• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

720 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 8:33 PM, followtheleader said:

His robot named Skeets.  

Not what you are thinking Mr Bam Bam B'bam.

Patrick

I tried Google, so dont do that either hahaha

But I only know booster gold from the death of superman novel, that I havent fully read since 2 summers ago.

So now that you mention it, the robot does ring a bell. I would assume it's a first, maybe not noted on a label until further relevance to the character comes along idk

I'll try to give it a read. :) edit @followtheleader I had no idea that was on the cgc label so thank you for letting me know! I stand corrected  ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Wow I learned something now I'm excited! Hopefully it has origin as apart of the issue!

The most I know of booster gold and skeets, is the acronym company that sent him to help superman vs doomsday.

Even reading as a kid the acronym company was up to some shady business themselves lol

That's all I can scrape from memory DC was tough with the acronym company names, that novel as a teenager was hard to comprehend due to it  :sorry:

On 10/15/2021 at 12:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It arrived! Congrats! ^^ 

lol!! it did!! :)

I can't tell you (I can tell you, but I had to look it up) how long I've actually been looking for a SS 9.8 in the MCP72.

EDIT: It's actually been 2 years.

I was looking for a BWS signed copy but none had come up for sale.

There is a 9.8 signed Stan Lee on ebay now, and I reached out to the seller easily half a year ago but seem to be pretty firm on price? 
So I knew I'd just have to patiently wait for one to come up.

It's no BWS, but it's a very happy alternative for me.

Edited by D2

On 10/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, D2 said:

lol!! it did!! :)

I can't tell you how long I've actually been looking for a SS 9.8 in the MCP72. It's actually been 2 years.

I was looking for a BWS signed copy but none had come up for sale.

There is a 9.8 signed Stan Lee on ebay now, and I reached out to the seller easily half a year ago but seem to be pretty firm on price? 
So I knew I'd just have to patiently wait for one to come up.

It's no BWS, but it's a very happy alternative for me.

Patience is a virtue and has a perfect work. Man, but :tonofbricks: those what ifs and if evers lol

Glad it worked out!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Patience is a virtue and has a perfect work. Man, but :tonofbricks: those what ifs and if evers lol

Glad it worked out!

That was the thing.

I wasn't sure if one was ever going to come up. You just never know!

You think... surely, eventually 1 that I want will come up, but it's not a guarantee.

There was a book I was looking for, for about 3 years, and 1 finally popped up, but it was the same thought. I think 1 will come up for sale, but I'm really just hoping. And then if 1 does come up, are there a whole legion of people also waiting that will cause this bidding war, pricing the book I have literally been waiting years for, out of reach?