• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old comic book pictures you once had

124 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Pic was only a few years ago, before I sent it to auction. Took the pic and a few silver keys to show my kids one day. They're both teens now and just starting to jump into the hobby. 

20171019_124501.jpg

:whatthe::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::screwy::screwy::sorry:

On 1/22/2021 at 1:41 PM, Rip said:

These are some pics from the Colfax collection I found. I have dozens more photos, but here are a few highlights.

Short story, friend moved into parents house. Parents were horders who saved everything they ever had.

Basement was full of comics mixed in with magazines and tons of old junk. The further we dug the older the stuff. I pulled out most of these myself. Mixed in with a dead rat, I climbed over old Jr High books.

I went back 5 times and found 4 or 5 stashes. These are from batches 1,2 and 3 I believe.

Thats a coverless Superman 1 BTW

This is such an awesome story.  But.... You went back?  How could you actually leave knowing there was more??  They would have had to tie me to the back of truck and drag me out- and then I would have ran right back in! They'd have to cut off my legs!   I'd be digging till there was nothing uncovered!  Pay rent if I had to, stake a claim!  There's gold in them heaps!  Ha ha! 

They were horders and they would also stash money in strange places. She would find small stashes of money in the bedroom in different places. Sometimes between pages of old magazines or in small boxes scattered around. You would be shocked at the amount of different things they had going back to 1930's. I still have an old Cigarette vending machine from the 1950's that I need to sell packed in my garage from the that collection. 

25 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Terrible scan of a terrible picture of my old comic room.  I still have most of these books (I think I've sold 6 or 7 of them over the years).  I know all the Suspense are gone, as well as one Catman and the Punch #1 (damn that ComCav...lol). Oh, and these are not the actual books, just color scans of the covers.  The EC Fan-addict Club Kit is gone too...

=House-Coarsegold-ComicRoom.jpg

Where are the snakes? 

4 hours ago, fishbone said:

thankfully, still have some of these .................

grails.jpg

:whatthe: you have a Marvel 9 I have had 5 of everything else but the Action 1. For sum :makepoint: I want a copy of Fantasy 15 back and i have had well over 100 back in the cheap day:facepalm:IMG_0532.JPG

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Edited by woowoo

This is an old SDCC photo (remember those nostalgic conventions? Seems like a lifetime ago!)...

image.thumb.png.48a56c1750800169f9cc4c1ca99a5bbd.png

I was in the vicinity of the Heritage booth and dropped by to discuss GA with my bud, Steve.

Thinking this was 2012 or 2013.  Rare tie-as-opposed-to-ale variant.

:tink: