• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

best resource for pricing comics and GPA?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2020 at 9:01 AM, Anthony Dezzutti said:

I typically use Sold listings on Ebay or Go Collect, but not sure what the "gold" standard for pricing is?

thanks!

Best is to pool multiple sources and then logically come to a happy medium ... start with a subscription to GPA for Comics, and then watch auction results from CLink, CConnect and Heritage. That's what I do.  

If it is a bigger book (bigger meaning value wise or desirability or rarity or all of those) I refer to sales from other sites. If it is something more run-of-the-mill, I use ebay sales. 

Occasionally I have a book that is hard to track, with sales all over the place. I price those a bit higher with best offer and if it doesn't sell, I start the drop zone until someone nabs it up. 

I prefer GO COLLECT and feel as though its definitely picked up steam the past two years. Originally people would scoff at it and cite GPA but now I see more vendors and dealers put stock in it. At the end of the day be wary of dealers or sellers as they will probably cite whatever data source skews more in their favor.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:25 PM, Suggestions said:

I prefer GO COLLECT and feel as though its definitely picked up steam the past two years. Originally people would scoff at it and cite GPA but now I see more vendors and dealers put stock in it. At the end of the day be wary of dealers or sellers as they will probably cite whatever data source skews more in their favor.

Have you noticed any down time on the GO COLLECT site recently? Recently I have had several instances per day where the site won't load when I need a time sensitive quotes to make an offer. I try to query an issue and the website doesn't load.