• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's PREDATOR: PREY directed by Dan Trachtenberg (2022)
5 5

372 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2021 at 8:13 AM, Bosco685 said:

What?

K, I'm not the best at explaining online

I think there was an option when we first logged in that asked what level of parental lock we wanted, and set it to never filter anything.

I could be wrong 

On 11/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, The Meta said:

K, I'm not the best at explaining online

I think there was an option when we first logged in that asked what level of parental lock we wanted, and set it to never filter anything.

I could be wrong 

No, Disney actually noted that any content shown will not be beyond PG-13. And that the more R-Rated content will go to Hulu.

So it is interesting that for accounts outside the USA (Canada is Domestic or I would use that term), it appears to be a different strategy.

On 11/12/2021 at 8:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

No, Disney actually noted that any content shown will not be beyond PG-13. And that the more R-Rated content will go to Hulu.

So it is interesting that for accounts outside the USA (Canada is Domestic or I would use that term), it appears to be a different strategy.

Honestly, that is so odd

They are making the US basically have to pay for content you are entitled to

Now, perhaps I'm jumping the gun. I think you guys have a LOT more content than I do. Unless I'm not wrong thinking the content I have is fairly sparse

On 11/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, chrisco37 said:

Right?  It's just "the hunters become the hunted".  Take the baddest arse guys on the planet and flip the --script on them.  No subplots, no romantic interest, no secret conspiracy, nothing.  Just 100% testosterone and bullets.  It's a perfect action movie.  

It was also built for the Era

The 80s formula was to have these HeMen running around saving the world. Predator was designed to knock this off its mantle.

Prey Star Amber Midthunder "Proud & Excited" for New Predator Movie

he next entry in the Predator franchise, a prequel titled Prey. Set in the 1700s and focusing on a young Native American warrior that must face the trophy-hunting alien beast, the new film comes from 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg but also stars Native American actress Amber Midthunder (Roswell, New Mexico, Longmire). The first photo of Midthunder in the film teased her battle with the Predator in the upcoming movie and in a new social media post she's opened up about how proud she is of the film and its representation of Native Americans on the big screen.

"I'm beyond words feeling proud, humbled, and excited to finally be able to share this news and have been given this opportunity," Midthunder wrote on Instagram. "It is time we see ourselves represented fully in mainstream entertainment. As strong and human, by our own people. I can't wait for you all to see what we made this summer. Ʉra ako & pilamaye." Her post came with the teaser image of her from the film as well as the official title card that was revealed by 20th Century Studios.

ambermidthunder.PNG.e2652e2c78d74a913294ebc5d6d51d46.PNG

On 11/12/2021 at 7:50 AM, chrisco37 said:

Right?  It's just "the hunters become the hunted".  Take the baddest arse guys on the planet and flip the --script on them.  No subplots, no romantic interest, no secret conspiracy, nothing.  Just 100% testosterone and bullets.  It's a perfect action movie.  

That’s why holly weird keeps messing it up. They don’t want to have Men kick anymore they want a fairly take showing that women kick lmao. 

I really don't care what era the Predators are in, or who they are hunting.

I just like me some Predators.

Having grown up in and around people who hunt - I've seen good ones and bad ones.
I wish some of that was maybe portrayed a bit with the Predators.
Because even hunters with superior tactical advantage and firepower can do stupid things & overestimate themselves and can take things for granted.

I wonder if the Predators have to 'pull tags' to get to hunt on Earth or other worlds.
Some guys wait forever to get to hunt in more game-rich areas.

I can see the Predators saying, "Oh yeah - Earth is a fun place to hunt. Good game there. Just pay attention. Once in awhile you get a nasty surprise."

On 11/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, HighVoltage said:

I really don't care what era the Predators are in, or who they are hunting.

I just like me some Predators.

Having grown up in and around people who hunt - I've seen good ones and bad ones.
I wish some of that was maybe portrayed a bit with the Predators.
Because even hunters with superior tactical advantage and firepower can do stupid things & overestimate themselves and can take things for granted.

I wonder if the Predators have to 'pull tags' to get to hunt on Earth or other worlds.
Some guys wait forever to get to hunt in more game-rich areas.

I can see the Predators saying, "Oh yeah - Earth is a fun place to hunt. Good game there. Just pay attention. Once in awhile you get a nasty surprise."

There was a Predators story of the creature throughout the ages. For me, it was really good. So I'd like to see that play out on the big screen.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:25 AM, Bosco685 said:

There was a Predators story of the creature throughout the ages. For me, it was really good. So I'd like to see that play out on the big screen.

Bloody Sands of Time?

On 11/14/2021 at 4:04 PM, The Meta said:

Bloody Sands of Time?

kermit-muppet.gif.7f3b17e307a003f8d353fc05cd82e694.gif

:baiting:

I believe that's it! Or at least one of the stories.

Predator: The Bloody Sands of Time

A strange carnage in the Nicaraguan jungle for which an US soldier is blamed responsible leads his defender, Central Intelligence Agency operative Griggs Irving, to recall similar incidents registered in South Vietnam in 1968 and in France during World War I.

The other was Predator: 1718 which covers the ancient pistol that shows up in the movie Predator 2

Predator: 1718 is a comic book short story that was first published by Dark Horse Comics in the special anniversary anthology series A Decade of Dark Horse # 1 in July 1996. It was written by Henry Gilroy, and illustrated and colored by Igor Kordev.

If you have read my columns before, you know I am a big fan of buddy cop flicks / teamwork in comics. This too indeed has that element, albeit set in a time long ago. Dropping anchor at an island in Guinea in 1718, Captain Raphael Adolini, leader of a small band of pirates, is suddenly faced with mutiny over a stolen case of gold which was destined for a church. Adolini wanted the gold returned, much to the anger of his crew, who turned against him.

takeit.gif.3f12dcff7f5d682aa42d74bb1167087f.gif

On 11/14/2021 at 2:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

kermit-muppet.gif.7f3b17e307a003f8d353fc05cd82e694.gif

:baiting:

I believe that's it! Or at least one of the stories.

Predator: The Bloody Sands of Time

The other was Predator: 1718 which covers the ancient pistol that shows up in the movie Predator 2

takeit.gif.3f12dcff7f5d682aa42d74bb1167087f.gif

Loved that scene in Predator 2.

I didn't know they did a story on that, pretty cool. Do you know where it was published? Going to guess somewhere in DHP

On 11/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, The Meta said:

Loved that scene in Predator 2.

I didn't know they did a story on that, pretty cool. Do you know where it was published? Going to guess somewhere in DHP

^^

But I think they reprinted it as well

On 11/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

^^

But I think they reprinted it as well

I haven't paid much attention to most things published after 2000, but I'm slowly starting to pick up bits and pieces. I'll keep an eye out