• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just found the very 1st comic I ever owned

29 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2020 at 6:31 PM, batman_fan said:

I was given a box of comics from my older brothers friend, Terry Disbrow

First book I pulled out was Daredevil 33.  I did some minor restorations (tape on spine)

daredevil33.jpg

On 11/1/2020 at 6:28 AM, 1950's war comics said:

CGC 0.5 

whoops ,.. i thought this was the "spare a grade" thread...

No way-- that is at minimum a 1.5 or 1.8 book-- without knowing the state of the back cover or contents (assuming complete, no cutouts and attached cover).

Someone else mentioned that owning that first book is a "never sell it" situation. I would argue that you can take fine scans of the book if it means that much and be ok letting someone else enjoy it if you have replaced it it with a nicer copy. Then again-- my super old and well loved comics did not have any direct connection to a loved one-- which might factor in.

Edited by 01TheDude

8 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

No way-- that is at minimum a 1.5 or 1.8 book-- without knowing the state of the back cover or contents (assuming complete, no cutouts and attached cover).

Someone else mentioned that owning that first book is a "never sell it" situation. I would argue that you can take fine scans of the book if it means that much and be ok letting someone else enjoy it if you have replaced it it with a nicer copy. Then again-- my super old and well loved comics did not have any direct connection to a loved one-- which might factor in.

The money I would get for the book wouldn’t be worth my time to advertise it much less pack it up and ship so it will stay in my box.