• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 collecting in the rear-view review (the good stuff)
8 8

212 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Badger said:

Considering that I really should not have bought anything this year it was a good year. :blush:

167897531_ALLSELECTCOMICS7CGC8.5.thumb.jpg.c052c6942566abef5ae640ca2f01f48b.jpg

freckles_and_friends_8_CGC_Front.thumb.jpg.0207babcf7fbf7ea8a74d3454a2e30ba.jpg

Good Lord, that All-Select is a toughie.  Need it for my run.  Was the Freckles off of an eBay auction a few months ago?  I recall a run of obscure high grade Schomburgs came up for auction in the least likely place (eBay), and I was lucky enough to win a few, but I think this was one that got away.

Edited by JiveTurkeyMoFo

11 minutes ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

Good Lord, that All-Select is a toughie.  Need it for my run.  Was the Freckles off of an eBay auction a few months ago?  I recall a run of obscure high grade Schomburgs came up for auction in the least likely place (eBay), and I was lucky enough to win a few, but I think this was one that got away.

I maybe wrong, but remember you picking up a very nice All Select 1 off CLink few years ago 8.0 range.  Congratulations 

50 minutes ago, Ltpink2002 said:

8B93E816-DD7E-4F15-901F-D055A5F098DE.jpeg

you don't need this anymore, you don't want this anymore.

you will sell this to GothamKid for pennies on the dollar...

databank_jedimindtrick_01_169_a491266d.jpeg?region=0,43,1560,781

Edited by Gotham Kid

33 minutes ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

freckles_and_friends_8_CGC_Front.thumb.jpg.0207babcf7fbf7ea8a74d3454a2e30ba.jpg

No, Freckles was from Heritage a few weeks ago. I did not have the money when Rick was selling one a while back but this I managed to get. Love Schomburg (XELA)! :luhv:

41 minutes ago, Ltpink2002 said:

I maybe wrong, but remember you picking up a very nice All Select 1 off CLink few years ago 8.0 range.  Congratulations 

Yes, that's correct.  It then went to that "other place" and got a bump to 8.5.  Now its contraband here.  :bigsmile:

I think I'm going to officially post some of my own 2020 acquisitions to this thread.  Nothing major, but I found a few gems along the way.

Edited by JiveTurkeyMoFo

25 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

This requires a little set-up for which this clip performed by Scott Mckenzie is ideally suited...

:insane:  Now that you're tripping and fully prepped for the psychedelic experience that follows...   :banana:

Hide contents

(edited)_MM_46_(SF)(2).jpg.97070995c93ac1d860abd3cd62f1b4a9.jpg

:tink:  And that, my friends, is my final big boy acquisition of 2020.  :acclaim:

Well done Sir ! :golfclap: