• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating RICK STARR
9 9

341 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

If I had a check for $1900 already sent and floating about, I would not be offering to send another one and offering paypal either until some decent period of time had elapsed.

Just sayin'.

What are you inferring? 

20 minutes ago, G G ® said:

You also have to take into account the seller's angle here. He waits two weeks for the money which was supposedly coming, and sees nothing. Perhaps that annoyed him. It would annoy me.

We've only got one side here, obviously we need the seller to chime in before everyone gets their pitchforks out for polishing.

I can post our entire chain of communication if that’s necessary, but I offered several times to send a replacement check or send payment by another means. It was John, the seller, who told me several times to wait for the check to arrive.

He clearly states two things: he made enough money on the thread, so he did not “need” my payment, and that it was after the two weeks (again, it was two weeks because he chose to wait that long) he suddenly realized he couldn’t live without that one book, out of all the others he sold in that thread.

Would he have made the same choice and given the same responses if the buyer had been a longtime boardie/bigwig? I’ll let you all decide... 

Edited by thewritestuff

2 minutes ago, thewritestuff said:

Would he have made the same choice and given the same responses if the buyer had been a longtime boardie/bigwig? I’ll let you all decide... 

This is why he needs to respond. because it's all assumption until he does.

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

BTW, all the buyer has to do is sell him the book and this ends.  It should come down to which is more important to him.  Probation list or the book.

Who says it's PL worthy?

1 minute ago, thewritestuff said:

What is probation for if not a deterrent against similar behavior in the future, and also to alert my fellow members that the same could happen to them?

Agreed, but you claimed the book on Oct 11. It's only 17 days ago. Last time I checked Pl noms have to be at least a month from POS,or has this changed?

Regardless of the circs, that in itself is a breach of the rules.

The guy has a right to reply before the mob light their torches and burn down his barn.

8 minutes ago, G G ® said:

This is why he needs to respond. because it's all assumption until he does.

I alerted him to my nomination twice. The original nomination was posted the other day under probation discussions, and it was the result of that (much longer) post that a respected boardie suggested I post a separate thread.

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

Agreed, but you claimed the book on Oct 11. It's only 17 days ago. Last time I checked Pl noms have to be at least a month from POS,or has this changed?

Regardless of the circs, that in itself is a breach of the rules.

The guy has a right to reply before the mob light their torches and burn down his barn.

I was told by another member that the seller’s flat out refusal to sell the book/complete the transaction negated any waiting period. 

1 minute ago, crassus said:

"c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else."

Thanks for the clarification.

The 30 day rule applies in circumstances where somebody is "wudda cudda shudda" trying to get it done, and so 30 days is seen as a reasonable amount of time to get a normative transaction completed. Beyond 30 days, its assumed the wronged party has been sufficiently patient with excuses and mishaps and its now time to call out the other party. 

16 minutes ago, october said:

The USPS is extremely slow right now. A buyer mailed a check to me three weeks ago and it still hasn't landed. Very little is running on time, not even Priority Some latitude on when payment arrives should be expected, especially if the check was by the seller's request. 

Same thing here. Catrick339 waited my check for over two weeks. We stayed to communicate each other to follow up.  Time had flied by and I informed him that I was going to mail him other check but on the same day, Rickster got my check.  Everything was settled.  The communication is a key for being the teamwork.  I am very surprised thewritestuff and Rick Starr bought my books recently. Both are great.  Hopefully, both of you will work out rather than they are ending up here.