• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

Furthermore it makes a lot of sense that storywise, Fett did not accompany them on the actual rescue mission given the fact that he would have run into someone that would have... 'complicated' the rescue mission. 

Edited by Buzzetta

‘The Book Of Boba Fett’ New Disney+ ‘Star Wars’ Series Launching December 2021

Deadline heard there was going to be a Boba Fett Disney+ spinoff series, but Lucasfilm left it off the lineup of Star Wars shows it revealed last week at its sprawling Disney Investor Day. However, at the end of the post-credit sequences in the Season 2 finale of The Mandalorian that dropped last night, it was confirmed that The Book of Boba Fett is happening December 2021.

If you played past the credits sequence in the Mandalorian finale we see Return of the Jedi character Bib Fortuna, Jabba’s old right-hand man, sitting on his throne in the old palace. Fennec (Ming-Na Wen) enters shooting most of the creatures around him, and blasting the shackles off  the blue dancing girl. Then Boba enters. Bib exclaims, “Boba, I thought you were dead!” Boba then shoots him dead and takes the throne at Jabba’s palace.

Last week, Kareem Daniel, chairman of Media and Entertainment Distribution at Disney, said that Disney+ would launch “roughly” 10 Marvel series, 10 Star Wars series and 15 live-action, animation and Pixar series over the next few years. That reveal included a pair of new Star Wars spinoffs: The Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka Tano, the latter based on that famed Clone Wars cartoon character brought to life by Rosario Dawson this past season on The Mandalorian.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I have a different take on why this might have been left of the Disney 'docket'.

What if the Book of Boba Fett "IS" Season 3 of the Mandalorian?

Din Djarin kind of finished his main story arc of getting the child to the Jedi and I think they might want to spread the Star Wars shows out as they debut them in a staggered way like they are doing with the Marvel series. 

Mando Season 3 was to debut now Book of Boba Fett.   Boba Fett IS a Mandalorian... it is possible that Book of Boba Fett IS Season 3. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Kinda like Narcos.

Although, the final image before the "book of fett" screen, almost looks like "Story Time w/ Boba Fett" where he will tell stories of his past hunts and adventures with the gang. lol 

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I forgot... as far as current canon

Jedi that survived, "the purge" regardless of whether or not they died later. 

• Ahsoka Tano
  • Ezra Bridger (May not count as he was force sensitive and trained later as a Jedi)
  • Grogu
  • Kanan Jarrus... 
  • and... Cal Kestis from that fallen order video game. 

Disney ignored the old canon last night by showing Bob Fortuna being killed by Boba Fett when in the old canon he wanders back the palace after Jabba dies and gets his brain removed to become one of those spider-monks. 

Those seem to be all of them. 

Farren Barr survived for a while, but Vader killed him during the purge. Barr had an apprentice named Verla who survived but I don't think she received full training and never got a lightsaber. She ended up becoming a fisherwoman and had a run-in with Luke after ESB. I doubt she'd play a role in any story Filoni and Faverau are trying to tell. 

Quinlan Vos would be interesting. He fell to the dark side for a brief period when he and Ventress tried to assassinate Count Dooku as ordered by Mace Windu. He came back to the light. Most or all of that was revealed in Dark Disciple, which is canon. He's always been a bit of a wildcard

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I have a different take on why this might have been left of the Disney 'docket'.

What if the Book of Boba Fett "IS" Season 3 of the Mandalorian?

Din Djarin kind of finished his main story arc of getting the child to the Jedi and I think they might want to spread the Star Wars shows out as they debut them in a staggered way like they are doing with the Marvel series. 

Mando Season 3 was to debut now Book of Boba Fett.   Boba Fett IS a Mandalorian... it is possible that Book of Boba Fett IS Season 3. 

Totally agree with this. It would fit rather neatly if this was the end of Din Djarin’s arc. No need to worry about the fate of the Razor Crest, story w/o Baby Yoda etc. 

Oh and any other Game of Thrones fans get any flashbacks watching Mando get his head pounded thru the bulkhead?? 
:ohnoez:

It’s pretty crazy the roles Pascal has had that overlap with this hobby. Mando, GoT, he’s in the new Wonder Woman, and he was cast in The Sixth Gun. Wonder what would have happened to his career if that show ever made it past the pilot. 

On 12/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

It took Robert Rodriguez a half hour to show us why Boba Fett was the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, which is something that the Star Wars movies and the Clone Wars were never able to do.

I need a Hasbro 3 3/4" and 6" version of Mandalorian era Boba Fett. 

Note to self. Buzzetta with countless posts mentioning Hasbro purchases and wants. Must buy more shares of HAS. 

2 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Yes it’s the cover painting to issue 6.

Nice. That novel was the first SW book I read and opened my mind to the wider SW universe. It's no longer canon but holds a place close to my heart. 

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Nice. That novel was the first SW book I read and opened my mind to the wider SW universe. It's no longer canon but holds a place close to my heart. 

They keep pulling more and more stuff from Legends so I won’t be surprised if some aspects from it are reinserted. I remember reading a few of the other books like Tales From Jabba’s Palace and the Bounty Hunter’s books. I can’t remeber if I finished Heir to the Empire. There are tons I never read. I always loved the cover to Swarm War with Luke throwing Force Lightning.

2 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

They keep pulling more and more stuff from Legends so I won’t be surprised if some aspects from it are reinserted. I remember reading a few of the other books like Tales From Jabba’s Palace and the Bounty Hunter’s books. I can’t remeber if I finished Heir to the Empire. There are tons I never read. I always loved the cover to Swarm War with Luke throwing Force Lightning.

I'm sure we will. Filoni has such a tight grasp on legends and current-cannon that he will take what he can, if it will work. He won't shoehorn anything in for fan service, but he knows enough to not fix what isn't broken. 

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

After 2 seasons all I will say is: nobody knows anything.  They keep the lid on it. I’ll be surprised if they run Mando and Fett shows simultaneously tho. Like Buzz said, seems like they would want to spread it around a bit. Especially with so much to play with now.