• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

720 posts in this topic

This book is surprisingly cheap considering it's the first appearance of a known, likeable supporting character in Marvel comics. Particularly these days when we see books with 1st apps of obscure characters blow up in price. I've watched comic book YouTuber's talking about buying books based on "deep spec", predicting a character might appear in an MCU film. The X-men are definitely coming and cute animal companions are obligatory in Disney productions xD But I bought this book because I loved Excalibur as a kid and it features an affordable first appearance of one of it's founding members, and fills a gap in my Uncanny X-men run. Uncanny X-men 166...

1269584152_UXM166Cover.thumb.jpg.49558aadcb614ff3cda3a70695f6709d.jpg

1418588595_UXM166PagesLockheed.thumb.jpg.b2bcf3de0acbd8660318bfc87ca29f77.jpg

977308058_UXM166Lockheed1stPanel.thumb.jpg.1de266e9e972b5d1eb2eee3bc0ecd18f.jpg

...the first appearance of Kitty's companion Lockheed the dragon! I enjoyed reading it too. The page above features his very first panel appearance :nyah:

Edited by MattrixAlien

On 7/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, MattrixAlien said:

This book is surprisingly cheap considering it's the first appearance of a known, likeable supporting character in Marvel comics. Particularly these days when we see books with 1st apps of obscure characters blow up in price. I've watched comic book YouTuber's talking about buying books based on "deep spec", predicting a character might appear in an MCU film. The X-men are definitely coming and cute animal companions are obligatory in Disney productions xD But I bought this book because I loved Excalibur as a kid and it features an affordable first appearance of one of it's founding members, and fills a gap in my Uncanny X-men run. Uncanny X-men 166...

1269584152_UXM166Cover.thumb.jpg.49558aadcb614ff3cda3a70695f6709d.jpg

1418588595_UXM166PagesLockheed.thumb.jpg.b2bcf3de0acbd8660318bfc87ca29f77.jpg

977308058_UXM166Lockheed1stPanel.thumb.jpg.1de266e9e972b5d1eb2eee3bc0ecd18f.jpg

...the first appearance of Kitty's companion Lockheed the dragon! I enjoyed reading it too. The page above features his very first panel appearance :nyah:

cgc2.jpg

cgc2b.jpg

On 7/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, ganni said:

cgc2.jpg

cgc2b.jpg

Thanks for that. I had a couple of board members jump on me for posting a 1983 X-men in the Bronze X-men thread recently... So I posted this one here. It's really a controversial limbo period. I might borrow this screen shot and repost it over in that forum xD

Edited by MattrixAlien

On 7/27/2022 at 6:23 AM, MattrixAlien said:

Thanks for that. I had a couple of board members jump on me for posting a 1983 X-men in the Bronze X-men thread recently... So I posted this one here. It's really a controversial limbo period. I might borrow this screen shot and repost it over in that forum xD

cgcc.jpg

On 7/26/2022 at 5:23 PM, MattrixAlien said:

I was there for that, it's worth noting that the glossary as recently as 2 months ago separated the ages with decades....

Just an fyi, so you dont come off as arrogant without knowing if you do post the screenshot, and I agree you should. It'S silly to quibble over a couple of years difference. I agree that some might be more passionate but try not to take it too seriously.

I understand that it seems obtrusive and it is, but try not to take it personal :cheers:

Lord willing someday big picture things will be more tolerable. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/27/2022 at 10:07 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was there for that, it's worth noting that the glossary as recently as 2 months ago separated the ages with decades....

Just an fyi, so you dont come off as arrogant without knowing if you do post the screenshot, and I agree you should. It'S silly to quibble over a couple of years difference. I agree that some might be more passionate but try not to take it too seriously.

I understand that it seems obtrusive and it is, but try not to take it personal :cheers:

Lord willing someday big picture things will be more tolerable. 

To be safe I might post any thing about early 80s books in the general forum in future :bigsmile:

On 7/26/2022 at 7:17 PM, MattrixAlien said:

To be safe I might post any thing about early 80s books in the general forum in future :bigsmile:

lol I feel you, I'd be in the same boat, but I might try other forums and ignore the rigmarole, I agree it take the fun out of just posting books.

Then on top of the glossary, way back yonder in time when I joined, there used to be a thread in each of the "age forums" with at least an outline of years or a description of what the separate forums consisted of :tonofbricks: 

lol so for those who have been here longer, who should be more patient, but doesn't always happen :roflmao: 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, ganni said:

Let the good times roll !:acclaim:

Lockheed 1st appearance? bronze? Copper? new?

x153c.thumb.jpg.fdbcbddb86a5719f7fee7c70abe9ba69.jpg

Interesting! Kitty tells a fairy tale in Uncanny X-men 153 about a dragon called Lockheed which is portrayed in that issue. Then when she meets a dragon like creature in 'real life' so to speak in 166 she names him after this fictional character and goes on to be her companion and ongoing X-men & Excalibur character.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, ganni said:

And the hobgoblin 1st true cameo /appearance ???  New ?

asm237a.thumb.jpg.09bec941659aadf78a24fb7f6710c2b7.jpg

asm237e.thumb.jpg.7e22e2d200f3d663209d43deb01a4532.jpg

No that would be an ad, could be desirable but dont go wild with it lol

I graded invincible #43 for the same reason, but no it's not canon, cause it's not apart of the story, same with cable. Neat and for certain characters of importance in older ancient issues may be considered popular but not an "appearance" per se.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/27/2022 at 9:39 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

No that would be an ad, could be desirable but dont go wild with it lol

I graded invincible #43 for the same reason, but no it's not canon, cause it's not apart of the story, same with cable. Neat and for certain characters of importance in older ancient issues may be considered popular but not an "appearance" per se.

Ahhh, the old limbo rock CGC broncopper no tattooz insert rules strikes again !!!!! :ohnoez:

On 7/26/2022 at 9:08 PM, ganni said:

Ahhh, the old limbo rock CGC broncopper no tattooz insert rules strikes again !!!!! :ohnoez:

No harm no foul in my book, yet it is I suppose correct publishing terms, I'm not as familiar with the tattooz, that can be its own hassle.

Less grumpy we are about it, the less it'll irritate, seems everyone has their own idea; although there would be traditional views. Nothing wrong with wanting more out of something, simply my view point  :)