[CLOSED] Shoomanfoo Nomiated to the Hall of Shame - Private Poll Included
6 6

Should Shoomanfoo be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

160 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Shoomanfoo be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

    • Yes
      159
    • No
      1

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/25/2020 at 10:30 PM

104 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

You would never make it onto a jury panel since you're not voting based on facts, you're voting based on beliefs.  It is what it is and I accept your position, but the system is intended to be unbiased and built on facts.  In a court process you have a "trial" and then a "sentencing" process.  First comes the determination of guilt.  Then comes the determination of punishment.  By voting with "hope" in your heart, you are effectively jumping to sentencing without taking a firm stance on whether the accused is indeed guilty of his/her actions.

i think you may have misinterpreted  my position, but that is ok. the point of a jury panel is not "voting based on facts". it is indeed based on the prospective juror belief. you need not accept my position.

the hope is not in my heart. it is in my brain.

you quoted my earlier comment. does it not clearly state my position based on the facts presented in the thread? 

i think you may not quite understand my position concerning peer voting and the philosophy of hope.

i have a personal solution, and that is i will refrain from any actual vote in similar situations, and reserve the member prerogative of offering my opinion.

this should satisfy any objections to my "voting" with explanation.

a slight difference with your opinion of time table.....a yes vote in the poll is indeed guilt and punishment determination simultaneously.

would any voting peers have considered pl in lieu of hos if given the choice? i do not know. however, the choice was not given. it is finite- a yes vote = hos. that is guilt and punishment simultaneously. 

Edited by wilbil
to be clear, in the first sentence should read jury panel selection, as i earlier stated
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

You voted “no”.  We get it .(shrug)

apparently not all "get it".  if members/peer voters question my vote and the explanation, i will of course answer as best and as openly and as truthfully as i can.

 is this offensive to you personally? that seems like an odd objection, but i understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wilbil said:

apparently not all "get it".  if members/peer voters question my vote and the explanation, i will of course answer as best and as openly and as truthfully as i can.

 is this offensive to you personally? that seems like an odd objection, but i understand.

Why the need to even point out that you’re the 1 “no” vote?   I’m not offended.  Just curious why you felt the need to disclose and explain it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why the need to even point out that you’re the 1 “no” vote?   I’m not offended.  Just curious why you felt the need to disclose and explain it?

i have explained why, and answered all questions asking why. 

i did not ask the questions. other members asked the questions or commented and i replied, as i should.

i understand you may not agree.

your post gave me an impression that maybe you were offended. i appreciate that you are not.

i have stated my personal solution in future voting matters concerning pl and hos nominations. i will not vote, but reserve a member prerogative of stating an opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, wilbil said:

i still cry watching boys town. hope. 

Didn’t watch that one. However, I did cry from the movie Dog’s Journey to Home (if I remember the title properly).

Hope is a good thing if one is willing to take a step forward on that. However, for the Shoo guy... since he knew what he did on purpose when he took out the book. That wasn’t by mistake or accident... that was on pure intended in his mind. With this fact, I doubt he will take your “offer” for what it is.

Sorry, but facts are facts as simple that. We have seen photos and details open upfront.

I do appreciate your well meaning ...but... I think is little too late anyway. Hope is only workable when a person is willing on his/her will to take it and step forward. It’s called faith of hope. They go hand in hand. Believe me, I have tried helped some people in the past. Some had success, some don’t.

Here? NO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wilbil said:

i will share that one item was on my mind that i did not mention.....the issue of the weight. it gave me pause, having some knowledge of the accuracy (or lack thereof)  of scales in general, especially at the usps counter. so, had i been inclined to vote yes....in principle......i would have wanted a complete independent 3rd. party review. that was not necessary in this instance, because it was overwhelmingly clear the majority vote was cast for elevation to hos. as such, it was important to me, and only me on a personal level, to alert the guilty party that there is always hope, and maybe start a chain of thought by him for correcting any wrongs against the community and maybe some day, returning from the dead. in other words, hope. every human deserves hope. 

I don't have a lot of time right now and about ten minutes at most before I am on another call.  

Myself and another board member verified the weights of what a type 2 slab weighs in a 1092/1095 box.  I can tell you from selling them that it weighs in with basic bubble at 1lb 15oz to 2lb 1oz.  I made mention of that in the thread.  Now when you speak of an independent 3rd party review, what exactly do you need?  Should I ask if a Florida boardie can go and ask the USPS to calibrate their scales?   Do you want to send someone here to my house to calibrate mine? If so, that is borderline insane which we clearly know you are not.  So at that point, I think you just like to bust chops for no other purpose than that is how you spend your time.  

You are welcome to do this yourself.  Buy a comic... something in the new holder and weigh it with some very basic bubble in a 1092/1095.  Weigh it and it should come in at around 2.0.  Wrap it well and put some packing peanuts on both ends and it comes to 2.1 and the USPS will let that 1oz slide most of the time if they know you. 

The guy did manual postage at the post office... he did not buy his postage online.  The Florida post office, that Jason Damato used, weighed his package in at 1.27 pounds which.  Catwomancomics used their scale and showed that the contents they received weighed the same.  Those contents were minus the comic. So even if the Florida scale was off and the book was in fact returned, and Catwomancomics made the whole thing up... the contents minus the comic would not have weighed the same as the Florida post office scale.  

Damato did not send the book.

Reply to your other message in a minute... I have a few more of those. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Didn’t watch that one. However, I did cry from the movie Dog’s Journey to Home (if I remember the title properly).

Hope is a good thing if one is willing to take a step forward on that. However, for the Shoo guy... since he knew what he did on purpose when he took out the book. That wasn’t by mistake or accident... that was on pure intended in his mind. With this fact, I doubt he will take your “offer” for what it is.

Sorry, but facts are facts as simple that. We have seen photos and details open upfront.

I do appreciate your well meaning ...but... I think is little too late anyway. Hope is only workable when a person is willing on his/her will to take it and step forward. It’s called faith of hope. They go hand in hand. Believe me, I have tried helped some people in the past. Some had success, some don’t.

Here? NO. 

i understand.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wilbil said:

would any voting peers have considered pl in lieu of hos if given the choice? i do not know. however, the choice was not given. it is finite- a yes vote = hos. that is guilt and punishment simultaneously. 

Forum rules have offered what constitutes an offense that is PL worthy and what is HOS worthy.  I suggest you read them to gain an understanding as to why HOS and PL.

The qualifications set up a specific example of selling a book and sending nothing of value in the package.  Because Damato did the reverse, and pulled a return, and did not ship anything of value, it is HOS worthy. 

 

G2G... 

I have to go listen to and attend a conference call with the coworkers about when to set up scheduled meetings.

That's right... a conference call for when to have a conference call. 

 

Yay..  

Edited by Buzzetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't have a lot of time right now and about ten minutes at most before I am on another call.  

Myself and another board member verified the weights of what a type 2 slab weighs in a 1092/1095 box.  I can tell you from selling them that it weighs in with basic bubble at 1lb 15oz to 2lb 1oz.  I made mention of that in the thread.  Now when you speak of an independent 3rd party review, what exactly do you need?  Should I ask if a Florida boardie can go and ask the USPS to calibrate their scales?   Do you want to send someone here to my house to calibrate mine? If so, that is borderline insane which we clearly know you are not.  So at that point, I think you just like to bust chops for no other purpose than that is how you spend your time.  

You are welcome to do this yourself.  Buy a comic... something in the new holder and weigh it with some very basic bubble in a 1092/1095.  Weigh it and it should come in at around 2.0.  Wrap it well and put some packing peanuts on both ends and it comes to 2.1 and the USPS will let that 1oz slide most of the time if they know you. 

The guy did manual postage at the post office... he did not buy his postage online.  The Florida post office, that Jason Damato used, weighed his package in at 1.27 pounds which.  Catwomancomics used their scale and showed that the contents they received weighed the same.  Those contents were minus the comic. So even if the Florida scale was off and the book was in fact returned, and Catwomancomics made the whole thing up... the contents minus the comic would not have weighed the same as the Florida post office scale.  

Damato did not send the book.

Reply to your other message in a minute... I have a few more of those. 

that is not the point or the position i take or espoused. i need nothing from you in the way of proof

you are just being andrew. i understand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Forum rules have bee structured about what constitutes an offense that PL worthy and what is HOS worthy.  I suggest you read them to gain an understanding as to why HOS and PL.

The qualifications set up a specific example of selling a book and sending nothing of value in the package.  Because Damato did the reverse and pulled a return and did not ship anything of value it is HOS worthy. 

 

G2G... 

I have to go listen to attend a conference call with the coworkers about when to set up scheduled meetings.

That's right... a conference call for when to have a conference call. 

 

Yay..  

thank you. i did read the rules. that is exactly why i stated my position to the member opining on jury selection, and guilt followed by sentencing.

no more or less. you do not have to prove the validity of the nomination selection process.

you have every right to interpret my posts as you interpret. that does not mean you are correct.

you do not understand my position. that is not any problem at all.

however, it is not necessary to misinterpret and modify what i state, in an attempt to negate my position. my position will not change. you certainly know this.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wilbil said:

that is not the point or the position i take or espoused. i need nothing from you in the way of proof

you are just being andrew. i understand. 

You are so bizarre "John" (since we are apparently on a first name basis) 

Like I said, I live in your head rent free.  Believe me when I say it is not intentional.  It's not healthy for you to be thinking of me constantly.  You are 71.    You should be enjoying your time instead of constantly thinking some guy from New York is trying to irk you or is ruining the world with what you believe to be 'cancel culture' which is a phrase that you seem to be fond of.  It's not healthy and perhaps it is something you need to sit back and think about as to why my mere existence seems to bother you so.   

Quote

.in principle......i would have wanted a complete independent 3rd. party review. that was not necessary in this instance, because it was overwhelmingly clear the majority vote was cast for elevation to hos

I responded to what you said, "in principle......i would have wanted a complete independent 3rd. party review." ... Those were your words. (shrug) You felt it was not necessary since it was "overwhelmingly clear the majority vote was cast for elevation to hos."

But in principle that is what you felt you need.  Well there you go, explained to you again. 

If I have misunderstood let me know.  I am waiting for someone to log on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You are so bizarre "John" (since we are apparently on a first name basis) 

Like I said, I live in your head rent free.  Believe me when I say it is not intentional.  It's not healthy for you to be thinking of me constantly.  You are 71.    You should be enjoying your time instead of constantly thinking some guy from New York is trying to irk you or is ruining the world with what you believe to be 'cancel culture' which is a phrase that you seem to be fond of.  It's not healthy and perhaps it is something you need to sit back and think about as to why my mere existence seems to bother you so.   

I responded to what you said, "in principle......i would have wanted a complete independent 3rd. party review." ... Those were your words. (shrug) You felt it was not necessary since it was "overwhelmingly clear the majority vote was cast for elevation to hos."

But in principle that is what you felt you need.  Well there you go, explained to you again. 

If I have misunderstood let me know.  I am waiting for someone to log on. 

 

thank you andrew. you are correct. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is losing focus.  @wilbil 

Take it to PM if you want.  I really don't care...

This is a no win situation with you based on what I am learning about you by noticing old threads in coins.  (I have a bunch of things that have been passed down the family from the late 1800's that might be worth grading and I have been trying to do some research.)

It reminds me of a story of something that happened to me when I was 20/21.   I was driving when this guy was driving erratically and weaving.  I honked my horn when he weaved into my lane and almost hit my car.  With that he sped in front of me and slammed on the brakes.  I came within inches of rear ending him.  Out of the car comes this old guy screaming who are you to honk me or something...  My windows were down and he slapped me in the face. 

Now the thought of grabbing him crossed my mind.  Then I realized, there was no win here.  I take a slap to the face and the guy goes on his way OR a 20 year old gets charged for beating up an old man.

I made my decision back then.  Nothing good will come from beating on an old man.

Be well John.  Try to enjoy your time a little more. 

Write me later if you want to talk.   I have paid work to attend to. 

 

Edited by Buzzetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I haven't voted yet. The last three pages of nonsense and autocontrarianism are making a compelling argument for voting "no". hm

Are you sure you have arrived at the correct polling station... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2020 at 5:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

So you did not vote by the presented evidence... you voted by hope.   It looks like he is the next member regardless. 

(shrug)

 

A Divas gonna be what a Divas gonna be. 

My only concern is if shoo is in a timeout and can't respond. Is there a  way to find out if he is suspended? Iv'e no idea how he can fix this, but everybody should get a chance to speak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, shadroch said:

A Divas gonna be what a Divas gonna be. 

My only concern is if shoo is in a timeout and can't respond. Is there a  way to find out if he is suspended? Iv'e no idea how he can fix this, but everybody should get a chance to speak.

Considering his past posting style, @Shoomanfoo  would have to do a complete 180.  I’m not sure if he has it in himself to do so.  That would mean he would have to actually care about members here,  which he clearly stated that he does not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shadroch said:

A Divas gonna be what a Divas gonna be. 

My only concern is if shoo is in a timeout and can't respond. Is there a  way to find out if he is suspended? Iv'e no idea how he can fix this, but everybody should get a chance to speak.

I had voiced the same and was told to write it up. 

I waited a week and I made this poll extend for a full week.  I will give it a day or two after that before I tag Crassus.   I had figured that he was sent on a small vacation after they pulled some of his posts asking everyone in a not so nice way if everyone faced cognitive disabilities. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
6 6