Probation nomination for migmtl76
2 2

36 posts in this topic

He posted a WTB thread back in the summer looking for an Aliens 1 9.8.  I had one heading there so contacted him.  We agreed to a price and kept him informed of when it was coming back/back.  Upon it's arrival back he asked for a bit more time to pay for the book (being a Canadian sucker, and hoping to gain a new customer as well) I agreed to give him more time.  Deadline passed and he's now ghosted me :sorry: I see he's still active on the boards and he's read my facebook messages so let's put him on the list where he belongs. 

@migmtl76 

Timeline:

Price was agreed to on Sept 9th.

Asking for a couple of weeks to get me the payment on Sept 10th. (so if we need to bump the "nomination" I guess that would make the new payment date of Sept 20th), he then asked to extend until October 8th.  He's since admitted he has no intention of purchasing it (tonight).  

 

Miguel was sent pictures of the book on September 14th, as the book had arrived back from CGC.  He agreed to buy the book without any pictures (as he was anxiously trying to track down a copy and I had copies at cgc that I kept him posted about their progress through 9.8 prescreen).  He agreed to the purchase on Sept 10th.  Book was not in hand until the 14th.  He didn't care about how the book looked (else he wouldn't have agreed to buy a 9.8 without pictures).

On the 20th he asked what the best way was to send funds (etransfer for Canadian Funds or paypal for USD funds were given).  He then asked if I could wait a bit longer to be paid.  On the 22nd of Sept he then asked if he could get my email address to send funds to as he wanted the book right away.  On the 23rd he asked how fast I could ship it out as he wanted it right away.  I replied to which we try our best to get books out within 24hrs.  A couple hours later he replied he was sending funds at lunch (September 23rd) and he wanted it for Friday.  I told him I couldn't ship today but would get the book out tomorrow but couldn't ensure it was there the next day as Canada post showed it as a 2 day service.  He did not pay that day.  He then asked for another picture on Sept 24th.  Pic was sent that day.  He then read the message and ignored it.  On October 9th I sent him a friendly reminder that he was to have paid by now.  He read the message that day and never replied until tonight saying he wasn't paying because it wasn't a 9.8.

 

Edited by Iceman399
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

He posted a WTB thread back in the summer looking for an Aliens 1 9.8.  I had one heading there so contacted him.  We agreed to a price and kept him informed of when it was coming back/back.  Upon it's arrival back he asked for a bit more time to pay for the book (being a Canadian sucker, and hoping to gain a new customer as well) I agreed to give him more time.  Deadline passed and he's now ghosted me :sorry: I see he's still active on the boards and he's read my facebook messages so let's put him on the list where he belongs. 

@migmtl76 

Timeline:

Price was agreed to on Sept 9th.

Asking for a couple of weeks to get me the payment on Sept 10th. (so if we need to bump the "nomination" I guess that would make the new payment date of Sept 20th), he then asked to extend until October 8th.  He's since admitted he has no intention of purchasing it (tonight).  

 

Like I said no problem you got a lot more money from someone else. I won't buy a 9.8 comic with a dent in the corner tha could pass for a 9.4. Someone at CGC was feeling generous that day.

You sold it for way more so just be happy 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Horse-Aliens-1-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-Mark-Verheiden-amp-Mark-A-Nelson-1st-Printing-/193733383838

I said I was sorry. If you think this is realy necessary then I'm glad we didnt do any business.

Picture speaks for itself. Anyways take care Eric. No hard feelings , you got a great price so pour the champagne instead of hating lol

dent.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Like I said no problem you got a lot more money from someone else. I won't buy a 9.8 comic with a dent in the corner tha could pass for a 9.4. Someone at CGC was feeling generous that day.

You sold it for way more so just be happy 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Horse-Aliens-1-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-Mark-Verheiden-amp-Mark-A-Nelson-1st-Printing-/193733383838

I said I was sorry. If you think this is realy necessary then I'm glad we didnt do any business.

Picture speaks for itself. Anyways take care Eric. No hard feelings , you got a great price so pour the champagne instead of hating lol

dent.jpg

Ya it's amazing you agreed to buy it, said you would send funds several times ignored the reminder to send funds and the decided tonight to admit you won't be sending funds. Sad that 'kids' these days talk a big game. Glad you blocked me on Facebook too. 

Added info

Funny how you waited almost 7 weeks (from our last messages) to tell me the corner had an issue. I have 3 copies and could have offered you any one of the but you were clearly not paying up when you kept delaying payments and ghosted me. 

Edited by Iceman399
Added more info.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, wombat said:

If you don't have the exact book he agreed to buy then I don't think this would work for the PL list. Just my 2 cents. 

I do have the exact book.

He has also said he won't be buying the book he agreed to buy more than a month after he agreed to buy it...thus backing out of the deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

I do have the exact book.

He has also said he won't be buying the book he agreed to buy more than a month after he agreed to buy it...thus backing out of the deal.

It was a little confusing. When asked if you had the book you said "I have one available". To me that implies you have a copy available, but not that exact one. Anyhow, if you do indeed have the book he agreed to purchase still available that would seem PL worthy to me. 

I am curious. What was the agreement while it was at CGC? Was it as long as it came back a 9.8?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wombat said:

It was a little confusing. When asked if you had the book you said "I have one available". To me that implies you have a copy available, but not that exact one. Anyhow, if you do indeed have the book he agreed to purchase still available that would seem PL worthy to me. 

I am curious. What was the agreement while it was at CGC? Was it as long as it came back a 9.8?

He's looking for a reason to back out, claiming the corner isn't a 9.8.  If that was truly an issue he could have said something over the course of our 2 months or so of conversations and I could have offered him a different copy.  Apologies for the confusion.

 

I've added more to the first post :) hope this helps clear things up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

 

Miguel was sent pictures of the book on September 14th, as the book had arrived back from CGC.  He agreed to buy the book without any pictures (as he was anxiously trying to track down a copy and I had copies at cgc that I kept him posted about their progress through 9.8 prescreen).  He agreed to the purchase on Sept 10th.  Book was not in hand until the 14th.  He didn't care about how the book looked (else he wouldn't have agreed to buy a 9.8 without pictures).

 

 

This is the key part for me. The deal was to purchase a CGC 9.8, and not to purchase a specific copy of the book, otherwise pictures would have been requested. You upheld your end and he did not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nominated

A deal is a deal...and a 9.8 is a 9.8. If he isn't comfortable with the corner he should still honor the deal, 9.8s aren't 9.9s and certainly not 10s, there will always be something that makes it 9.8 and something that keeps it there rather then making it a 9.6

Amazing Spiderman 300s are notorious for Bindary problems and there are plenty of 9.8s out there, and that is a 5k book in 9.8 (I should know)

Edited by Hollywood1892
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

He's looking for a reason to back out, claiming the corner isn't a 9.8.  If that was truly an issue he could have said something over the course of our 2 months or so of conversations and I could have offered him a different copy.  Apologies for the confusion.

 

I've added more to the first post :) hope this helps clear things up.

I have a question 

Do you agree that the corner isn't a 9.8?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2