• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Submission, Possible Bracket increase?

4 posts in this topic

I recently mailed in my first submission to CGC, however, I am worried, due to the market going crazy lately for some pokemon cards. Some of the cards I submitted were XY Evolutions Holo Charizards and their value on the day I mailed them was between $60-80, I believe. However, within a few days of me mailing them, they shot up in value, doubling I think at the very least, which would put them in a higher bracket. I sent cards in as I could finally afford the submission with the $150 credit in mind. Will my cards be bumped up a bracket, even though they were mailed before the value rose so suddenly and high?

Edited by DecryptCards

how do we truly know the value until it is graded and there is more comps to CGC ?  i sent in a couple hundred cards to CGC and honestly do not know what tier 

to use.  under $99  Under $499 under $1000 etc.   if the card gets a 7-8 its a $90 card.  if it grades 9 its a $250.  if it grades a 10 , a 1500 card,etc.  

what do we do ?

• Administrator

Dear alohaboyz,

The values should be something that you are going to feel comfortable with for insurance for while the cards are with us an shipping back to you.  Just a very good guess.

Thank you,

Lisa