• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay stores disorganization

32 posts in this topic

i've stocked my store inventory in drips and drabs.

i'll list 10 issues of ASM or Avengers at one time, in issue order, then list something else, etc.

So, when one goes through my store, they're only in order in groups. I suppose this could make it harder for someone to hunt particular issues down if they don't do searches.

Aside from listing by price or when it is going to end, is there a way to get store stock in order?

in an ideal world one would list all their issues of any given title they want to sell at once

I, of course, kept on finding little mini-runs of various titles scattered all about my various disorganized boxes. just when i thought i was done listing avengers I'd find 5 more tucked away somewhere.

things have been slow, not that i find that surprising with august being generally slow and a national disaster last week. the way stores are set up, you really do need to have fairly uncommon stuff up or a lot of good auctions that bring people in.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lorilahnd

10% off to forum members, although i'd prefer to do it off ebay to avoid their fees....

Now now, that is against the rules (snicker)

By the way, me too, that is the best way to sell!!

I have mine in folders by likenesses.

BTW, mine is http://stores.ebay.com/what-a-comic-collectible-store

Just to get it out there.

i've been thinking of breaking it down by silver, bronze, etc., but, otoh, people will just look in those categories they're mainly interested in and will ignore other stuff and the whole idea is to get people looking, and maybe buying, stuff that they may not be specifically looking for

Ebay stores are pretty good way if you are in no rush to sell things at a set price.

I break it down in catagories.

Raw and Slabbed:

Bronze, Silver, Golden, Modern , Original Art and Misc.

Its simple and every once in a while they move out, I try to add/have about 100 items or so all the time.

Ebay stores are pretty good way if you are in no rush to sell things at a set price.

Raw and Slabbed:

Its simple and every once in a while they move out, I try to add/have about 100 items or so all the time.

So are people with eBay stores making any money? Is it worth it based on eBay fees and the work involved in scanning /listing/etc?

Jim

I do alright, some months are better than others.

Its .2 cents per listing and if it doesnt sell it renews for another .2c the following month and so on till it sells or you pull it.

Whats strange is, sometimes when a book in regular auction doesnt sell, I just upload to the store and it sells for more foreheadslap.gif

So it is only .02 cents to list? What about picture costs? I also read the FVF is higher, should that be reflected in the price (I'm guessing yes!)?

You all have nice "Virtual Stores" thumbsup2.gif When I get mine up some time next week I'll drop by with a link. I'm going to try a store as my auctions haven't been doing too well! I will still run a few auctions a week to get traffic in the store.

All the best and good luck smile.gif

John

Raw and Slabbed:

So are people with eBay stores making any money? Is it worth it based on eBay fees and the work involved in scanning /listing/etc?

Jim

I like my store (Link in my signature wink.gif). Things move, but obviously slower than an auction. But, you'll pretty much get the price you want for the book.

Basic eBay store fees:

$15 a month for the store

$.02 to list an item per month

$.01 for gallery per month, per item

FVF 15% of the end price.

So, the prices are higher on the back end, but cheaper on the front end. I've done the math, and for items less than $5, it's actually cheaper to sell them through the eBay store.

Personally, I break the categories down by Publisher (DC, Marvel, Other) and age (Gold, Silver, Bronze, Modern). You get 20 categories, and can rename them if you want.

Nice structure 893applaud-thumb.gif

So what kind of shipping fees do you charge on a book that's say $3? And how do you safely ship something like that for a cost effective price?

15% WOW! higher than I read! But as you said the listing fees are cheap. Is there a limit on the ammount of products you can list? I use photobucket, I am not sure how many images I can have going at once (free account). Is it wise to have a picture for every book (I assume yes)? Is there a way to track how much traffic is going to the store?

Thanks for all of the input!

hail.gif

JG

For raw books, I charge $3 for US, $4 for Canada, and $8 for international shipping. Combined shipping for multiple purchases. The cost is usually pretty close; I use thick cardboard to sandwich the comic, and cut the cardboard so that there's a little room on all sides to protect the book.

I also try to be realistic about my prices, so will often list stuff at 20-50% off Overstreet, and I also accept Best Offers when they're close, depending on the book.