yes, we are definitely getting close. The new CGC Online Submission Form and the CSG Pop Report should be launching within the next couple weeks or so. The next thing on the docket is the CGC Trading Cards Pop Report, which I am told will be done by early February at the latest. This pop report will not simply be a copy of the CGC Comics Pop Report, which is much older in style and function. Rather, it will be much more modern and easy to use. It will work almost exactly the same as the CSG one coming in the next week, so please check that out when it launches to get a good idea of what the CGC TC one will look like. I think you will all be very happy with how it looks and works.

Please note, we only have our one team of programmers that need to do work for NGC, NCS, PMG, CGC, CGC TC, CSG, ASG, and CCG. There is only so much bandwidth to go around. I too wish the CGC TC pop report had come out sooner, but it is coming within the next month or two, and I promise we are (and have been) working as fast as we can. 

 

Paul

Thanks for the update, Paul! As a programmer I totally understand the stress, especially being a tiny bit understaffed for the amount of work that needs to be done. Hoping all goes well and it's up and running for Feb!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 12/15/2021 at 9:30 AM, Oreos said:

Thanks for the update, Paul! As a programmer I totally understand the stress, especially being a tiny bit understaffed for the amount of work that needs to be done. Hoping all goes well and it's up and running for Feb!

I hope so too! I really do think it should be. I'm excited for everyone to check out the CSG one when it goes live. I have seen it on our testing sites and it is pretty epic.

 

Like I mentioned before, the CGC TC one will be very similar to the CSG one, so everyone will be getting a sneak preview soon!

 

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2021 at 2:25 PM, PaulS. said:

I hope so too! I really do think it should be. I'm excited for everyone to check out the CSG one when it goes live. I have seen it on our testing sites and it is pretty epic.

 

Like I mentioned before, the CGC TC one will be very similar to the CSG one, so everyone will be getting a sneak preview soon!

 

Paul

Hello and happy new year! Just wondering if there's any update for the pop report? I popped over to CSG and couldn't locate one, has it not launched yet either?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 1/6/2022 at 4:30 PM, protahn said:

Hello and happy new year! Just wondering if there's any update for the pop report? I popped over to CSG and couldn't locate one, has it not launched yet either?

Happy New Year! Unfortunately, the CSG Census was delayed a bit due to some data issues in the database, not with the functionality of the website itself. So the delay of the CSG one should hopefully not affect the CGC TC Census release, which is still planned within the first couple months of this year.

 

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hahahaha this is a joke at this point. Bruh you guys make an absurd amount of money. Use some to hire additional programmers and provide your customers with a product that should be the bare minimum for a card company of this scale. 

Edited by DonLaGreca
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 1/8/2022 at 10:13 AM, DonLaGreca said:

hahahaha this is a joke at this point. Bruh you guys make an absurd amount of money. Use some to hire additional programmers and provide your customers with a product that should be the bare minimum for a card company of this scale. 

We are going to get it right the first time, and doing things right takes time. I apologize that there have been delays, but we are working on it. 

 

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
16 16