• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers inserts...
11 11

178 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2021 at 3:20 AM, Ballymore3 said:

This is an interesting thread, particularly @valiantman

I came across a few of these Mark Jewelers variants and inspected them thoroughly before sending them in for a CGC signing.  Has anyone submitted books with the MJI and not received the metadata notation on the slab?  Is there a situation where a book has a MJI and the graders miss it?  I am curious if this was mechanical error of some sort.   One book got it and the other did not, despite both books having the same green colored insert.  Just wondering if anyone in the community has experienced this....?

101F3327-8AAF-4B78-8D43-611B41AC53F0.jpeg

670897B6-EAD3-4804-AD12-4E8DA9B7A046.jpeg

Probably a data entry error on the #276 label.  They got the signature info on there, but they forgot to add the MJ notation.

Sooo….this is the second book I sent in (with a Mark Jewelers insert) and the graders fail to annotate.   One of the things I liked about CGC was their attention to detail, when a book included cards or a gatefold poster, etc.   is anyone else experiencing this?  Definitely sending it back as a mechanical error….

🤬

1689126E-1C3A-4F81-929A-7F243BD91B47.jpeg

Mine came back today 

I put it in the variant drop down when I subbed it

It was already an option and I didnt have to manually type

I dont know if that matters....

It came back in the graders notes too that it was a jewelers which I found odd

2021_06_04 11_33 AM Office Lens.jpg

2021_06_04 11_34 AM Office Lens.jpg

On 6/4/2021 at 7:19 PM, Ballymore3 said:

One of the things I liked about CGC was their attention to detail, when a book included cards or a gatefold poster, etc.

Most things like that appear in the notes in the Key Comments section because they're (supposed to be) in every copy, which is vastly different from them having to add a special note for an individual copy. Not that they shouldn't still get it right, but one requires actual effort.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:19 PM, Ballymore3 said:

Sooo….this is the second book I sent in (with a Mark Jewelers insert) and the graders fail to annotate.   One of the things I liked about CGC was their attention to detail, when a book included cards or a gatefold poster, etc.   is anyone else experiencing this?  Definitely sending it back as a mechanical error….

🤬

1689126E-1C3A-4F81-929A-7F243BD91B47.jpeg

Yeah, they miss MJIs all the time.  QC has really taken a hit in the last year or so.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:06 PM, Stronguy said:

It took CGC 3 time to get this right.  In February I sent in 14 MJI books.  All books were entered properly and had MJI noted on the packing slip.  Additionally, because I have had problems with them labeling MJIs properly in the past, I included a note on the packing slip say, "Please label these 'MARK JEWELERS INSERT!'"  And to take it one step further, I put individual Post-Its on each book.  Think that was enough?  Guess again.

3 months later I just happened to check my subs and the MJI one was marked SHIPPED.  Within an hour of it going to SHIPPED I called CGC to tell them that 2 of the 14 books were missing MJI notes (according to the online system).  They were unable to stop them from being mailed so the day I got them I called back and started a MECHANICAL ERROR submission for the 2 books.  Again, BIG BOLD notes saying about these being MJI all over the place.

A few weeks later my "corrected" books came back... 1 was corrected but the X-Men 266 still was not.  You literally had 1 job... how do you screw that up?!? :frustrated:

So, back to CGC for a 3rd time.  This time I tried to make it as unmistakable as possible.  In addition to marking up the packing slip, I made a couple of notes for whomever received the book. Maybe this time they would get it right.

8cNHuOLx13NCpAED0S4ocAUcTMJ-t7YjQYGXW8rvCfDrAIVF1bWxdOVbQRUjOqv7qzmnyfbOPF_mfI_Wlr_EmRLKEovus7IYoRqaM_yaREwd2emwZryG_h3ThcVuJuDKuEq-Kw_9EK7GqMye3wplLwu7hRCcKszyt6pr7BfT4pxQtqEq2LTLrmEyZS2QXKQlhaqNLNx9UlVlunjSq8NY3yiYE5chjVvpL5ki-PWPrGu_HhdV48WXTv31LOMTvCvZ08nA6zBinP03krrfztVEHpls9sbUG_3t402_xq7_ck-5GK4vezXZKDfojCTFOllS-XB4Sqbr1ivvhk90ZHymT1f2UuQCN8ig84PNhr6J8zasmmURrk_FhfHxmsuLSZB7Cr8-IcdvxxnUziTsKR1NzhD5gFO6-K7kJ4IUH222CPtk4kAvGbHIx198nHoDSNqSAh8OP7VAQxT6A5y5bLBuAMJeTwazhxSpuUMjS0rVVacZ8zadWTzm8u9PlGtiZ1g8xny-Sj6r8swJcAepTxkGyxr2XBpkN8Tf0BrxvHvLvI4VjBDOeAMgWS-JQKCyqo6MfaAH994DRks2idZhtiGDw414n7OiuDZbJHSaKP5kKJ4Om87BBFYfZ_FaOuM2LVZUefa4JgPa8R-IG8nfvgibHYruOqkWLzwVV9hxtLg3irTlCwEE1eu3rGWSVMva01gXuJMg0jSjvi2E2GyicA5Gv_kr=w637-h849-no?authuser=0

Finally, yesterday... :acclaim:
3OltEOlMgwiBHttSN_bB9qIsCK_1vMpKpSIfOOSgEknJfzf4VCFUmkLmHxu4l4tz5j7OiXppo91VFMck1GUhrk_eX0nXCypFp9Rp65JeeilK6GAsBzgEWN48Bw_3pY6ef_j94WEa1oCOHlxkEq1bkFXDvgfLKfFRcQdFE-D1Ru9D0y2m5nofnCr39gJhgD5wfy7ctQLXPcnT9nRYzTLY1e2dnAJ067zNxAJ3rd795aI61nbn1NmrSYCqbbgfGTEQ4CeYq3EOiDQjTFkB-vp5EGRB5yObwZfvB2mcBsRPJ7bUvgSCpDHjA2eD6oUrx52qlXSacoQa0x61FljSC3oj3Mw2uA3hg_3N3omFMw13NrqmqLZxICuN3rP7kPeyBSgG8GwujF0eK0PhYchO_WVRWS1QjBP5_xUQrYXT7bZTzJxD7QFsIsxuTASLRH3nIX1IEBBdUPhu5GrEnDuNb4rlyX7ivUMHD6SiqSg7b8u0tXyC3Lmlcvynt_s3At3dhSxIs6Z7mgfszUsP1lKYENEm6CzHxPDY0rme-LXW39dzT-bdHOkRaqdfPTlyPR19j8HrOR4Sq_UM-5CTz1SdpQ3-k04yDoXTd7Wb8BclPGm0r-qYgwovmKMORXihIgBoOCKygEnqjLOMrYH7iZtgnkGlKxJdOiniGgAat_vW0qLTMAals0ZsvNNaIJUsrcK3-3fya4f0en5MdWSlqxupIUvqrWP3=w536-h849-no?authuser=0

lol I have a X-force distorted hologram coming back today, that is probably mislabeled, as it doesn't state it under the variant.

It wasn't in the drop down when filling out the sub, so I manually typed it in, wrote it again on the submission form, and called to have a customer rep notate it when it didn't come up when clickable.......

I tried everything, lastly today or tomorrow I'll send pics and an email to get confirmation of what happened..... (shrug) 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I have a X-force distorted hologram coming back today, that is probably mislabeled, as it doesn't state it under the variant.

It wasn't in the drop down when filling out the sub, so I manually typed it in, wrote it again on the submission form, and called to have a customer rep notate it when it didn't come up when clickable.......

I tried everything, lastly today or tomorrow I'll send pics and an email to get confirmation of what happened..... (shrug) 

Nope no label now have to email to see if that's on purpose 

2021_07_22 1_27 PM Office Lens.jpg

2021_07_22 1_28 PM Office Lens.jpg

Sorry @Stronguy I got caught up,p with explaining the book that needed label notation like the mark jewelers that didnt get notated, that I posted my book I was talking about. Got a little too excited with books back from cgc. You gave a confused reaction 

On 7/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, Spawnfreak said:

Someday I'll have it graded, just for me. Just picked it up.

DSC01121.JPG

DSC01122.JPG

Congrats that's nice, seems like we all have some lying around Haha, it has to be worth it dollar wise sometimes

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/22/2021 at 7:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sorry @Stronguy I got caught up,p with explaining the book that needed label notation like the mark jewelers that didnt get notated, that I posted my book I was talking about. Got a little too excited with books back from cgc.

Congrats that's nice, I think we all have some lying around Haha, it has to be worth it dollar wise sometimes

:martini:Have one on me!

On 7/22/2021 at 6:26 PM, Spawnfreak said:

:martini:Have one on me!

Amen

It bugs me, that sometimes I dont go through books like I should, and I know novices don't either. I can only imagine how many are mislabeled lol

But thanks, I can chill ahaha.

I started out looking for spider-man man books with mji, I didnt realize there was an appearance in quest probe! :x

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/22/2021 at 8:37 PM, divad said:

Help me out here, but isn't that a Canadian newsstand variant on top of the MJI???  :bigsmile:

You know that thought did cross my mind but idk Canadian price that well, as it varies

On 7/23/2021 at 7:27 AM, Spawnfreak said:

IDK. Thought never crossed my mind, but I will try to find out!

From what I can tell, Newsstand editions did not have the Canadian price of $1.00 on the label, besides the 75c, and the direct did. CPV was newsstand and only $1.00 on the label. Please feel free to correct me. I am by no means an expert on CPV, though I DO play one on tv.