• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

723 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I sounds like you and I might get in a bidding war for a 9.8 of this one too.

Comics Journal #107.jpg

lol no no, a bit out of my zone, but I can see why someone would want to collect (thumbsu 

I was unaware that CGC graded some tpb, I have the death of superman one, and I see some slab copies of it, I'll have to check into it ha

I remember being at the local target as a kid, and debating with my mother whether or not to get it :) 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol no no, a bit out of my zone, but I can see why someone would want to collect (thumbsu 

I was unaware that CGC graded some tpb, I have the death of superman one, and I see some slab copies of it, I'll have to check into it ha

I remember being at the local target as a kid, and debating with my mother whether or not to get it :) 

Hey if you want to see a cool graded 9.8 TPB there’s someone who has the Wolverine miniseries one in their competitive set.  I’m so jealous of whoever that is.  I love the Frank Miller ninja cover

6 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Hey if you want to see a cool graded 9.8 TPB there’s someone who has the Wolverine miniseries one in their competitive set.  I’m so jealous of whoever that is.  I love the Frank Miller ninja cover

are you talking about the wolverine saga?

I "know about it" but am unfamiliar with what "it is" lol

only that it came out later than 1982 etc, there is a copy at the used bookstore, idk maybe I should look into that :) 

lol ya

and if you mean the tpb of the miller run with the white cover, I bought that instead of a 1st print #1 as a child from a used bookstore, against my cousins advising :( 

but still ended up losing it when we moved in the 90's , but I agree that cover is epic :sumo: 

I just went back to look at it.  It’s frostking70’s. I forgot it’s signed by the Man.  Sweet

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

are you talking about the wolverine saga?

I "know about it" but am unfamiliar with what "it is" lol

only that it came out later than 1982 etc, there is a copy at the used bookstore, idk maybe I should look into that :) 

C698138E-7C32-4AD6-B732-89CAA7F42624.png

26D777E2-DD1B-44AD-A37F-A2AF9B75CB7A.png

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol ya

and if you mean the tpb of the miller run with the white cover, I bought that instead of a 1st print #1 as a child from a used bookstore, against my cousins advising :( 

but still ended up losing it when we moved in the 90's , but I agree that cover is epic :sumo: 

oh no sad face lol

I got to read the whole story as a kid :banana: that was my argument over just the reg #1, so good times :tink: @Jasonmorris1000000 

Ok this week was mixed feelings.  I know their TAT have grown , but this was the worst packing I have seen from CGC. Two of my seven book submission came with damaged/ cracked cases. :facepalm: Plus it had been awhile since I have submitted a book for the extra large cases and doesn't seem as those got the same upgrade the other cases in their line did. ( Man they are ugly) They also did not make any note that the retailer and customer copy of the raffle editions have different interior covers for issue #1 .

It is not all bad as I am happy to have them back (submitted them in October. ) I also thought the grades were pretty close to what i had them at myself.  So here they are.20210303_180434.thumb.jpg.a79979992d3d761ad89bf57dc4f9bfab.jpg20210303_180132.thumb.jpg.9139a0ee18ee7434d94a778c884729ad.jpg20210303_180248.thumb.jpg.591a1b3c4a4fd139f63bc598f47ae5f8.jpg20210303_180345.thumb.jpg.26743bc8e759e6ca888bb7440af1e8b8.jpg

1 minute ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’m also not a fan of using a magazine sized case for TPB’s.  Too much open space 

I definitely agree. The other TPB I submitted all came in the other cases and I still have several of each of them and next to each other they are almost identical thickness.  It just doesn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I definitely agree. The other TPB I submitted all came in the other cases and I still have several of each of them and next to each other they are almost identical thickness.  It just doesn't make sense. 

I had to come back lol

I mentioned I may own the death nn, but if it is in a mag case...

Did you have to submit under the mag tier to get the drop down to pick the tpb?

Did you have to pay mag prices?

If not that IS surprising the case that they came in so idk

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had to come back lol

I mentioned I may own the death nn, but if it is in a mag case...

Did you have to submit under the mag tier to get the drop down to pick the tpb?

Did you have to pay mag prices?

If not that IS surprising the case that they came in so idk

The only ones in that Mag case are the Raffle Editions. Although all of them were not submitted as magazines.  They are listed as comics and also all able to be subbed as modern. (thumbsu

31 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I submitted this as a Modern Comic and was charged as such.  Which was nice, but the case doesn’t match my others

61D2C0D7-93D7-47E7-8355-34AF9B9DB929.jpeg

Looks like a magazine case @onlyweaknesskryptonite just got tpb back like that, y'all are not alone. Odd that neither were submitted as a magazine bug slabbed as one :( that must be unexpected