• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

718 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 4:50 PM, AJLewandoski said:

When they brought him back during secret wars a couple years ago he was a bag of crystal dust...

For those that don't believe Karma has a sense of humor, these were in a collection I bought this past weekend.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Crystar - 1.jpg

Crystar - 2.jpg

Man I remember seeing a 9.0 I thought of this book for $125 at the LCS,  but I wasnt sur either was 1st space usagi yet. Lol whoops.

This is a nice copy 1 tick maybe 2

The bottle, left has a crunch but not sure if I'll press or not.

138453528_TMNT471stspaceusagi.thumb.jpg.d0bde469144cad82d3342605c9acbcce.jpg

On 7/26/2021 at 6:58 PM, johnenock said:

Got a bunch of early copper/late bronze books today. Super-sweet unread white paged beauties:

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

A nice looking Doorway to Nightmare 5 is hard to come by.  I've searched for a while now and that one never seems to come up as much as the others.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:57 AM, Von Cichlid said:

A nice looking Doorway to Nightmare 5 is hard to come by.  I've searched for a while now and that one never seems to come up as much as the others.

Let me look through a few boxes. I might have a few I would be willing to part with.

Hey guys scored some major keys at a garage sale today!!!

Just kidding. :nyah: My wife gave me an eBay gift card for my birthday and I blew it on a few books I was missing. 

Starting from the bottom. I watched a flipper/spec YouTube video which referenced this book when mocking insignificant first appearances. I had a few bucks left on the gift card so I searched for the cheapest Copper age X-men book missing from my collection. The result was:

220273595_UncannyX-men179Cover.thumb.jpg.aa5aee562a4620cdcf4074dccf03e87b.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #179 (1983) – First appearance of Leech

Next is the first ongoing issue of one of the best comic book space operas ever and the first comic in Marvel’s Epic line. I had issues #2-6.

289927719_Dreadstar1EpicCover.thumb.jpg.0e92b9938968c904589ce18948819e7f.jpg

Dreadstar #1 (1983) Marvel/Epic

I think there’s a good chance this next character will get a movie or TV show one day. One of the most famous indie characters of all time. Once again, I already had issue #2 onwards…

1893329048_Grendel1Vol2ComicCover.thumb.jpg.b10d1082101263378a63cee0f19cb25a.jpg

Grendel #1 (1986) Vol 2 Comico - first appearance of Christine Spar - the second Grendel. Given the push for female led entertainment these days it’s the iteration most likely to be brought to the screen.

Finally, this one’s actually a fairly hot key even though it boasts one of the worst covers ever which is why I didn’t buy it as a kid. I spent most of the gift card on this one…

1416015968_UncannyX-men244Cover.thumb.jpg.d04fff2f2b326ed492fe1268cd5a2596.jpg

Uncanny X-men #244 (1989) – First appearance of Jubilee. A character who will probably be featured in the Disney Marvel X-men films & TVs shows coming up.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, Mutie Fan said:

I love that book. Transformers #1 was the very first back issue I bought. I was shocked such a thing as back issues even existed when I first walked into a comic shop in third grade. I still have that first copy. 

I can definitely appreciate the book :)

I was born 1981, so it may sound finicky but I didnt really watch the cartoon. I was more the TMNT, so I grew on the cusp of video games rather than action figures as well. I remember seeing friends toys and thinking, "wow I love it how come I dont own any of it!" 

My parents were more one big cost items for Christmas like the NES or gameboy, but frowned on a whole bunch of smaller gifts like figures.

I mentioned the figures, cause if I was way into transformers that's what I'd collect, thought they were super cool. 

And lol I could never transformer friends toys and I like a challenge ha

On 8/7/2021 at 7:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can definitely appreciate the book :)

I was born 1981, so it may sound finicky but I didnt really watch the cartoon. I was more the TMNT, so I grew on the cusp of video games rather than action figures as well. I remember seeing friends toys and thinking, "wow I love it how come I dont own any of it!" 

My parents were more one big cost items for Christmas like the NES or gameboy, but frowned on a whole bunch of smaller gifts like figures.

I mentioned the figures, cause if I was way into transformers that's what I'd collect, thought they were super cool. 

And lol I could never transformer friends toys and I like a challenge ha

:preach:i can relate to that,being born in 88 ,i had used video games from intellwvision and nes,flea market was where my parent parent these.then first brand new console i ever had was ps1 and back then i could have 4 to five game a year max so i chose the rpg type cause they lasted longer to go trought,toy i had more frequently marvel was the best plus tmnt!first time i bought a serious comics was a cgc daredevil 181 9.4.you are right some of our toys and games influanced our choice when starting to collect!(thumbsu

On 8/7/2021 at 7:13 PM, Namtak said:

:preach:i can relate to that,being born in 88 ,i had used video games from intellwvision and nes,flea market was where my parent parent these.then first brand new console i ever had was ps1 and back then i could have 4 to five game a year max so i chose the rpg type cause they lasted longer to go trought,toy i had more frequently marvel was the best plus tmnt!first time i bought a serious comics was a cgc daredevil 181 9.4.you are right some of our toys and games influanced our choice when starting to collect!(thumbsu

And yeah got a few tmnt sealed too.turtle power!

20210807_191434.jpg

20210116_175618.jpg

20210116_175632.jpg

20210116_175640.jpg

20210116_175652.jpg

20210116_175659.jpg