• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

Admittedly, I was worried after the first episode (which seemed lackluster, for lack of a better word).  As much as I've tried, I've never been a big Robert Rodriguez fan.  But the second episode was pretty well done.  I like what is being set up as a conflict between Boba's moral ideals and the realities of the feudal culture that the Hutts reign in.  And I'm really looking forward to the development of these secondary and tertiary characters, both adversaries and potential allies.

Also, anytime Jennifer Beals shows up, I'm feeling pretty good.  Just saying.  2c

This latest episode was really fantastic. Like a movie in itself.

They've nailed the quirkiness and coolness of the creatures throughout the world. My wife even commented on how cool that Wookie looked. I liked the 2nd one more than the first.

Edited by Rip

On 1/7/2022 at 8:41 AM, Rip said:

This latest episode was really fantastic. Like a movie in itself.

They've nailed the quirkiness and coolness of the creatures throughout the world. My wife even commented on how cool that Wookie looked. I liked the 2nd one more than the first.

In one episode they explained exactly why Boba looked the way he did in the Mandalorian.  And on top of that told an absolutely bad (expletive) story with heart.  I had originally thought that the gaffi stick was just a regular item, but to now have back story that the stick holds cultural significance and is a rite of passage not only adds to Boba's character, but also adds a layer to the Tusken Raiders as more than a savage race of backwater aliens.  Really well written by Favreau.

EDIT: readded my expletive which was removed and would otherwise change the context of my original post.  lol

Edited by ExNihilo

This was a very dope episode. I felt like I was watching some archeological documentary about Tusken Raiders! I liked the western-esque train heist that really wasn't a heist. I didn't realize that was Jennifer Beals running the cantina. Dang girl!

On 1/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, Rodey said:

This was a very dope episode. I felt like I was watching some archeological documentary about Tusken Raiders! I liked the western-esque train heist that really wasn't a heist. I didn't realize that was Jennifer Beals running the cantina. Dang girl!

That's funny because she didn't realize it either! xD

Jennifer Beals Didn’t Know She Was in ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ Even When She Was Making It 

"But this is how good they are at the lockdown of secrets: Even when I first stepped onto the set, I didn’t realize that I was in “The Book of Boba Fett.” I just knew that I was getting to be part of this story."

On 1/7/2022 at 11:29 AM, jcjames said:

"I do want to make the observation that the most prominent Twi’lek in the “Star Wars” universe, Bib Fortuna"

As a Hera Syndulla fan, I am deeply offended by this statement.  Spectre-2.  Rebellion leader.  Republic General.  Hopefully my favorite Twi'lek gets a little more respect moving forward.  Fingers crossed she appears in Ahsoka or some other live action media in the near future.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, ExNihilo said:

As a Hera Syndulla fan, I am deeply offended by this statement.  Spectre-2.  Rebellion leader.  Republic General.  Hopefully my favorite Twi'lek gets a little more respect moving forward.  Fingers crossed she appears in Ahsoka or some other live action media in the near future.

Or even Aayla!

It seems most fans were in agreement feeling the same about the 1st episode.  So I must be in the minority on the 2nd episode as I was so bored and I almost turned off the TV.  I want to like this show so bad and I do understand there are still 5 episodes to go, but so far this show in my opinion has been god awful.  The Lawrence of Arabia mixed with Dances with Wolfs retread doesnt work for me.  Am I also the only one who thinks Boba Fett's outfit looks like it was bought for $24.99 from the annual Halloween store or at  a Walmart? 

I am just tired that one episode so far in every season of Mando and now BOBF has to have an episode where a primtive tribe needs to be trained go up against an oppressive machine higher power.  I love a slow burn but so far these just feel like filler episodes.

I wish Disney when it comes to Star Wars would have this warning before each movie or episode.

image.png.48026c0997e4a3acdcfd3ccff777b678.png

On 1/7/2022 at 6:04 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

It seems most fans were in agreement feeling the same about the 1st episode.  So I must be in the minority on the 2nd episode as I was so bored and I almost turned off the TV.  I want to like this show so bad and I do understand there are still 5 episodes to go, but so far this show in my opinion has been god awful.  The Lawrence of Arabia mixed with Dances with Wolfs retread doesnt work for me.  Am I also the only one who thinks Boba Fett's outfit looks like it was bought for $24.99 from the annual Halloween store or at  a Walmart? 

I am just tired that one episode so far in every season of Mando and now BOBF has to have an episode where a primtive tribe needs to be trained go up against an oppressive machine higher power.  I love a slow burn but so far these just feel like filler episodes.

I wish Disney when it comes to Star Wars would have this warning before each movie or episode.

image.png.48026c0997e4a3acdcfd3ccff777b678.png

Pretty much agree 100% here. My biggest problem is Disney turns all bad guys into antiheroes and kills what makes them most interesting. I dont want a redemptive story. I want the best bounty hunter in the galaxy to do what he does best.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:54 PM, Tnexus said:

Pretty much agree 100% here. My biggest problem is Disney turns all bad guys into antiheroes and kills what makes them most interesting. I dont want a redemptive story. I want the best bounty hunter in the galaxy to do what he does best.

Yeah.  I like Boba Fett for how he acted in the movies (all 3 minutes of him lol), this version is totally boring. 

I have just come to gripes that Disney presently has made me bored and not enjoy Star Wars as much as I used. 

I also am starting to release that I do not find Star Wars lore out side of the Skywalkers that interesting.  Nothing about seeing Jedi's from 10,000 years ago excites me.  I am hoping the Kenobi series will be good, but with the current record of Disney SW I have low expectations.  

Edited by NewWorldOrder