CGC Window Bags - NOW AVAILABLE!
5 5

55 posts in this topic

To reduce the target sig area you want e artists to write in, take an old mylar cut down to the size of the backing board, and cut out the sig window where you want it.  and slip it in the yellow holder above the comic.  It shouldn’t move around too much and will protect all of the cover except your targeted sig window. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, obsidian00 said:

I love the concept...I just think the signature windows for the bags are a bit on the small side which limits the creators options.  Even the examples they used in the video shows signatures that are outside of that signing window.  To achieve that, the artist would have to remove the book from the bag which defeats their purpose.

Now bags that had perforated knockouts for the top middle and bottom that would give the customer a bit more control would be more ideal.  I know there are additional costs for that but just a thought.

 

On 11/5/2020 at 12:55 PM, Ares said:

the funny part is in the images use to promote the service parts of the signature are under the yellow

I was thinking that since it is a top loader....

The singer coule simply slide the comic up? To sign lower? Seemed to slide easy

I'm not saying that is ideal or the best way to go

I'm just saying it may be implied, and it's still not the worst, compared to what is currently available 

But I doe like the idea of perforated sections

Even if there were a lot of perforations really close together..... and you get to choose the size of your window, and if they were close enough together, you may even be able to go diagonally for the awkward window bag 

:tink:

IMG_20201029_134600837.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

 

I was thinking that since it is a top loader....

The singer coule simply slide the comic up? To sign lower? Seemed to slide easy

I'm not saying that is ideal or the best way to go

I'm just saying it may be implied, and it's still not the worst, compared to what is currently available 

But I doe like the idea of perforated sections

Even if there were a lot of perforations really close together..... and you get to choose the size of your window, and if they were close enough together, you may even be able to go diagonally for the awkward window bag 

:tink:

IMG_20201029_134600837.jpg

You have the handwriting of an 8-year old...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2020 at 6:08 AM, celluloidbuff said:

Do these get returned with your graded books to reuse? 

A bigger question, do these bags get re-sold?  You know, recycled for environmental reasons. 😉

I just don't like these bags because you can't dictate where the signature will go.  The video on YouTube for the bags even  shows the signatures outside of the area allowed by the bag.

The concept is great but you need to give the option of where to out the signatures.

Edited by TTony
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I LOVE the convenience of the these bags and I'm very interested, but what prevents me from pulling the trigger is the fact that they don't get returned when I send them in. I'd even be willing to pay very small fee (probably no more than $5 total) to have them shipped back with my books. Otherwise, the value is greatly diminished. I have so many bags and boards, I can make my own window bags at very little cost other than time and effort. 

If anything, I'd probably get a pack of these for when I go to cons (when they come back!!!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2020 at 9:19 AM, Jayncoke said:

I LOVE the convenience of the these bags and I'm very interested, but what prevents me from pulling the trigger is the fact that they don't get returned when I send them in. I'd even be willing to pay very small fee (probably no more than $5 total) to have them shipped back with my books. Otherwise, the value is greatly diminished. I have so many bags and boards, I can make my own window bags at very little cost other than time and effort. 

If anything, I'd probably get a pack of these for when I go to cons (when they come back!!!!)

Man those days can't come soon enough, and good thinking! They may be the first seen by newcomers to cgc and the yellow label experience, so they'll serve a purpose to some I hope.

:tink: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So when you send books in for a private signing do you have to use these bags per CGC's instructions or can we make our own window bag? Just want to be clear on this is all.

QUOTE from CGC for sending in books for a signing : 

  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2020 at 3:51 AM, Etreiw said:

This is the first year of not only getting my old comics slabbed but also doing these signature signing things.  Initially I was making my own window bags but I found that I was handling my comics more than I wanted when making the desired window bags.  I then discovered those premade blue window bags, which was definitely a stepup but I found that you still have to be pretty careful when slipping both the board and the comic through the side of the bag.  Now seeing that you can have a premade window bag with putting board and comings from the top again peaks my interest..... but it will be awhile before I send any more comics down for signatures. ;) 

I decided to check out this thread in order to find out what window bags were. (I don't collect autographed comics, but if I were to buy one, I'd want the autograph to be on the splash page, in the margin.)

Every time a book is inserted into a Mylar sleeve, it needs to be sandwiched between two backing boards first. I learned that lesson the hard way 30+ years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

I decided to check out this thread in order to find out what window bags were. (I don't collect autographed comics, but if I were to buy one, I'd want the autograph to be on the splash page, in the margin.)

Every time a book is inserted into a Mylar sleeve, it needs to be sandwiched between two backing boards first. I learned that lesson the hard way 30+ years ago.

Soooo, the first set of books using the new pre-window made bags came back, and I'm happy with the results. :) I got Mr. Peter David's signature on 3 books, Supergirl 1 and 4 from the second volume and Ist issue of Young Justice, I'm pleased where he had signed and happy with the grades. :) Signatures are expensive if you take into account the Canadian Dollar exchange rate....so no more books to send down till late fall.....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you plan on using these at cons (If we will have cons in 2021), they do not fit into the Ultra Pro or the BCW storage portfolios. These are useless to me since they do not fit. Great idea, bad execution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2021 at 12:42 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Every time a book is inserted into a Mylar sleeve, it needs to be sandwiched between two backing boards first. I learned that lesson the hard way 30+ years ago.

Why? I've never had an issue just boarding the bag and inserting the comic, and have done plenty of bagging and boarding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Kristopher Ryan PNW said:

Why? I've never had an issue just boarding the bag and inserting the comic, and have done plenty of bagging and boarding.

I'm guessing that either you don't collect Golden Age books or you don't use 4-mil Mylars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kristopher Ryan PNW said:

I don't collect Golden. I use 2mil E. Gerbers. Care to enlighten?

The four mil Mylars/Gerbers are very rigid, and GA covers are thicker and stiffer than the covers on SA and newer books. The edge of a four mil Mylar can catch the edge of a GA cover and cut through it like a razor. It happened to me once, unfortunately. Once was enough. (I would bet that even a 2-mil Mylar/Gerber could do it, although it would be less likely.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2021 at 7:38 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

The four mil Mylars/Gerbers are very rigid, and GA covers are thicker and stiffer than the covers on SA and newer books. The edge of a four mil Mylar can catch the edge of a GA cover and cut through it like a razor. It happened to me once, unfortunately. Once was enough. (I would bet that even a 2-mil Mylar/Gerber could do it, although it would be less likely.)

Gotcha, thanks for the info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5