• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay stores disorganization

32 posts in this topic

Sorry, I think you guys are right and it's 8%.

Only 8% of the first $25. After that it's 5%.

So on a hypothetical $100 comic, the percentage fee is........ 5.75%.

On a hypothetical $500 comic, the percentage fee is............ 5.15%.

Significantly cheaper than consigning it on ComicLink or Heritage.

I just launched my eBay store last weekend (*cough* shill *cough*), and four of my five items are already sold!

yay.gif

Working on scanning my next batch of CGC comics.

I just launched my eBay store last weekend (*cough* shill *cough*), and four of my five items are already sold!

yay.gif

Working on scanning my next batch of CGC comics.

Good show! Glad to see books are being sold! I was begining to think I would be doomed frustrated.gif

What do you guys think about a .75 cent "virtual bin"? Is it worth it? Would there need to be a clause that a certain amount need to purchased to qualify? Just wondering as I have a tonne of Mods that need to go...

For raw books, I charge $3 for US, $4 for Canada, and $8 for international shipping. Combined shipping for multiple purchases. The cost is usually pretty close; I use thick cardboard to sandwich the comic, and cut the cardboard so that there's a little room on all sides to protect the book.

I also try to be realistic about my prices, so will often list stuff at 20-50% off Overstreet, and I also accept Best Offers when they're close, depending on the book.

Question:

How do you ship books for so low? I just drove across the border to ship with USPS and used one of their "Priority" boxes for a low value book. It cost me $7.50, with Confirmation and $35ins. I think it was $5.75 before the add-ons. I want to ensure that the people who I do sell to receive their book in the condition I sent it out in.

I see these auctions for $3 shipping and wonder if the seller is losing money, or I wonder how the heck it is done! Are the books shipped in Jiffy envelopes or boxes???

Any help would be welcomed grin.gif

Thanks!

John