• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

After 2 seasons all I will say is: nobody knows anything.  They keep the lid on it. I’ll be surprised if they run Mando and Fett shows simultaneously tho. Like Buzz said, seems like they would want to spread it around a bit. Especially with so much to play with now. 

Very true. Bill Burr had fans believing his character wasn’t appearing this season and Sasha Banks came out and said that her character wasn’t showing up again after she was first introduced

For those that love figures here are my suggestions for the Best Mandalorian "Black series sized" figures

Note many of these are imports
Boba Fett Mafex (Empire or Jedi) Expensive! $225+
IG-11 S.H.Figuarts Bandai Expensive! $175+
Mando: upcoming Mafex (Delayed until 2021)
Stormtrooper: Either Bandai model kit, New hope S.H.Figuarts or the new Mandalorian black series
Remnant Stormtrooer: Black series, but better yet paint your own
Ahsoka: Black series (Rebels), and original black series for the lightsabers
Deathtrooper: Bandai Model kit or Mafex (Smaller head but amazing weapons)
Heavy Mandalorian: S.H.Figuarts
Grogu: S.H.Figuarts
The Armorer: S.H.Figuarts
Biker Scout w/baby Yoda: Upcoming S.H.Figuarts (2021)
Jedi Luke: Wal-Mart Black series 
R2D2: Bandai figure (Stay away from black series) 
Cara Dune: Black Series
Bo-Katan: Black Series
Tuskin Rader: Black Series re-release (Cheaper)
Offworld Jawa: Black Series
Kuill: Black Series
Moff Gudeon: Black Series
Greef Karga: Black Series
Fennec Shand (Rumored TBA soon)
Mandlaorian Loyalist: Black Series
Shoretrooper: Mafex 
R5D4: Bandai Model kit

I think thats everyone 

Edited by Rip

Since the explosive finale of The Mandalorian Season Two on Friday, fans have been asking the question — what exactly is The Book of Boba Fett? The way the show left it, some thought it might be the point The Mandalorian enters into an anthology phase and does a different story each year. That sounds all fine and dandy, except for the fact Hollywood trades have already reported a Temuera Morrison-starring Boba Fett series has already started rolling cameras.

Now, one concept artist that has dabbled in the Star Wars universe has clarified the situation, suggesting The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett are, in fact, two separate shows for Disney+.

Bateman is known as a colleague of the late Ralph McQuarrie, and did art work on Revenge of the Sith. That said, Bateman did make sure to point out he isn't acting on behalf of the studio, and fans shouldn't think he represents Lucasfilm in an official capacity.

59 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Full GMA Jon Favreau interview where he talks about the 4 shows he will be working with Dave Filoni. :headbang::applause::popcorn:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/jon-favreau-talks-season-finale-mandalorian-74839269

Haven’t watched the full video yet but am I correct that only BoBF will air next December then Mando S3 will follow some time after?

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Full GMA Jon Favreau interview where he talks about the 4 shows he will be working with Dave Filoni. :headbang::applause::popcorn:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/jon-favreau-talks-season-finale-mandalorian-74839269

Love that he gives Filoni credit and calls him his partner. Well deserved. 

21 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Haven’t watched the full video yet but am I correct that only BoBF will air next December then Mando S3 will follow some time after?

That's how it sounded to me. 

2 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Jon Favreau sure has come a long way since playing a clown in an episode of "Seinfeld".

He's got the drive. I've loved watching his career since Swingers, which he also wrote the screenplay for. His work on Iron Man launched the MCU.

Really cool to see someone get as successful as he is while maintaining his insight into what fans want. Also, him partnering with Filoni on the SW stuff show's he knows how to surround himself with people who may know more about something than he does. 

On 12/20/2020 at 8:17 AM, Bosco685 said:

I've never been so happy to find out I was wrong.

I am also relieved that I was not the only one who thought this. 

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I've never been happy to find out I was wrong.

I am also relieved that I was not the only one who thought this. 

I'm surprised Disney allowed them to hold back Baby Yoda merchandising in S1 and hold back the Boba Fett show announcement until after the S2 finale. Storytelling taking a front seat to merchandising. Refreshing but surprising.

23 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I'm surprised Disney allowed them to hold back Baby Yoda merchandising in S1 and hold back the Boba Fett show announcement until after the S2 finale. Storytelling taking a front seat to merchandising. Refreshing but surprising.

True - even with marvel , we’re so accustomed to finding out things via toys - sometimes even commercials advertise things not even in the film ... some kind of trickery 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

7 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

6 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

True - even with marvel , we’re so accustomed to finding out things via toys - something’s even commercials adversaries things not even in the film ... some kind of trickery 

I don't think they did though.  Hasbro revealed a few things, "Boba Fett" that are due next year.  I would guess that they allowed the licensors to know of the plan so a company like Hasbro can plan accordingly.  They decided to keep it all from the public though as to why Boba Fett merchandise would be in production. 

There is the new 3 3/4" sculpt due in the beginning of May.  I also forgot that I had pre-ordered this and the 6" deluxe Fett is due a month later.   This all has to be planned out around a year in advance in order to meet the release date.  Now, given that these figures are in their traditional costumes, I would say that Disney did not give specifics other than, "you might want to focus on Fett."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JQNSMZN

https://hasbropulse.com/products/sw-bl-deluxe-figure-2

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't think they did though.  Hasbro revealed a few things, "Boba Fett" that are due next year.  I would guess that they allowed the licensors to know of the plan so a company like Hasbro can plan accordingly.  They decided to keep it all from the public though as to why Boba Fett merchandise would be in production. 

There is the new 3 3/4" sculpt due in the beginning of May.  I also forgot that I had pre-ordered this and the 6" deluxe Fett is due a month later.   This all has to be planned out around a year in advance in order to meet the release date.  Now, given that these figures are in their traditional costumes, I would say that Disney did not give specifics other than, "you might want to focus on Fett."

Favreau mentioned on GMA that they didn't do any merchandising for Baby Yoda ahead of season 1 because they didn't want to lose the impact of that scene. He also said he was able to get Disney to allow them to withhold the announcement of the show until after the S2 finale. That's what I meant when referencing Boba Fett.

4 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Favreau mentioned on GMA that they didn't do any merchandising for Baby Yoda ahead of season 1 because they didn't want to lose the impact of that scene. He also said he was able to get Disney to allow them to withhold the announcement of the show until after the S2 finale. That's what I meant when referencing Boba Fett.

Ohhh I thought you were talking specifically about Fett when it came to the merchandising. 

I would guess that we will see some announcements at Toy Fair especially with Lego. 

In the meantime... 

Christmas Fett... Yes I am leaving this up for Christmas 

IMG_1131.jpeg

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Not a big toy guy but damn ...those are slick