• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's ADDAMS FAMILY WEDNESDAY show from Tim Burton (TBD)
1 1

74 posts in this topic

In an interview with Collider, Ricci explains why she is returning to the Addams Family universe after nearly 30 years. She says that Wednesday Addams is "a huge part of [her] identity," and her personal history, which is why she could hardly pass up the opportunity to return. Read Ricci's full comment below:

“It's Tim Burton, I was so honored to be asked by him because he is just, you know, a genius. And then also to be a part to be asked to be a part of the new version of this thing that is a huge part of my identity and my history in my life. I mean, I know they didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts, but I was really touched by it, and I felt like it was very nice. And it's such a fun world, and my character is outrageous and fun and different than anything I've done, and it was really great. And I just had a really lovely experience on that with Jenna, who is amazing, and I think now people have a taste of her Wednesday, and it's gonna be fantastic."

Really looking forward to this one.  The look of Gomez has me a little concerned, but based on the original drawing I see where they are coming from.  I think the new Wednesday looks, good, and seems to have to attitude and mannerisms down in the trailer.  The overall look and feel seems right. Just wish Ricci was a little more high profile in this, but I guess we do not know her role yet.

I have already seen the 1st episode last month at a prescreen, it is very well done, but it didn't bite my nostalgia.

Still it was good, I'll definitely continue watching, but I forgot to see if this thread existed to review :) 

On 11/18/2022 at 8:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have already seen the 1st episode last month at a prescreen, it is very well done, but it didn't bite my nostalgia.

Still it was good, I'll definitely continue watching, but I forgot to see if this thread existed to review :) 

There are bumps in the night and a bunch of who dunnit vibe, but the Cello Solo is :headbang: 

spoiler

Spoiler

it doesn't make her feel better

This looks really good - surprised TBH.

I still can't un-see Christina Ricci from "Black Snake Moan"   :whatthe:  - hard to believe 16 yrs later she's playing a kid at 42 yrs of age!  lol

Talented actress - I could see her in the MCU somewhere TBH.

Looks good - thanks for the trailers as I hadn't heard of this before now. :foryou:

Early reviews seem fairly positive. They all say it is Wednesday's show, the remainder of the family is really just cameos (some extended), and are there for plot when needed.  Thing is her full time companion, so is always around.  The actress playing Wednesday is great.  It is a little teen drama at times. It is not full out Tim Burton, his fingerprints are there, but it not full weird Burton. 

I am looking forward to it.

I really enjoyed it, I never liked the actor that played gomez, so this was a nice reprieve, as he doesn't play a major role in the 1st episode.

It had a but of Harry Potter vibe in the setting of the show, but it is really well off for the plot and acting!

Just watched Ep 1. Will definitely continue through all 8. Overall it was good fun. They could have made Wednesday genuinely darker but still - Jenna Orftega does an excellent job playing off the vibes from both the series and the movies. Looking forward to the next ep - not sure wehter to bing or just do a couple a day. We shall see. 

On 11/24/2022 at 3:29 PM, PovertyRow said:

Just watched Ep 1. Will definitely continue through all 8. Overall it was good fun. They could have made Wednesday genuinely darker but still - Jenna Orftega does an excellent job playing off the vibes from both the series and the movies. Looking forward to the next ep - not sure wehter to bing or just do a couple a day. We shall see. 

On 11/24/2022 at 4:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

Just finished Episode 1 with the family. Really enjoyed this so far. Very much looking forward to see where this is going.

I new y'all would love it :) Brother was tired at Thanksgiving from binging all 8 episodes, I actually had to tell him not to spoil it, which is a rare occurrence!

3 episodes in: Enjoying Tim Burton's directing, spooky music and dark themes a la Sabrina, the Teen-age Witch tv. Surprised Christina Ricci plays a younger character. At least Ricci is not playing a teenager like she did in dramatic 'Yellowjackets' tv series.