• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's hear your Signature Stories! Here's my John Byrne Signed Experience
3 3

48 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2022 at 7:22 AM, postersandstuff said:

I dont doubt you but hes right about POTP being a scammer however , besides this one , hes sold fake Bowie (dated '17 when he died 2016 , what clown forges these ?)

Elvis

Robert Shaw (dated a yr after he died)

Dean

Sinatra

Queen album

last 2 on ebay by moviemusiccollect

Anthony Daniels says PotP forged his signature.png

Thats a screen shot from Anthony Daniels' own site , i should think the man knows his own sig.....a clear indication about POTP not being trusthworthy.

Here are a few fun, positive Fan Expo Canada stories. My first time there in years was in 2018. Mike Mayhew was signing and remarking his FF #1 Gotham Central Comics Variant cover. He was sketching and everything was sold out, but both he and Carlos were willing to add just one more.  I have been friends with both ever since. In 2019, Todd McFarlane released his Spawn #299 (FXC Edition) and met up with fans in line to enter the show to sign autographs.  He even came up to me in line while I was waiting for one of the #299 copies and took a selfie with my phone. Finally,  John Byrne had a line around the hall for three free signatures (no CGC, no duplicates). I had a few FF #236 copies for him to sign, but got one signed and gave the other two sigs (with me in line) to someone else who didn't make the line. FXC is always a fun show.

Mike Mayhew.jpg

FXC 2019 Todd.jpg

McFarlaine.jpg

Back in the mid 90's I was helping a buddy out by watching/run his comic shop while he went to a con to get some books for the shop and before they left they told that Fabian Nicieza would be doing a signing so I told them "Since I'm doing you guys a favor get a book signed by Nicieza for me." They said sure. so the day drags out and on but as I'm closing the shop they pull up with their haul which wasn't much so after sorting through all the books they go here is your book. I look at it it's X-Men #34 and it was personalized with the following " To Chris nothing special for you. You're friends don't like you. Fabian Nicieza. I just started laughing. So fast forward to 2019 NYCC is coming around and I got tix for Sunday my first real Con since they started calling it NYCC so leading up to it I see that Fabian Nicieza is going to be there and I tweet him a pic of my book he tweets back saying that it's a fake cause he knows how to use your and you're correctly. So now I'm worried that it is a fake and my friends pulled a fast one on me 30 years ago. So It's the day of the con and it's my time so I show him the pic and he starts laughing and apologizes for  the typeo and signs my other copy of X-men #34 "To Chris You're fixed now.... Fabian Nicieza and got my pic taken with him as well.

1994.jpg

2019.jpg

IMG_20191006_161209.jpg

On 4/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, seanfingh said:

Just to make you feel better - I have owned about 50 Jim Lee signed books, but I have never owned a Carl Potts signed book.

I was gonna say, I've met Jim Lee a few times but never Carl Potts. I did almost get a commission from him years ago but he quoted me $450 and that was a shock at the time so I never followed through. ugh.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, tonytitan said:

any chance CGC gets a in house signing with John Bryne ?

I would sink some money into this myself but unfortunately, no.  The last signing I heard he was involved in he only signed the Star Wars books he worked on and I don't think those were SSd.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:20 AM, Bird said:

I was gonna say, I've met Jim Lee a few times but never Carl Potts. I did almost get a commission from him years ago but he quoted me $450 and that was a shock at the time so I never followed through. ugh.

I met Carl Potts at the Giant-Size Charlotte Mini-Con back in November of 2021. No one was at his table so I approached him and asked if he did convention sketches. 

He said he doesn’t do them anymore and I was gonna leave it at that, but he saw I had my sketchbook in hand and asked if he could look at it. So I handed it to him and he saw that I had just started it, so he said he’d draw something for me of my choice, for $40 of course. I chose Dr. Strange and he did NOT disappoint.

2684B8C7-B78D-4F16-A08C-A75419BD69B3.jpeg