• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want to take a stab at this Amazing Fantasy 15?

13 posts in this topic

I have a chance to pick up this book from a friend for about $2000. I know the book has never been restored...I was thinking it's about a 3.0. I can't get any better scans (as I don't have the book) but I figured I'd show it to you all. I didn't take the pictures...the marvel shipping continues to the bottom right corner. The bottom right corner is very slightly creased (almost crease-free...just chipped).

10_1_b.JPG

de_1_b.JPG

I have a chance to pick up this book from a friend for about $2000. I know the book has never been restored...I was thinking it's about a 3.0. I can't get any better scans (as I don't have the book) but I figured I'd show it to you all. I didn't take the pictures...the marvel shipping continues to the bottom right corner. The bottom right corner is very slightly creased (almost crease-free...just chipped).

I'd lean more towards a 2.0 judging from the photos - they are not good, and all chipping aside, the book's grade will hinge on its structure. I assume you know it isn't restored because the "friend" is the original owner, and you trust him/her. It's always a thrill when you have an opportunity to pick up a "grail", but $2000 may be very close to FMV for the book in that condition.

Ask yourself one question: Why am I buying it? And then proceed accordingly grin.gif

The structure is fairly decent. The book is better than the pictures are showing. I'd grade it at a solid 4.0 without chipping (maybe a 4.5 on a good day), but the chipping is pretty severe.

Yeah, the friend isn't a "friend," it's an actual friend. smile.gif As in, this person found the book in an attic and went to sell it on ebay. She got a high bid of $2100 but the person backed out (felt the book wasn't worth over 2 grand). So she's offering me the book for 2 grand...but, like you said, it's definitely close to FMV - and it's a lot of money for a college student! I simply can't afford a book like that unless I plan on reselling it. I'd love to have an amazing key like that but I prefer my 2.0s to be Golden Age... wink.gif

I don't know which one I prefer...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

Owners rant:

"I CAN ACCEPT THAT THE BIDS ON THIS COMIC ARE LOWER THAN ON MY SHOWCASE #4 AND MY FANTASTIC FOUR #1. I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SELL IT. MY RESERVE IS SET AT $2000. IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BID OVER $2000, GO AWAY!!! THIS COMIC BOOK IS MISSING A CORNER PIECE. SO WHAT??? IT IS AMAZING FANTASY #15!!!!! DON'T BID ON IT!!!!! I SHOULD NOT EVEN HAVE PUT IT ON EBAY.............................. STUPID CGC GAVE THIS COMIC BOOK A 2.0 UNIVERSAL GRADE WHICH IS UTTER [embarrassing lack of self control]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CGC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT CGC, THE "PROFESSIONAL GRADERS", ARE A BUNCH OF MORONIC DOLTS. THEY CAN KISS MY [embarrassing lack of self control]."

That's a huge corner chunk missing.

Peter; i was gonna comment on what you'd think of that book, if it was an FF #1 and then i read your new sigline - CONGRATS!!!!!!! acclaim.gif

I'd be all over that copy . . . (at $750) 27_laughing.gif