• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Population Report Tool
3 3

222 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2022 at 5:57 PM, Lazyboy said:

It seems more like a bunch of entitled people are impatient.

Things take time. Amazing concept, right?

What is the fastest that a new company/division has made a population report available? Do you know?

Actually it isn't that hard to program something like this, especially within the time frame they have had. I've seen replys explaining how poorly they've graded some cards (Meaning 9-9.5s should have been 10s and so forth) but the programming itself shouldn't take this long, including the time spent finding all the graded cards.

On 3/23/2022 at 5:57 PM, Lazyboy said:

It seems more like a bunch of entitled people are impatient.

Things take time. Amazing concept, right?

What is the fastest that a new company/division has made a population report available? Do you know?

Instantly...

On 3/23/2022 at 1:33 PM, PaulS. said:

We are still on track for the most part aside from some data cleanup issues. Hopefully will be this month still. If not, should be very early next month. There is a bit of exciting stuff coming before the pop report, then a bit after that is the pop. :) 

Paul

I really hope Paul is referring to CGC mirroring the CSG changes they just rolled out. My bet is they will. 

So assuming CGC makes the right business move here and adjusts like CSG did, that means legacy 9.5 get mints will be eligible to be reholdered into a 10… the question becomes does CGC have three 10’s (gem mint, pristine, perfect) or do they go the CSG route and only have gem mint 10 and perfect 10…. Interesting stuff!

• Administrator
On 3/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, PokemanDude90 said:

I really hope Paul is referring to CGC mirroring the CSG changes they just rolled out. My bet is they will. 

So assuming CGC makes the right business move here and adjusts like CSG did, that means legacy 9.5 get mints will be eligible to be reholdered into a 10… the question becomes does CGC have three 10’s (gem mint, pristine, perfect) or do they go the CSG route and only have gem mint 10 and perfect 10…. Interesting stuff!

I know of no plans to this effect. I was referring to some other exciting things.

Thanks,

Paul

On 3/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, Darkzard said:

Well Paul, please pass it up the chain, many collectors would like to see a more nutral color label and a grading scale more aligned with PSA. And please get rid of the half grades.

I strongly disagree with this! Use psa if that’s what you want 

On 3/27/2022 at 3:20 PM, Burnout_843 said:

Any updates on a pop report I would love to know how many perfect 10s on the 25 anniversary mew there are or if mine is the only 1

Same here not just perfect but Pristine too since CGC pristine SOLD higher than other company like SGC 10 BGS 9.5. I assume they want to show the pristine grade pop report to avoid whole Pokemon communities going mad. Especially the confusion that CSG Pristine now devalued to Gem Mint 10 changes already make lot submitter deciding to take their $ elsewhere.

On 3/23/2022 at 5:05 PM, SayNoToNFCs said:

This whole thing is either a giant joke or we're being trolled.

• February 2022 – “Should be by the end of March. There have been unforeseen complications, as there always tend to be, unfortunately.”
  • March 2022 – “Hopefully will be this month still. If not, should be very early next month.”

If I had a dollar for every time it was pushed back, I'd be rich.

• Administrator
On 3/30/2022 at 12:32 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

New website just for trading cards?! How exciting.... Guess that's what Paul was talking about... zzzz

Actually, he said exciting things.  Plenty more to come very soon.  

On 3/29/2022 at 5:56 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

See everyone at the end of April. CGC still needs time to push out more 10s to even out the pop report so people don't have a heart attack.

dude i said the same thing to someone the other day! been seeing way more cgc 10's out there 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:40 AM, PaulS. said:

I know of no plans to this effect. I was referring to some other exciting things.

Thanks,

Paul

Okay so rather than go the CSG route and explicitly overhaul their grading scale, CGC appears to be actually using their existing grading scale like they should have been from the beginning, and are giving out much more 10’s right now. 

I’m seeing a ton of vintage english CGC 10 cards on EBay with the new gradient label, meaning they were graded recently, which supports the theory. It’s a smart play by CGC to give people what they are want (10’s) but this should have been done a year ago, better late than never I suppose. Better late than never to actually use the two 10’s on your grading scale rather than cap most cards at a 9.5. Makes sense to actually use the scale CGC themselves invented…. 

Wonder how many of my 9.5’s would get 10’s now. Hmm.