• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will these 3 books ASM 252, 300 & Marvel Team-Up 141 continue to rise in value?
1 1

47 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2020 at 8:45 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

As a collector, ASM 252, Thor 337, Secret Wars 8 are just meh to me. They are alright, not rushing to add them to my collection again.

The market is just overrun with sales of these and I can get them whenever.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:08 AM, MagicMan_2017 said:

Agreed ... now they are. And that's sort of my point that several years ago, there were far fewer in the open market. Now it's being flooded with them, even the CPVs ... as they're all coming out of the woodwork. So unless you've got a 9.8/9.9/10.0 ... I wouldn't really say they've got long term growth potential. But great books to read though!

Agreed.  I have a mid grade 252 but I don't really go crazy over it.  Its a cool cover, but I'm not going to FOMO over it.  Obviously certain people on the boards are but glad to see other members that share my sentiment.  

I may pick up higher graded one in the future at some point but I have other rarer keys  I'm chasing first that I'm worried will get priced out soon..

Edited by Wolverinex

I was yesterday thinking that I will list my other copy of ASM316(VF-NM) to ebay because that one is direct and I have also a newsstand. More I looked into that cover I was like aah.... no I want to put that one in a frame and in to my bookshelf like I have ASM300 and Batman 423. Which I also have doubles. There is just something about those Mcfarlane covers.

I don't think that any of those books (ASM 252,300,316) will go down in value even thou ASM316 is doubled-tripled in value in one month?!   

Edited by godzilla43

On 3/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, MR SigS said:

4I8fK6g.jpg

LOL

This is easily the funniest, best thing I will see all week, and I am confident for saying that, knowing that today is only Monday.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:45 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

As a collector, ASM 252, Thor 337, Secret Wars 8 are just meh to me. They are alright, not rushing to add them to my collection again.

The market is just overrun with sales of these and I can get them whenever.

I kind of agree with you...the market WAS overrun with copies available for sale, and you could have purchased an ASM 252 CGC 9.8 direct or newsstand for $450.  But as folks started to snap up copies, prices started to climb, and as you can see by various sites today, there aren't as many 9.8's available as there used to be.  And the price that people are willing to pay/compete for a copy has skyrocketed.

So yes, you may be able to get them whenever, but its a matter of how much you're going to have to pay for a copy the longer you delay. 

On 11/15/2020 at 10:52 AM, Morganmi said:

So what's this all about? Was looking up some stuff and saw Gocollect has this listed as the 4th app. Of Spider-mans alien suit. Seems impossible since this issue came out over 6 months after ASM 252.(shrug)

Screenshot_20201115-133915.jpg

This is a key, which connects how the black suit came about. to complete my Symbiote black suit run this book was a must. Sleeper key not for long.

1 hour ago, MB1952 said:

This is a key, which connects how the black suit came about. to complete my Symbiote black suit run this book was a must. Sleeper key not for long.

Ah cool thanks, I bought and read all these back in the day but honestly forget the whole sequence of events on the black suit turning into alien Symbiote.(thumbsu