• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's ADDAMS FAMILY WEDNESDAY show from Tim Burton (TBD)
1 1

74 posts in this topic

I don't have a TV plan and don't want one, but I saw the teaser for this and really wanted to see it. I found the blu-ray on Etsy last week and binged it over the past couple days. I really enjoyed it, and I must say Jenna Ortega is phenomenal. I assumed she was about 14 years old, but she's actually 20. She is beyond petite, but they make her look even smaller than she is. No help is needed in that regard when she's next to Gwendolyn Christie (Captain Phasma) because she is 6' 3", but she generally looks to be about 4' 6" and is actually 5' 1". I'm looking forward to more of this!

On 1/6/2023 at 12:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

Season Two announced

No Surprise, Netflix needed this series after a rocky year financially. Unfortunately for them, Amazon owns the rights, and wanted a larger cut of the profits, along with likely raises for the returning cast.  Thus your delay.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:33 PM, paullam15 said:

Such a fun show and I have never watched the original movies at all. Jenna Ortega knocked it out of the park with her performance as Wednesday. 

You really should watch Addams Family and Addams Family Values, both really funny.

I'd recommend watching the 1960's Addams Family TV show as well - I've noticed some episodes available on YouTube recently. I grew up watching reruns in the late 1960's / early 1970's; the movies prompted me to pick up the DVD set of the TV show, and I still really enjoy watching it.

Edited by mtracy64

On 12/9/2023 at 4:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

Screenshot_20231209-0404252.thumb.png.0f6409fb95914348dd2528cf4810a59a.png

Looking forward to it.  Also curious the effects on the stories that Ortega is pushing for the character to be closer to her roots in presentation.  Specifically, no love triangles, and caring how anyone perceives her.  My guess is she was brought up on Christina Ricci's version, and wants to be more like that.