• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 collecting in the rear-view review (the good stuff)
8 8

212 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, october said:

Covid + working from home + boredom + looking at screens til my eyes melt = too much buying and selling

Sold a lot of "just stuff" this year, but also added a lot to my collection. Here's a group shot of the older stuff. Bought some Atomic as well, but these are more interesting. 

1.jpg

Great set of books, but hangman 4 :x

Edited by Ltpink2002

22 minutes ago, october said:

Love that issue. Great cover, great interiors. Been looking for a copy for years. 

Honestly, all are jaw-dropping! The one that surprised me was the Red Raven. Purchase of opportunity or a book you were looking for? What's your attraction to that one book?

33 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Honestly, all are jaw-dropping! The one that surprised me was the Red Raven. Purchase of opportunity or a book you were looking for? What's your attraction to that one book?

I've always loved that cover, and the fact that it's essentially an oddball one-shot. I know it continues as Torch, but still grabbed my eye as an overlooked/weird early Timely. 

24 minutes ago, october said:
1 hour ago, Scrooge said:

I've always loved that cover, and the fact that it's essentially an oddball one-shot. I know it continues as Torch, but still grabbed my eye as an overlooked/weird early Timely. 

Can't argue to its place in Marvel's history. It has that raw energy of early super-hero GA. Superb choice as all books were.

22 minutes ago, october said:

Red Raven is one of the early collaborations between Simon and Kirby.  It also has one of those great stand-out yeller covers.  Given a chance, Red Raven could've developed into a hit series, but it's logical that Goodman would see more opportunity in the Human Torch as it'd become a big hit with Marvel Mystery readers.

48 minutes ago, GoldenAgeAddict said:

Accomplished my 3 collecting goals for 2020

30A2D1A1-7850-41B3-A3D3-DAF65EAA075F.jpeg

I recognize that Adventure 46!  Many congrats on the pick-up.

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I had wanted a Universal copy of this for several years and in 2020 it happened. This ticks all the boxes for me.  

23481E3B-329F-49DC-8310-B1F4A8F7E4A7.jpeg

Congratulations.  It's always a great feeling of accomplishment to acquire a very special grail book.  (thumbsu

Cheers,

:tink: