• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's been your experience like with turnaround times for grading?
1 1

188 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

Have they been in 'received' for more than 30 days?  It's gonna go the distance on the bulk orders, I believe.  Standard looks like it's in the mid 20s; I'm sure it'll be similar for most bulk orders.  

not 30 days yet.  But a mod/admin first told me that CC would be charged when finished.  So i took their word and started to send in more submissions.  But the information was wrong and they are charging as the log delivered.   The Charges get logged fast, LOL.     

How many "stages" do CGC have ?   Delivered ===>then ====> then ======> ??????? =====>shipped  would be nice to see some movement.

PSA has:  ARRIVED ==>  ORDER PREP ==>  RESEARCH & ID ==>   GRADING ==>  ASSEMBLY ==>  QA CHECK 1 ==>  QA CHECK 2 ==>   SHIPPING

Thanks for the great information.

11 hours ago, alohaboyz said:

not 30 days yet.  But a mod/admin first told me that CC would be charged when finished.  So i took their word and started to send in more submissions.  But the information was wrong and they are charging as the log delivered.   The Charges get logged fast, LOL.     

How many "stages" do CGC have ?   Delivered ===>then ====> then ======> ??????? =====>shipped  would be nice to see some movement.

PSA has:  ARRIVED ==>  ORDER PREP ==>  RESEARCH & ID ==>   GRADING ==>  ASSEMBLY ==>  QA CHECK 1 ==>  QA CHECK 2 ==>   SHIPPING

Thanks for the great information.

Yeah, they don't have as many stages as PSA, but they do seem to be hitting their dates.  I think they take it out of a box and sort it, tag the cards to anonymize, and then put it in line to get keyed/front end validated.  That's why the hyperlink doesn't show until they've 'scheduled it for grading'.  I'm not sure how they back into making sure they hit their SLA on the grading itself.  I imagine with you having several larger sized bulk shipments in at the same time, you'll see a little variation on how those go through the process.  The charge timing is probably hurting your confidence more than there's evidence of the process being slower than promised.  I'll tell you, the answer I got back from their cust service guy via email matched what you heard, too.  They charge up front.  I hope that's gotten to the mods here so they can make sure not to accidentally misinform.

FWIW, my express shipment was fast.  11/12 it was scanned, scheduled for grading on Monday, graded and shipped yesterday (11/17).  That's five calendar days, including the weekend.  I was not expecting that to happen so fast.  Only two cards, though.

I have a total of 13 books with CGC. The earliest one I submitted was "received" 8/18/20 for pressing and grading. Its still has the "received" status approximately 81 business days later. This however hasn't stopped them from charging me invoices. I have had over $400 in invoices charged since then but have yet to receive even one book back or even had it status change to "scheduled for grading" since they received the one book on 8/18. 

2 hours ago, HoobieSlaw said:

I have a total of 13 books with CGC. The earliest one I submitted was "received" 8/18/20 for pressing and grading. Its still has the "received" status approximately 81 business days later. This however hasn't stopped them from charging me invoices. I have had over $400 in invoices charged since then but have yet to receive even one book back or even had it status change to "scheduled for grading" since they received the one book on 8/18. 

Sounds like an error, you should probably call them.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:58 PM, LordSherman said:

Sounds like an error, you should probably call them.

I called them today and they said they would look into it. I highly suspect that since all the in-house signatures have a "expedited" turn around time they are pushing other books back in the pressing/cleaning queue. 

Anyone have any updates on turnaround times. I sent in a 10 card "standard" order to try out CGC. Received date was 12/18 but still no progress in the order. I know the holidays slow things down a bit but it's already been 7 business days and no progress. The quoted time is 20 days but most people have gotten their "standard" tier order in less. Even at 20 days it means they would have to get through the rest of the process in about 10 business days, which I guest is possible. Anyone else experiencing this right now?

On 12/29/2020 at 6:58 PM, Bryan19 said:

Anyone have any updates on turnaround times. I sent in a 10 card "standard" order to try out CGC. Received date was 12/18 but still no progress in the order. I know the holidays slow things down a bit but it's already been 7 business days and no progress. The quoted time is 20 days but most people have gotten their "standard" tier order in less. Even at 20 days it means they would have to get through the rest of the process in about 10 business days, which I guest is possible. Anyone else experiencing this right now?

Edited by sellerservicescorp

On 12/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, KRod518 said:

I know they go by "working days" but my standard order is still at "Received" and has been since 12/3.

Still at Received, today is the 21st business day not counting holidays.

Bulk no subgrades

Received: 11/10

Shipped: 1/5

Bulk with subgrades

Shipped: 1/7

Side note on a Standard I sent that was received 11/10 it got shipped on 12/02. This was before they changed the working days.

12 minutes ago, Scrum said:

Bulk no subgrades

Shipped: 1/5

Bulk with subgrades

Shipped: 1/7

Side note on a Standard I sent that was received 11/10 it got shipped on 12/02. This was before they changed the working days.

Hey can u update when u finally receive your stuff back. Cause they shipped mines 12/30 and its still in transit. They charge alot for shipping but seems they choose the slowest way back

2 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

SDcaeRT.png

10/-28-2020 YES,  This is real.  today   (1/7/2021)

I might be in the lead for longest sub as of this day.

did get back some subs that was from early Nov 2020. for some reason the 10/28 sub is in the black hole.

How long did it take shipping back to u

1 hour ago, Sp33dy said:

Hey can u update when u finally receive your stuff back. Cause they shipped mines 12/30 and its still in transit. They charge alot for shipping but seems they choose the slowest way back

They don't choose the shipping though, they give you the option when you sign up for your submission can do UPS, Fed Ex, or USPS and there are multiple shipping speeds offered such as FedEx Ground, FedEx Overnight. What return shipping option did you select?

39 minutes ago, sellerservicescorp said:

They don't choose the shipping though, they give you the option when you sign up for your submission can do UPS, Fed Ex, or USPS and there are multiple shipping speeds offered such as FedEx Ground, FedEx Overnight. What return shipping option did you select?

I picked the insured usps, but its been over a week and its still not moving