• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

723 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2023 at 9:39 AM, Parabellum said:

ECCB039A-9BED-4524-9FCA-2E4FA2144520.jpeg

I dont know why but I'm starting to like this cover more than the first issue, and this might be the coolest CGC signature series example I have seen. You got Beatty, Zeck, remark and the 9.8! Dont see that every day. Beautiful book! 

On 5/15/2023 at 4:00 AM, eastbayrudy said:

I dont know why but I'm starting to like this cover more than the first issue, and this might be the coolest CGC signature series example I have seen. You got Beatty, Zeck, remark and the 9.8! Dont see that every day. Beautiful book! 

Thank you!

This is my favorite cover of the series.  When I saw this book on eBay I had to win, hahaha.

On 6/6/2023 at 6:27 PM, Microchip said:

Just seen the sale on the bay, great buying price! :golfclap:

This is actually a bit of a story.  So when initially saw the book for sale I messaged the seller and asked if they would go $1500.  By the time he changed the price and I jumped on to buy it (maybe 30 seconds) it sold.  I was not happy.  That night I messaged the seller and he told me that the owner misunderstood the offer and thought it was for another book and had the money refunded.  I waited for the book to pop back up and it didn’t (over a period of two weeks).  I messaged the seller and asked if he could pass my contact info to the owner and he did.  We did a private sale through PayPal, I paid $2500.  

I honestly think it’s a fair price considering there are only two recorded 9.8 CPV’s on the census with no Yellow labels.  The fact that it is a CPV has clearly been over looked and it doesn’t reflect on the census.  But I’m willing to guess that it might one of a small few if not the only 9.8 CPV in SS.