• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT Duo Kevin Eastman & Ben Bishop Join CGC's Private Signing Lineup!
2 2

80 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Habby2324

Pardon the tag but I was curious

A customer service rep mentioned to me on the phone that, since we had to wait for the rest of the Eastman Books to be signed....

that once they are in couple of weeks, that they would then be expressed through the TAT process? what kind of express treatment should we expect?

the same 3 week for nonpress? and 6 week for press/grade? Just curious :wishluck: and hoping 

I'm not really too upset, but it's just hard, I had my 1st book in to cgc in dec and the 2nd in by Jan, and then the signing got pushed back several times :shy: 

and it was told to me that my books even though in early are still in the 2nd batch and not signed yet, so I'm just looking for any concession with TAT I can find lol 

I believe when they say "express" they are referring to the 3 week/6 week TATs, not the Express tier. I talked to a rep yesterday as well since one of my books actually got signed in the first round and he told me that the 3 week clock started on March 6th for books already signed.

2 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I believe when they say "express" they are referring to the 3 week/6 week TATs, not the Express tier. I talked to a rep yesterday as well since one of my books actually got signed in the first round and he told me that the 3 week clock started on March 6th for books already signed.

and they said the rest would be signed 3-4 weeks later, but from when? March 6th? or when they announced that not all were signed? 

which was a bit later :sorry::tonofbricks: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

and they said the rest would be signed 3-4 weeks later, but from when? March 6th? or when they announced that not all were signed? 

which was a bit later :sorry::tonofbricks: 

No idea. This has been a fairly irritating signing as far as moving target dates. However, this wouldn't even be in the top 100 of excoriating wait times in the history of SS signings. I think I waited something like a year for Totleben books way back when. And then there's the infamous Anthony Castrillo sketch opp. Look that one up.

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

No idea. This has been a fairly irritating signing as far as moving target dates. However, this wouldn't even be in the top 100 of excoriating wait times in the history of SS signings. I think I waited something like a year for Totleben books way back when. And then there's the infamous Anthony Castrillo sketch opp. Look that one up.

ya I definitely don't want to complain too much, I'm more for the understanding of what to expect. I guess with all the information available so far, it is what it is :) 

29 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I meant excruciating, not excoriating. But both work.

Lol I figured or I knew what you meant haha, life goes on they say, still thanks for the thoughtful response. Best I've gotten, take what I can get kind of thing. :sorry:

Let's call a spade a spade.  Overall, CGC customer care doesn't do a good job - this is not a customer first organization or service.  Workflow transparency for the customer is terrible, communication is severely lacking, status needs work, invoicing down right confusing. Lots of opportunity and a lot of quick fixes, just not sure they want to.

FYI, my book received on Dec 18th is still marked as received.

Edited by Chetgunderson

I was discussing with my 80 year old dad, how they kept pushing back the date of the signing, and not because the artist had to postpone but because they wanted an opportunity to get more books in lole last ronin.

I'm wishy washy, cause I know these things happen or take time, was just hoping for a little more transparency as well.

I'll still be satisfied in the end, and I guess that is the main thing

My dad regaled me with tales from his work, and how it was up to the customer to preorder months in advance and he only get paid if the order shipped lol

So it could be worse is my point

Contacted CGC about this signing, for another reason, and the CS person told me that my books are "pressing", but the status is still set to "received" under my submissions.  So it appears their internal system has better status than what we see. Wish it would apply on our side too!  So they were signed, super excited!

19 hours ago, Jackson Blankenship said:

Submitted January 10th, marked received January 19th and part of the second batch.  When will that signing take place?  Anyone gotten any updates?

18 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Mine was marked received 12/7/20, and it still has its status as 'received'. I assume no updates on when this is going to be done?

POSTED DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY ON FACEBOOK

Hey there, comic fans! We know many of you have been requesting more information on a number of private signings, so we thought it was a good idea to get some more detailed information out to you. Here is a list of signing updates! • Chris Evans Signing - All books have been signed. • Chris Claremont Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Joe Rubinstein - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Frank Miller and Klaus Janson - All books have been signed and Remarques/Sketches completed. • Ben Bishop - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Kevin Eastman Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Geoff Johns, David Finch, Brad Anderson, Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke, and Jason Fabok Signing - Due to international travel setbacks this signing was pushed out later than expected. However, we are happy to report that we have received all of Jason Fabok's signed books back from Canada and we will be getting David Finch and Brad Anderson books signed by mid-May. If you selected a Fabok ONLY signature, those books have already been sent through for grading. • We apologize for the delays, but please know we are working around the clock to make sure every customer gets what they have requested. Lastly, we are so grateful for your continued support and appreciate your patience as we navigate through the tremendous growth we have seen in the comic collecting community. Even without Comic Cons (which we dearly miss!), you have all made this an exciting time for all of us at CGC Comics! Comic on! #cgccomics #cgc #comiconfriends #privatesignings #recap #signatureseries #comicbooks #igcomicfamily #igcomicbookfamily #comics #artists #writers #comicsrock #welovecomics #gradedcomics #slabbedcomics #igcomics

Posted on Facebook by cgc

Well, I think I've officially hit the "no more CGC signature events for me ever again" date with my patience. Every other company I know would at least shoot out an email to paying customers if there are any delays or updates - but CGC seems is devoid of any such helpful customer service (:

I have called once a week since first week in April to get an update about my TMNT books that were received 12/28/20.

Beginning of conversation is always, well you know we received so many submissions and Kevin left without finishing and we had to organize a follow up.

Second part of conversation,  oh your books are in quality control, but it looks like they have been there awhile. 

Last part of conversation,  oh yes, I will contact the people on the floor and get you an update and personally send you an email as soon as they find out why your books are not moving. 

Never got a single response. I tell the rep on phone that, oh? Who did you speak with? Well, I will indeed email you......nope. nothing.

Where are my books?

On 6/28/2021 at 9:51 PM, SunMojo said:

I have called once a week since first week in April to get an update about my TMNT books that were received 12/28/20.

Beginning of conversation is always, well you know we received so many submissions and Kevin left without finishing and we had to organize a follow up.

Second part of conversation,  oh your books are in quality control, but it looks like they have been there awhile. 

Last part of conversation,  oh yes, I will contact the people on the floor and get you an update and personally send you an email as soon as they find out why your books are not moving. 

Never got a single response. I tell the rep on phone that, oh? Who did you speak with? Well, I will indeed email you......nope. nothing.

Where are my books?

Same.

Any request I make for some clarification on turn around time is either vague or just never replied to (the best answer I get is 'it will be finalized soon', but I have no idea what that means as they said that three weeks ago on the phone and then again a week ago via email)

This is becoming an actual customer service issue now rather than just being an understandable delay due to volume of submissions - I would be fine with any reason for  delay had they actually been transparent with what was going on and not trying to dodge the questions when I finally reach out to customer support.