• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comic Con new date-December 2-5, 2021
2 2

54 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2021 at 2:21 PM, alexgross.com said:

great show, lots of marvelous dealers here! here are a few pics. not crowded today either as it’s a weekday and the strict vax/testing rules too. some dealers are not thrilled about the tight testing rules for kids. but all in the name of safety i suppose…

E33EA0FD-1E2E-4690-A92B-6E2A683EAB6D.jpeg

5B33230F-A7FF-4C92-ABB3-287B590FF8BB.jpeg

5F80E837-0C3A-4552-B28F-645F1D2464C8.jpeg

45DF4C33-06E4-4CF0-AE15-A59B08FDAADB.jpeg

F4ACA0E2-141D-463E-B97D-86498FF14C91.jpeg

6148CF83-F7B8-4E49-A017-EEC98610D4C3.jpeg

F3A25E44-E2D1-43BC-AC8E-6A299F760A32.jpeg

Man, that looks like a ghost town. Not a soul in sight in that picture second from the bottom.

I feel for those dealers. Some savvy collectors might get some real good deals.

Timing is bad for a big con right now. And then there is that “other” problem.

Hopefully, tomorrow is better. 

On 12/3/2021 at 8:20 PM, Robot Man said:

Man, that looks like a ghost town. Not a soul in sight in that picture second from the bottom.

I feel for those dealers. Some savvy collectors might get some real good deals.

Timing is bad for a big con right now. And then there is that “other” problem.

Hopefully, tomorrow is better. 

i did take these early, crowds increased throughout the day. but it was slower than usual for sure, and dealers were not thrilled overall. today tickets are sold out so it should be busier. 

On 11/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, Jugger Grimrod said:

Funko offerings are lottery-only, if they have anything left at the end of each show day they open it up to the public. Chances are any "exclusives" will all get sold to those who win a lottery ticket allowing them to purchase one of each Funko offered.

Didn't know if it was like that at all shows. I remember it being such at NYCC a few years ago as well. Oddly enough, this one showed up on sale at another site. Saved all the trouble. 

here are a few more pics from friday, including our own @blazingbob

looks like albert moy was the only OA dealer there, as far as i could see. but quite a few great comic dealers set up in addition to bob storms, like jeff itkin, ken dyber -cloud9, heroes and champion comics, both from the bay area, jamie graham, torpedo, harley, and many others.

also here's a shot of my son with a few of my very own books we saw at seattle's MOPOP museum gift shop. 

i did not attend the con yesterday or today so cannot speak to the size of the crowd or how sales went. maybe others can. friday started slow but gradually increased tin numbers hroughout the day. but it was never packed, which was fine with me. 

IMG_5466.jpeg

IMG_5448.jpeg

IMG_5444.jpeg

IMG_5443.jpeg

On 12/4/2021 at 7:20 PM, jsilverjanet said:

How were crowds today

Saturday was supposedly sold out; I skipped it.  Today was busier than Thursday or Friday, although most dealers I talked to said they were doing pretty well on Friday.  Dates for next year are August 18-21, which is much better, although still doesn't feel 'right' for ECCC.  We're supposed to be the first big show of the year, starting off the season...

My daughter and I attended Thursday through Saturday with @Batmanderson joining us on Saturday.  The GA selection seemed to be a bit sparse as compared to 2019 in my opinion, but there were loads of SA/BA graded keys to be found if you were in the market. The kid grabbed a few modern signed slabs, spent half of her birthday money on Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and I picked up a nice X-Men 141.  Still one of my favorite destination cons to hit when I can.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:58 PM, MDR123 said:

Didn't know if it was like that at all shows. I remember it being such at NYCC a few years ago as well. Oddly enough, this one showed up on sale at another site. Saved all the trouble. 

Years ago it was basically a free for all when it came to the Funko stuff, but they then started doing a lottery-based system whereas people would enter the lottery and put in the days they would attend and then Funko would alert everyone who won an entry ticket a few days before the show. You then show that on your phone or print it out to gain access based on the day/time slot Funko gave you. I believe they restock each day, so ideally you want to be in the earlier time slots each day to get the ones you want. It's still a mad house but a much more organized and control mad house. I myself don't collect, but my booth is generally close to Funko's so I see all the people lining up, etc. Also, most of the stuff they offer at the shows is "shared exclusives" which means one may be a Target exclusive, or Amazon, or Gamestop, but they will then offer the same thing at the convention, but with a convention sticker on it, and apparently that is why the convention ones are more sought after with collectors, is because of the sticker itself. Of course there are then some convention exclusives that are only available at the show itself that aren't considered "shared".

On 12/10/2021 at 3:21 AM, Jugger Grimrod said:

Also I am sure everyone is aware of this, but if not, the next ECCC will be held August 18-21, 2022. It will then transition back to it's usual March slot for 2023.

So that means for the 8 weekends from early July - mid/late August there will be these 7 large cons:

Denver, Chicago Expo (formally Wizardworld), San Diego, Tampa, C2E2, Boston and ECCC