• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

723 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2021 at 6:13 PM, Namtak said:

:preach:i can relate to that,being born in 88 ,i had used video games from intellwvision and nes,flea market was where my parent parent these.then first brand new console i ever had was ps1 and back then i could have 4 to five game a year max so i chose the rpg type cause they lasted longer to go trought,toy i had more frequently marvel was the best plus tmnt!first time i bought a serious comics was a cgc daredevil 181 9.4.you are right some of our toys and games influanced our choice when starting to collect!(thumbsu

Yes my brother was born in 1987, so he is more power rangers or pokemon to yugioh lol

His first own system we didnt share was ps1, I was then getting out of that and turn to more social things. Even then the only constant was comics! My brother never collected them, but even now when he sees some stuff, he says ah that's cool. Back a couple of years ago he tried this hand on the walking dead reprints, but if it's not cards, games, or statues then he only dabbles.

I can only imagine what people born early this century will find for nostalgia......

I'm hoping it is still finite and something tangible to hold or sort through. Because all this internet based fun: streaming, online multiplayer, or digitized comics, imo, seems more temporary than even a 32 page comic lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Its worth noting that I meant temporary as in not too much a collectables type thing.

Video games are as fun as they've ever been and other areas as well.

Games starting out collectable would still be sealed. Some can still read a comic and have it come back a 9.8.

Just food for thought

On 8/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Its worth noting that I meant temporary as in not too much a collectables type thing.

Video games are as fun as they've ever been and other areas as well.

Games starting out collectable would still be sealed. Some can still read a comic and have it come back a 9.8.

Just food for thought

Theres polybagged comics food for tought!

20210807_193754.jpg

On 8/7/2021 at 6:38 PM, Namtak said:

Theres polybagged comics food for tought!

20210807_193754.jpg

True enough! :tink:

I'm not knocking anything, I know there was a guy at my gamestop that would buy 2 of everything, one to play and one for grading haha

On 9/8/2021 at 10:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

2021_09_07 6_29 PM Office Lens (2).jpg

2021_09_07 6_30 PM Office Lens.jpg

2021_09_07 6_26 PM Office Lens.jpg

2021_09_07 6_27 PM Office Lens.jpg

2 awesome copper keys there! Congrats. I'm waiting to receive a raw Omega Men #3 myself. I'm mainly a marvel fan, but when it comes to DC I realized that Lobo is my 3rd favourite character (after Batman & Alan Moore's Swamp Thing). I own his first 3 mini series so I thought it would be cool to own his first appearance too :)

On 9/7/2021 at 11:51 PM, MattrixAlien said:

2 awesome copper keys there! Congrats. I'm waiting to receive a raw Omega Men #3 myself. I'm mainly a marvel fan, but when it comes to DC I realized that Lobo is my 3rd favourite character (after Batman & Alan Moore's Swamp Thing). I own his first 3 mini series so I thought it would be cool to own his first appearance too :)

Definitely! Even growing up reading it, I didn't know read much  about him, but when I did it was fights and more straight to the point kind of reading that I liked lol

My poor attention span.

Mini series would be cool, I found some $1 omega men #6's & #10's a couple of years ago that are Lobos cameos after his first app in #3, and it wasn't enough.

I'm surprised I waited so long to get the 1st app too.

On 9/11/2021 at 2:02 PM, jimjum12 said:

:cloud9: @fastballspecial

So pretty I'm afraid to take it out of the bag ....

GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

reeQ0gr.jpg

That is a beautiful cover that I've never seen.

P. Craig is a beast. 

I love the yellow.

Patrick 

On 9/11/2021 at 10:47 PM, followtheleader said:

That is a beautiful cover that I've never seen.

P. Craig is a beast. 

I love the yellow.

Patrick 

I believe I first saw it in a Rich Henn thread in a SS slab.... by the time I decided to bite, someone else already had. I figured I'd add it to my mental list of CA books to look for... you know, like the final GI Joe issues and stuff like that. I was surprised by how many dealers just didn't have that one, or it was too roughed up. .....  I totally :cloud9: :cloud9::cloud9: P Craig Russell, ever since "The Dreaming City" graphic novel. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

My Omega Men #3 first appearance of Lobo arrived! 

1196068245_OmegaMen3FrontCover.thumb.jpg.6e52a0f8569250abadf7d2a1cfc804b3.jpg

Just for fun I'm including my existing copy of Lobo #1 I've had since I was a kid. It was Bisley's intense art that drew me in initially, but then I got hooked on the galactic black comedy and over the top violence of this bounty hunting anti hero. (One of the annoying things about being Australian collector is that news stands used to write AUD prices on the covers..)

273217040_Lobo1FrontCover.thumb.jpg.1f8d3913b7b466fa116c0bc7c7000061.jpg