• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mylites 2 Magazine and Fullbacks

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just bought Mylites 2 Standard Magazine bags and the E. Gerber Fullbacks for my Creepy's and Eerie's.  But when I insert the fullback, its super tight against the bag.  Adding the magazine into the bag results in a bowing effect.  Did I just get a bad batch or should I have bought smaller sized fullbacks?  

1 hour ago, conan09279 said:

Hi,

I just bought Mylites 2 Standard Magazine bags and the E. Gerber Fullbacks for my Creepy's and Eerie's.  But when I insert the fullback, its super tight against the bag.  Adding the magazine into the bag results in a bowing effect.  Did I just get a bad batch or should I have bought smaller sized fullbacks?  

The correct pairing is to get 858FB (FullBacks- Standard Magazines) with 900M2 (Mylites 2- Standard Magazines).  If you got 875M2 (Large Comics, Magazines, and Letters), you'll get that bowing effect.  Double check the size of mylites to make sure you got the right size.

1 hour ago, Randall Dowling said:

The correct pairing is to get 858FB (FullBacks- Standard Magazines) with 900M2 (Mylites 2- Standard Magazines).  If you got 875M2 (Large Comics, Magazines, and Letters), you'll get that bowing effect.  Double check the size of mylites to make sure you got the right size.

Thanks - I just checked and thankfully got the right ones.  Interestingly, I just pulled a board from the middle and no issues.  Fits perfect.  Must have been that first board.  Appreciate the help.  

5 minutes ago, conan09279 said:

Thanks - I just checked and thankfully got the right ones.  Interestingly, I just pulled a board from the middle and no issues.  Fits perfect.  Must have been that first board.  Appreciate the help.  

FWIW, I often will use 2 Full Backs for better mags and sometimes even 3.  Just a stiffer assembly to protect from corner impacts.  A trick I picked up from @Stevemmg (thumbsu

19 hours ago, speedcake said:

I'm still angry about discovering the fact that mags in mylar/fullbacks no longer fit in magazine sized comic boxes.

Who decided that nonsense?

Depends on the box.  The acid-free boxes from Gerber (not sure they even make them anymore) or from Bags Unlimited work fine for this combination (I use the Bags Unlimited, they're grey and look good as well as being ph buffered).  Here's a link to the BU boxes.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/5867/magazine-storage-box-font-color-redarchival-fontblue-gray-corrugatedbr11-12-x-9-x-15brholds-150-magazines

I also use the BCE magazine boxes for lower end stuff and they do fit in those also.

Last, I totally didn't recognize you with the new avatar, Charlie!  Made me laugh!  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

Depends on the box.  The acid-free boxes from Gerber (not sure they even make them anymore) or from Bags Unlimited work fine for this combination (I use the Bags Unlimited, they're grey and look good as well as being ph buffered).  Here's a link to the BU boxes.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/5867/magazine-storage-box-font-color-redarchival-fontblue-gray-corrugatedbr11-12-x-9-x-15brholds-150-magazines

I also use the BCE magazine boxes for lower end stuff and they do fit in those also.

Last, I totally didn't recognize you with the new avatar, Charlie!  Made me laugh!  (thumbsu

Thanks, I'll look into those for sure.

And it's one of my favorite Halloween movies!

2 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

This is perfect timing as I was looking for a box that would fit the magazines with the Mylar/fullback combo. Thanks again. It will also fit my ECs that don’t fit in my BCW plastic short boxes (which drives me nuts).