• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's been your experience like with turnaround times for grading?
1 1

188 posts in this topic

I sent off my first ever submission of Pokemon cards to CGC last week and I'm excited to get them back. I personally decided to pay a little more and went with the standard tier in hopes of maybe getting them back before Black Friday. I know that the turnaround times are estimated, but I've heard people say that CGC is really good with their turnaround times and I've even heard of a couple people getting them back within a calendar month with bulk/economy submissions.

What was your experience like with submission turnaround times for trading cards?

4 hours ago, FearlessPC said:

I sent off my first ever submission of Pokemon cards to CGC last week and I'm excited to get them back. I personally decided to pay a little more and went with the standard tier in hopes of maybe getting them back before Black Friday. I know that the turnaround times are estimated, but I've heard people say that CGC is really good with their turnaround times and I've even heard of a couple people getting them back within a calendar month with bulk/economy submissions.

What was your experience like with submission turnaround times for trading cards?

Hey! I've submitted 2 bulk submission so far (one for 55 cards and the other for 66 cards) and both were received at CGC, graded, and shipped back to me in less than 30 calendar days. I request registered mail for returns so it takes about another week after CGC ships it for it to finally be delivered. Total time I would expect for bulk submissions is 5 calendar days to ship out and be received by CGC, about 30 calendar days to grade and ship back to you, and another 5 calendar days to get returned, for a total wait time of 40 calendar days is what I would expect for bulk orders as of right now. I hope that helps. - Mind you the times might be different the larger the bulk submissions, and depending on how difficult the cards are to grade.

I have also used their Express and Economy tiers and their timelines are pretty spot on so far, if not much faster.  My express for 5 cards was received, graded, and shipped back within 9 calendar days and my economy took 30 calendar days for 10 cards to be received, graded, and shipped back.

-Poke Rogue

2 hours ago, Poke_Rogue_TCG said:

Hey! I've submitted 2 bulk submission so far (one for 55 cards and the other for 66 cards) and both were received at CGC, graded, and shipped back to me in less than 30 calendar days. I request registered mail for returns so it takes about another week after CGC ships it for it to finally be delivered. Total time I would expect for bulk submissions is 5 calendar days to ship out and be received by CGC, about 30 calendar days to grade and ship back to you, and another 5 calendar days to get returned, for a total wait time of 40 calendar days is what I would expect for bulk orders as of right now. I hope that helps. - Mind you the times might be different the larger the bulk submissions, and depending on how difficult the cards are to grade.

I have also used their Express and Economy tiers and their timelines are pretty spot on so far, if not much faster.  My express for 5 cards was received, graded, and shipped back within 9 calendar days and my economy took 30 calendar days for 10 cards to be received, graded, and shipped back.

-Poke Rogue

Thanks for sharing! That's awesome to hear!

My first submission that was received by them Monday is a 12 card submission at the Standard tier (20 working days) so I'm expecting with return shipping to have them back by the end of November/beginning of December. I figured I'd pay the extra $5 a card for the Standard tier as I figured that most submissions were at the Economy tier and if some of the people who submitted at the Economy tier got their cards back within a calendar month that maybe I'd get mine back maybe even sooner lol.

I'm not counting on getting them back before Black Friday, but it'd be nice as I plan on selling them and then using some of that money to send off a bulk submission to them of maybe 50-70 cards. 

I'm prepping my 2nd and 3rd submissions now, but my first submission was received on 9/24.  It split into two; I had one card routed through the 'error grading' process and ten others with regular grading.  The ten cards shipped on 10/15 and the error card on 10/20.  Less than 30 days, for sure.

20 hours ago, SBonin said:

I am wondering how long it takes after the cards are received for them to show up under my submissions.  Do card submissions show up in the same list of comic submissions? 

My order was marked as delivered in my tracking system on October 17th, and was marked as received in the submissions section of my CGC account on October 29th. That being said, I made an error in my order that likely led to a longer time spent getting the order into the system. I would estimate about 10 business days from your order being delivered to CGC, and marked as such in the CGC system.

4 hours ago, Cardcoffers said:

Here are mine:

image.thumb.png.bb7e9a957aa41f49ed3e001c61a864fd.png

That's awesome. Thank you! 

My first ever order with them (Standard) was received by them last Monday and as of yesterday it's currently in Grading/Quality Control status. Hopefully soon I'll be able to see my grades online :)

Looking like CGC is getting backlogged. i send 9 bulk submissions the last month and tracking says received but does not look like they are in the CGC system for approx 7 days or more.   The first submission got logged into their system in 1 day.  the 2nd in 5 days.... nothing yet on my 3-9th submissions.  Hoping for the best.   PLEASE CGC,  stay close to the turnaround times  that is one of my most deciding factor on using CGC over the other companies. (i currently still use other major grading companies and waiting for CGC to do sports cards).

On 11/4/2020 at 8:21 AM, alohaboyz said:

Looking like CGC is getting backlogged. i send 9 bulk submissions the last month and tracking says received but does not look like they are in the CGC system for approx 7 days or more.   The first submission got logged into their system in 1 day.  the 2nd in 5 days.... nothing yet on my 3-9th submissions.  Hoping for the best.   PLEASE CGC,  stay close to the turnaround times  that is one of my most deciding factor on using CGC over the other companies. (i currently still use other major grading companies and waiting for CGC to do sports cards).

That could only be for bulk/economy submissions though. My shipment at the Standard tier was processed next business day and took less than two weeks to grade and ship out. I'll be getting my graded cards back next week. 

Yeah, my bulk submission isn't entered yet and it got there on Monday.  I expected it to take longer to get logged than my 'standard' submission I did my first go-round.  I generally don't love how the grading companies all sort of back into their timelines by not starting the clock until they've logged everything, but it seems the industry works that way as a whole, and at least CGC is more reliable on there turnaround times compared to the competition, once it's logged in.  

mine was delivered last Friday 10/30 and still hasn't been put in the system so I'm going to assume they are a bit backed up. However i wouldnt mind if they took longer but at least let me know you guys have received it. its my first bulk to CGC and just want to be sure they got to the correct place

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Kangroo said:

mine was delivered last Friday 10/30 and still hasn't been put in the system so I'm going to assume they are a bit backed up. However i wouldnt mind if they took longer but at least let me know you guys have received it. its my first bulk to CGC and just want to be sure they got to the correct place

Our system sadly doesn't allow for multiple layers of receiving. When your package has been delivered it's with us, we just haven't opened the box yet. Hopefully that puts you at ease a little.

2 hours ago, alohaboyz said:

When do you actually charge the submitters Credit Card?  upon delivery, upon Opening the package,  start of grading ,etc   ?

thank you

For me personally, my card got charged when grading was either ongoing or complete... pretty sure I got charged when it was completed. 

Just now, FearlessPC said:

For me personally, my card got charged when grading was either ongoing or complete... pretty sure I got charged when it was completed. 

i really hope so,  Some of the other grading companies actually charge the credit card when received and deliver 3-6 months after.  That is money tied up for several months.  horrible

GO CGC , wish all the success to your company.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:43 AM, Ron Churches said:

I was charged when the grading was completed.  Also, it looks like they are approximately one week to open and scan in your orders, looking at that other thread.  My submission was in on 11/2, so I imagine I'll see it in the system sometime early this week.

I was just charged on Wednesday an and my order still reads "received," but as I said before, there is a good chance that mine is some fluke due to by shipping problem.