• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC grade all this?

2 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm a Mew global collector at Pokemon TCG, which mean I'm after all variants of cards featuring that Pokemon as main object or in the back, referred to in the text, etc.

I'm thinking of having my collection slabbed to have a clean uniform presentation for all my cards, however I have many interrogations first regarding what CGC would grade. In particular the following:

* misprints of all kinds (misaligned sides, shifted miscuts, twisted miscuts, crimps, square cornered cards, cards with extra material, crimps, sheet edge, ...)? Is it possible to choose the label to give to a misprinted card when submitting?

* sealed crimped Ancient Mew (where only the Mew itself is crimped and not the insert)?

* sealed crimped Ancient Mew (where both cards are crimped)? If so, would the label be different from the previous case?

* advertisement cards, such as loose Ancient Mew inserts, "Catch Mew" cards, code cards...?

* very unusual languages, such as Thai, Indonesian...?

* maybe a fake/proxy card, with a label indicating so? (I don't really believe you would but that's worth asking still).

* jumbo cards (Corocoro format and standard jumbo format).

Additionally, and not related to the Mew collection, I have a few unusual signed MtG cards I'd love to have slabbed to protect them. However, these cards are not signed by the card artist, but by other people. Does CGC have an autograph label for this? Here are 2 examples:

* Gallowbraid card, signed by Jake Rogers, from the band of the same name.

* Advertisement card for MtG Minecraft mode, depicting Chandra planeswalker, signed by Magali Villeneuve in a square Minecraft fashion.

I think I'm done with my questions. Thanks in advance for all info!

Best,

Layalouhamesh

Got the answers by mail, for those interested:

* misprints of all kinds (misaligned sides, shifted miscuts, twisted miscuts, crimps, square cornered cards, cards with extra material, crimps, sheet edge, ...)? Is it possible to choose the label to give to a misprinted card when submitting?

– Yes we do most misprints. But only the ones that will fit in our holder. If they are any larger than a normal card like a twisted miscut might be, then no, we can’t do them. Not yet at least.

* sealed crimped Ancient Mew (where only the Mew itself is crimped and not the insert)?

– We do not grade sealed cards, but we do grade crimps as errors. It would be cut open and holdered.

* sealed crimped Ancient Mew (where both cards are crimped)? If so, would the label be different from the previous case?

– Nope, would be cut out and graded.

* advertisement cards, such as loose Ancient Mew inserts, "Catch Mew" cards, code cards...?

– Nope. I believe the only one we do is Questions? From 4th print base.

* very unusual languages, such as Thai, Indonesian...?

www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8633/pokemon-cards-graded/

* maybe a fake/proxy card, with a label indicating so? (I don't really believe you would but that's worth asking still).

– No. We will do artistic alters though in a green label assuming we can see what the original card is and it’s not trying to imitate a rare card.

* jumbo cards (Corocoro format and standard jumbo format).

– Nope, no holder for this yet.

Additionally, and not related to the Mew collection, I have a few unusual signed MtG cards I'd love to have slabbed to protect them. However, these cards are not signed by the card artist, but by other people. Does CGC have an autograph label for this? Here are 2 examples:

* Gallowbraid card, signed by Jake Rogers, from the band of the same name.

– Yes, but in a Green Qualified Label with Unwitnessed Signature on the back. Same on the next one.