• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Magazine Bags
1 1

27 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Clarity is good but they are not crystal clear as Mylar bags.  These are polypropylene and are resealable.  Exclusive to Hotflips who is a board member.

Thank you sir. 

34 minutes ago, wombat said:

So I think I'm looking for Mylar then. I want some shiny ones for the books I'm displaying on my wall. Any suggestions on where to get them and brands?

• On 12/11/2009 at 4:34 PM, HD said:
    • I think there are a couple sizes, but the Vampirella slabs measure 9 5/8" x 13 7/8"

So, I did a little searching and I think this may be your best bet (assuming the slab dimensions quoted above are correct) but you're going to have to take a chance on buying a pack to make sure.  I've highlighted the 1114M2 for clarity.

992401871_ScreenShot2020-12-02at8_25_43PM.thumb.png.4dc6942d91497b4e23b37c328181bcf2.png

Here's the link to the site:

https://www.egerber.com/catalog_mylites2.htm

44 minutes ago, wombat said:

No mention of Mylar size and a magazine is not shown. Unless the seller is having custom made mylar sleeves manufactured nothing from egerber, cole or bcw is closer than the egerber 1114M2

I use 1114M2 but they have too much excess even on thicker CGC magazine slabs.  I do wish there was better fitting alternative.

Edited by MAR1979

3 minutes ago, MAR1979 said:

No mention of Mylar size and a magazine is not shown.

I use egerber 1114M2 but they have too much excess even on thicker CGC magazine slabs.  I do wish there was better fitting alternative.

I realize they don't show a magazine, but they also have ones listed for regular CGC bags so I'm assuming these must fit. Maybe I'll ask for the measurements. 

11 hours ago, wombat said:

I realize they don't show a magazine, but they also have ones listed for regular CGC bags so I'm assuming these must fit. Maybe I'll ask for the measurements. 

Please ask for an in use pic as well at thickness 1mil or 2mil  :)  If they are custom and fit nicely, more folk like me may have interest

Edited by MAR1979

36 minutes ago, DINGER033 said:

I bought some from Bags Unlimited that worked good. They have a good selections of different size and thickness.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/category/353/comic-book-polyester-mylar-sleeves

I don't see 2 mil that will fit a CGC slab and the 4 mil is going to be an issue for obvious reasons.  Having said that, I've had good success with Bags Unlimited also.

11 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

I have messaged the seller to try to determine is these are Mylar.  Further down in the listing is says they are 1.7 ml Mylar.

I sent them a message last night to give me the exact dimensions and I haven't heard back. 

While I would always prefer to use Mylar with everything, Gerber doesn't have anything that fits properly on the graded magazines.  The most effective product I've used for this purpose is these:  https://www.bcwsupplies.com/treasury-comic-book-bags  They are just a touch wide, but not too bad.  The height is just a tad short, but you can still bend the flap over and there's enough real estate to tape it on the back.  They fit fine into the graded mag boxes with these.  Ironically, these don't work for Marvel or DC treasuries, so this seems to be the most practical use for them. I haven't had the chance to try anything with the Hot Flips bags.

Edited by Stevemmg