• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does GCG offer minimum grading?

4 posts in this topic

So, I was just curious that if I were to send my new PSA 9 card to be graded by GCG instead (to match my other cards), is there an option ensure that the PSA slab will only be cracked once the grader is almost certain that they would be grading it at minimum of a 9.

I know that PSA and BGS offer this service after looking at their submission forms but after looking at CGCs it seems like minimum grading isn't an option unless I missed something?

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Jacob de Kleuver said:

So, I was just curious that if I were to send my new PSA 9 card to be graded by GCG instead (to match my other cards), is there an option ensure that the PSA slab will only be cracked once the grader is almost certain that they would be grading it at minimum of a 9.

I know that PSA and BGS offer this service after looking at their submission forms but after looking at CGCs it seems like minimum grading isn't an option unless I missed something?

Yes we do, when you select crossover, you can then select a minimum crossover grade that is equal to or less than the grade on the PSA or Beckett holder.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:51 PM, Jacob de Kleuver said:

not advised, PSA is very "loose" with grading. a PSA 10 can be off centered 60/40 and still qualify as a 10. this will not be the case for a CGC graded card. a PSA 9 will probably transfer over to CGC at a 7-8. 

https://www.psacard.com/resources/gradingstandards

Edited by Kiramouse