• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's PREDATOR: PREY directed by Dan Trachtenberg (2022)
5 5

372 posts in this topic

Wasn't the first time Predators came to earth around prehistory?

I know WWI was a storyline in one of the Dark Horse minis.

So many great Dark Horse stories, so little clue Fox has.

Shane Black shall never ever be forgiven for his shameless greedy contribution 

On 7/28/2021 at 3:02 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Wasn't the first time Predators came to earth around prehistory?

I know WWI was a storyline in one of the Dark Horse minis.

So many great Dark Horse stories, so little clue Fox has.

Shane Black shall never ever be forgiven for his shameless greedy contribution 

On 7/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, media_junkie said:

Studios still chasing that first "high" that the original Predator movie gave everyone.

When Disney announced it had to pay $71.3B to purchase Twentieth Century Fox, not long after it announced part of their plan to recoup the cost was relaunching certain franchises as starters.

• Planet of the Apes
  • Predator
  • Aliens
  • Home Alone
  • Cheaper By the Dozen
  • Percy Jackson
  • Night At The Museum
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid

How you like all those Marvel characters coming together under one roof now?

(:

The first Predator just had so much going for it.  From a plot perspective, it's very minimalist and just a different take on hunting "the most dangerous game".  Add in all these big, meathead special forces guys being taken down one by one and it just works.  The scene where Dillon is killed in phenomenal from a technical aspect.  No other scene in the film is framed or shot that way.  It really drove home the fact that Dillon realized (too late) that they weren't up against a human.  I've even developed more of an appreciation for Predator 2 over the years for adding to the lore and mystique.  Danny Glover may have been slightly miscast, but it kinda makes sense when watching it.  Predators was a valiant attempt to go back to the roots after the AvP films.  The Predator was a mess, at least for me.  I did not like it.  This isn't a franchise that requires much tinkering.  It relies on some interesting characters and locations.  It's not an indie art house film.  Keeping it simple is apparently too hard to comprehend.  

Agreed, nothing from Terminator, Alien or Predator came out well past '92.

I dunno if there was a changing of the guard or what, but hell, I'll say Alien3 was good, only because it was the first one I saw in the theater, on my birthday. 

Everything after that, sucks. Royally. Predators was at least watchable, but it too was over the top into cheese. 

On 9/3/2021 at 1:43 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Agreed, nothing from Terminator, Alien or Predator came out well past '92.

I dunno if there was a changing of the guard or what, but hell, I'll say Alien3 was good, only because it was the first one I saw in the theater, on my birthday. 

Everything after that, sucks. Royally. Predators was at least watchable, but it too was over the top into cheese. 

Alien 3 Assembly Cut is great! Even with the unpolished effects. That’s as close as we can come to the directors vision since he refused to participate. The Assembly Cut was put together based on his notes along with the footage not used in the theatrical release. 

On Predators, I thought it was a fun time in the theater. I rewatched it once or twice at home years later.

On Disney+ Day, the studio announced that its new Predator movie was set to drop in summer 2022, and will be entitled Prey. For some time, the pic was shot under the title Skulls. 

Deadline first told you about the project a year ago, with 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg directing. Today, we learned the plot line with the pic set in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, following Naru, a skilled female warrior who fiercely protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator.

The -script was written by Patrick Aison, whose producer-writer credits include the series Kingdom, Jack Ryan and Treadstone.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:41 AM, Bosco685 said:

Now that they corrected the article and noted this is Hulu, I have high hopes it will.

:wishluck:

Dunno Hulu, why wouldn't they put this on Disney+

Thought they had Aliens and Predator on there, will have to check 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, The Meta said:

PG-13 which when Disney purchased Fox Studios it was noted how certain content would most probably have to play on Hulu due to the family standards on Disney Plus.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, The Meta said:

What comes up when you search 'Alien' or 'Aliens'

Aliens.thumb.PNG.7a47bd11b912c8b4c9a0265221c901a9.PNG

What comes up when you search 'Predator' or 'Predators'

Predators.PNG.a5ba83f37e902da155c31981bd8f469b.PNG

On 11/12/2021 at 7:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

What comes up when you search 'Alien' or 'Aliens'

Aliens.thumb.PNG.7a47bd11b912c8b4c9a0265221c901a9.PNG

What comes up when you search 'Predator' or 'Predators'

Predators.PNG.a5ba83f37e902da155c31981bd8f469b.PNG

K, now I have to check

Man, I was hoping not to have to put on pants today.....

On 11/12/2021 at 10:03 AM, The Meta said:

Well, if I was you, I'd be outraged, and possibly move to Canada lol

20211112_080128.jpg

20211112_080157.jpg

So with Marvel movies they have to edit down the strong content for international releases. But with Disney+ they just said "International? Those folks consider everything acceptable!"

:roflmao:

On 11/12/2021 at 8:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

So with Marvel movies they have to edit down the strong content for international releases. But with Disney+ they just said "International? Those folks consider everything acceptable!"

:roflmao:

lol

No idea. I've never had a parental option turned on on my account because I don't have kids, maybe that has something to do with it