• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission issue

11 posts in this topic

HI there, I sent in a query through the CS form but haven't received a response. I'm wondering if there's an issue with my submission? Its status has been "Received" for three weeks now, or 15 business days. Since that's halfway through the total turnaround estimate, I'm wondering if there's an issue with the submission, or if there's just an unexpected backlog.

If a moderator could message me I can provide the order information. Many thanks!

• Administrator
On 12/2/2020 at 9:44 AM, Zj_collect said:

HI there, I sent in a query through the CS form but haven't received a response. I'm wondering if there's an issue with my submission? Its status has been "Received" for three weeks now, or 15 business days. Since that's halfway through the total turnaround estimate, I'm wondering if there's an issue with the submission, or if there's just an unexpected backlog.

If a moderator could message me I can provide the order information. Many thanks!

We are backed up in receiving right now. You should see yours update to received very soon.

1 hour ago, AshleyHabedank said:

We are backed up in receiving right now. You should see yours update to received very soon.

Thanks for the reply! But I think there's been a misunderstanding. It's already "Received," and has been for 16 business days.

Edited by Zj_collect

On 12/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, AshleyHabedank said:

HI there, could you please advise? The problem is not that my order isn't in the system, it's that my order has been "Received" on the tracker for 19 business days.

46 minutes ago, Zj_collect said:

HI there, could you please advise? The problem is not that my order isn't in the system, it's that my order has been "Received" on the tracker for 19 business days.

It will, in theory, stay in 'received' until it moves to 'scheduled for grading'.  You are not alone on the timeline you reference.  With the holidays and the surge in submissions, I think they are bumping up against their commitments more than previously.  I'd be curious to hear someone who's recently had a grading finish, just to get a reference point on when their order was first received.  

Wow. If merely receiving now takes longer than the estimated turnaround time for the entire process, I would hope that they'd be a lot more proactive in notifying customers with pending orders, updating their turnaround times, etc.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Zj_collect said:

Hi there, Sorry, I misunderstood originally.

Once a submission moves to "scheduled for grading" it moves very quickly through the process. The total turn times are including that "received" time. Also, our turn times are in business days if that helps. We also try to keep the website updated with the most accurate turn times.  For example right now Moderns are tracking 40 business days.

11 minutes ago, AshleyHabedank said:

Hi there, Sorry, I misunderstood originally.

Once a submission moves to "scheduled for grading" it moves very quickly through the process. The total turn times are including that "received" time. Also, our turn times are in business days if that helps. We also try to keep the website updated with the most accurate turn times.  For example right now Moderns are tracking 40 business days.

Thanks for clarifying. My turnaround time is estimated at 30 days, and we're 19 days in at present. But if "Receiving" is the biggest hurdle, that makes a bit more sense. Much appreciated.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Zj_collect said:

Thanks for clarifying. My turnaround time is estimated at 30 days, and we're 19 days in at present. But if "Receiving" is the biggest hurdle, that makes a bit more sense. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately our software doesn't tell a clear story of where your books are in the process. That is something we hope to correct soon. Thanks for your patience.

"Once a submission moves to "scheduled for grading" it moves very quickly through the process. The total turn times are including that "received" time. Also, our turn times are in business days if that helps. We also try to keep the website updated with the most accurate turn times.  For example right now Moderns are tracking 40 business days."

Very useful! I and I think many others are in the same boat of seeing this "received" status yet turnaround times are supposedly 30-40 days, so the multiple steps of grading seems like it'll take longer, thank you for clarifying this, I hope others read this post!