• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Easy to crack cases

6 posts in this topic

I have seen alot on youtube recently about CGC trading card cases being easy to crack. I am wanting to know if this is an isolated batch or whether this is a more serious issue that CGC are looking in to? As someone looking to facilitate card grading from the UK it is very important I know this before I can start sending cards for grading. 

• Administrator

We've carefully calibrated our ultrasonic welders to ensure a tight and attractive seal. We also image every card after our encapsulation process and post those images to our website for an added layer of security.

That being said, we are constantly working with product and machinery engineers to improve our holders. One of the soon-to-be-released improvements for the CGC Trading Cards holder will result in an even tighter seal. 

Paul

I have now seen also someone demonstrate that even once cracked that it is evident and if they were to be resealed it would be identifiable. It might be an idea for your PR department to put out a statement with a video on how to identify tampered cases... just an idea. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, TCGrading said:

I have now seen also someone demonstrate that even once cracked that it is evident and if they were to be resealed it would be identifiable. It might be an idea for your PR department to put out a statement with a video on how to identify tampered cases... just an idea. 

Yes, there is always significant whitening or cracks, most often seen around the label area and the edges of the holder as well. I have attached one that was supposedly cracked "cleanly" but clearly shows a lot of damage.

Paul

thumbnail_20201128_221459.jpg

On 11/30/2020 at 3:57 PM, PaulS. said:

One of the soon-to-be-released improvements for the CGC Trading Cards holder will result in an even tighter seal.

Have this happened yet? I ask in order to send my first batch or wait a bit.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Emirikol said:

Have this happened yet? I ask in order to send my first batch or wait a bit.

Yes, we have already remedied this issue by increasing the sealing on our holders.

Paul